Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 May 2013, 18:00 (Ref:3251253)   #651
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If you look at what gets posted on YouTube, that seems to be a complete free for all.....
hmm, true!
Old 21 May 2013, 20:30 (Ref:3251348)   #652
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Got a few vids myself I'd like to upload one day, but I'm a little worried about copyright infringements etc, because I'm not sure what I'm doing. I know loads of people blatantly get away with using certain footage but I'm not so sure.
Worst that can happen is your Youtube account getting banned, and only that account (no IP ban) and even that requires three consequent copyright strikes (strike = when a video gets blocked/removed).

Especially if you mean some rarish racing footage that nobody sells anymore or have never sold in the first place (captured from tv), I don't think anybody will care. So go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Even if it isn't 'home-made', some people get away with a general disclaimer message in the description saying they do not own the footage and pointing out who did make it etc.
No they don't get away because of that, disclaimer like that is absolutely useless (but funny, since it's useless). If were are talking about Youtube specifically, main reasons why a video gets removed is that either the automatic content matching system finds it (bunch of algorithms that compare sound and image content of the videos) or a copyright owner manually files a complaint and then Youtube admins review it.
Old 22 May 2013, 00:43 (Ref:3251441)   #653
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Turn the sound up. Skip to 3:40 (you won't regret it) and just wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oupeu8ouWtQ

I'm so jealous of those of you who saw Le Mans like this. Le Mans has never been as good since, IMO.
A sea of prototypes! That was a beautiful thing.
Old 22 May 2013, 03:10 (Ref:3251479)   #654
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow.
Old 22 May 2013, 04:04 (Ref:3251482)   #655
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
A sea of prototypes! That was a beautiful thing.
That clip backs up what jimclark is always talking about. And some ALMSfans posters consider him "a ranting old man" longing for the old days; well, there's why.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 22 May 2013, 05:59 (Ref:3251493)   #656
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
No they don't get away because of that, disclaimer like that is absolutely useless (but funny, since it's useless). If were are talking about Youtube specifically, main reasons why a video gets removed is that either the automatic content matching system finds it (bunch of algorithms that compare sound and image content of the videos) or a copyright owner manually files a complaint and then Youtube admins review it.
Fair enough, I'd just seen videos with descriptions including that where some others without it were deleted, I'd assumed that giving credit for the work was enough but didn't know the real reasons.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:23 (Ref:3251688)   #657
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
That clip backs up what jimclark is always talking about. And some ALMSfans posters consider him "a ranting old man" longing for the old days; well, there's why.
I long for the old days, and I wasn't even there
Old 22 May 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3251689)   #658
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for responses RE my question, I think I will upload it then.

I only made them for personal enjoyment but one of them is probably worth sharing.
Old 22 May 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3251697)   #659
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leh Keen in the dark and rain during the 24 hours of Nurburgring. Hairy conditions, but some great driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvN0EzEacU
Old 22 May 2013, 15:13 (Ref:3251714)   #660
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
^ Came to post that...
Old 22 May 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3251720)   #661
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche917K View Post
Leh Keen in the dark and rain during the 24 hours of Nurburgring. Hairy conditions, but some great driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAvN0EzEacU
A suggestion: watch this on a HD screen in a dark room for full effect.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 22 May 2013, 16:47 (Ref:3251741)   #662
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Worst that can happen is your Youtube account getting banned, and only that account (no IP ban) and even that requires three consequent copyright strikes (strike = when a video gets blocked/removed).
I uploaded a number of curious short-ish clips from LM and ALMS and funnily enough the only one that got removed and resulted in a 'strike' was a ~5 second video from the GroupC Legends race on Saturday morning before LM24 2010 when Mark Cole of Eurosport made a very tongue-in-cheek 'prophecy' that all 4 Peugeots might retire with blown engines and Audi would take 1-2-3... I wonder if he himself made that copyright claim
Old 23 May 2013, 22:29 (Ref:3252425)   #663
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Two blokes in a Renault Alpine A442B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMCK3MlbU0
Old 25 May 2013, 21:30 (Ref:3253186)   #664
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
http://youtu.be/c8N3fNqj2eE awesome sounds
Old 25 May 2013, 22:52 (Ref:3253205)   #665
deggis
Veteran

Finland
I am sort of missing the seq. stick shifting, now that they are pretty much gone. I used to think that either completely H-manual or no stick at all, but...
Old 26 May 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3253362)   #666
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lovely fight that, but two questions:

What was the drive through for?
What was with the tyre chicane on one of the straights?
Old 26 May 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3253365)   #667
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
supercarchallengetv 3 hours ago
In the Supercar Challenge each driver has to do a mandatory pitstop of one minute. This allows for a driver change and some work on the car. If you leave the pitlane too early you will get a drive through penalty. This is what happened to Glynn Geddie. Still he recovered nicely and finished 2nd. The 2013 spec Ferrari had problems with the fuel pressure. This has nothing to do with skidding into the gravel trap (track was very dirty on the outside line), but made them drop back in speed.
Slovakiaring isn't it? They put those chicanes there for FIA GT to slow cars down over those rises after a Ferrari flipped over.....
Old 26 May 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3253524)   #668
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Two blokes in a Renault Alpine A442B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMCK3MlbU0
The driver is Jean-Pierre Jabouille, with him, Bernard Giroux, TV journalist, who died with Didier Pironi during a offshore boat race on the 23 of august 1987.
The commentator in the studio is José Rosinski, a journalist who also race many times at Le Mans in the 60's (1962 - René Bonnet Djet, 1964 - Ferrari 250 GTO, 1965 - Alfa GTZ/2, 1967 - Alpine A210). He died two years ago.
Old 26 May 2013, 20:36 (Ref:3253651)   #669
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Slovakiaring isn't it? They put those chicanes there for FIA GT to slow cars down over those rises after a Ferrari flipped over.....
Ah, thanks.
Old 27 May 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3253963)   #670
JW001
Rookie

JW001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKtvUK_o92s

My dad qualifying his Group C Spice Chevrolet at Spa last weekend
Old 27 May 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3254014)   #671
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent stuff!
Old 27 May 2013, 20:14 (Ref:3254191)   #672
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Indeed, great !

As is this young dutch fellow, in his March BMW M1 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEPHtRdqXs

I do love the way this little team coaxed this classic back to good health.
Old 27 May 2013, 23:48 (Ref:3254277)   #673
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Can we start a ten-tenths fund to buy this house please when the current owner sells it?

What a brilliantly placed house this is....the drive filters out into Indianapolis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuiA68hSe98
Old 28 May 2013, 15:29 (Ref:3254549)   #674
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Today it's the 30 year aniversary of Stefan Bellof setting the laptime record at the Nordschleife, so time for a repost. (I suppose it's a repost).
http://www.nuerburgring.de/stefanbellof.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gkhVnv80_lc
Old 28 May 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3254561)   #675
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Today it's the 30 year aniversary of Stefan Bellof setting the laptime record at the Nordschleife, so time for a repost. (I suppose it's a repost).
http://www.nuerburgring.de/stefanbellof.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gkhVnv80_lc
Awesome post, thanks for that. I must have watched that at least four times in one lecture