Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst in 2019
#2 Pye/Luff WAU Mobil1 Holden 1 1.89%
#3 Jacobson/Fiore KR Rabble Nissan 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Randle Tickford Bottle O Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/Caruso Tickford Monster Energy Ford 0 0%
#7 Heimgartner/Fullwood KR Plus Fitness Nissan 1 1.89%
#8 Percat/Blanchard BJR BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus Penrite Holden 5 9.43%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP Shell Ford 0 0%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR Freightliner Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Castrol Nissan 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP Shell Ford 12 22.64%
#18 Winterbottom/Richards Team18 Irwin Holden 0 0%
#19 LeBrocq/Webb Tekno Truck Assist Holden 0 0%
#21 Jones/Canto BJR CoolDrive Holden 1 1.89%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WAU Mobil1 Holden 0 0%
#23 Davison/Davison 23Red Milwaulkee Ford 1 1.89%
#27 Hinchcliffe/Rossi WAU Napa Auto Parts Holden 0 0%
#33 Stanaway/Pither GRM Boost Mobile Holden 1 1.89%
#34 Golding/Muscat GRM Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#35 Hazelwood/Smith MSR SP Tools Holden 1 1.89%
#55 Mostert/Moffat Tickford SuperCheap Auto Ford 2 3.77%
#56 Kostecki/Kostecki KBR Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/Rullo KR Harvey Norman Nissan 1 1.89%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander RBHRT Red Bull Holden 14 26.42%
#99 de Pasquale/Brown Erebus Penrite Holden 1 1.89%
#111 Evans/Van Der Drift TKR TKR Holden (SCRATCHED) 2 3.77%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes RBHRT Red Bull Holden 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 5 Oct 2019, 09:28 (Ref:3932047)   #76
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps it's a reflection of what they're paying for the amount of real estate they're taking up?

Did you ever consider that?
Old 5 Oct 2019, 09:52 (Ref:3932052)   #77
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How does that work for a "Naming Rights Sponsor" with a 'proud' 20+ year history?

I recall Steve Chalker saying he'd rather go back to the bank, and ask for more money, rather than reneging on a (loyal) sponsorship deal; if everything agreed upon was not achievable due to finances.

And that's down to integrity, something which - ironically - the source of the Mobil sponsorship (Brock) readily advocated for.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3932065)   #78
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
WAU picked up winning, Winning Appliances, https://www.winningappliances.com.au...us#our-history

Great name for a race sponsor - trust WAU do them proud.

Didnt believe the Mobil sponsorship was anything more than show.
Back in the day... Mobil has OEM supply on HSV Commodores amd other vehicles in their range. The Holden factories had a similar deal for their uses in particular products. So it was a true B2B arrangement, similar to the Mobil1/Mercedes arrangement at McLaren all those years ago.

Time moves on. HSV isn’t as it once was, nor is Holden. And what may have been a whole of business partnership seems to have transformed into a car branding opportunity.

Perhaps the copywriter’s inelegance in declaring a ‘major sponsor’ as opposed to ‘major branding partner’ should be clarified also.

Great to see a new brand in the sport.. absolutely.. yet let’s not make it out to be more than it seems to be.

Are there any Winning Appliances stores in the US or Europe?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 5 Oct 2019, 18:20 (Ref:3932104)   #79
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Can imagine how overjoyed, as a "naming rights sponsor" - with a 'proud' 20+ year history etc etc; they'd be to see their logo at the lower bottom of the rear bumper.
AFAIK it was mentioned that Mobil now have the bonnet as well as the lower rear quarter panel. Pics released of the Appliances livery have been too side on to show the bonnet so am happy to be corrected if wrong re the bonnet.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3932114)   #80
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Have Ford won yet?....
Old 5 Oct 2019, 23:05 (Ref:3932150)   #81
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A week out and it just feels wrong. Where is the hype?

I feel not having Sandown is the biggest mistake.
Old 5 Oct 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3932164)   #82
mite5255
Racer

Australia
Caboolture Queensland
mite5255 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

agreed
Old 6 Oct 2019, 00:56 (Ref:3932172)   #83
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Why would there be any hype? I was finally looking forward to watching this race again but with all the allowances handed to the commodores it looks like supercars have handed another win to holden..........so what's the point in watching?
Old 6 Oct 2019, 02:02 (Ref:3932188)   #84
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Why would there be any hype? I was finally looking forward to watching this race again but with all the allowances handed to the commodores it looks like supercars have handed another win to holden..........so what's the point in watching?
There is hope, in that there are still plenty of variables which can occur over the duration of the race.

As long as they don't also manipulate the "Safety car" for Holden's benefit, it might still prove to be a fair, open contest.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 02:53 (Ref:3932191)   #85
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I agree. I'd love to know comparable ticket sale numbers, it feels like hardly anyone is talking about the race. Maybe once we clear the footy codes this afternoon it'll ramp up?
Old 6 Oct 2019, 02:54 (Ref:3932192)   #86
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nissan for the win.. all the ads on #10 keep taking about ‘King of the Mountain’ so it would be fun if #78 had a ticket to the last hour, and did the job..
Old 6 Oct 2019, 03:12 (Ref:3932193)   #87
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nissan couldnt win if it was only Nissans in the race.

97, 9, 888 trifecta for mine.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 03:32 (Ref:3932197)   #88
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Go play croquet then?

Incase you hadn't noticed, Scotty could wrap up the title and basically take the last 2 rounds off.

Also the Kelly's just got more changes even since Puke so that makes life interesting.

Regardless, it's Bathurst and the form guide goes out the window.

I'm sure Glenn Seton and Marcos Ambrose also looked at point unbeatable at Bathurst but neither of them have held the trophy aloft.

Will the Mustang be reliable, and how will it wear its tyres?

Can the Mustangs stay out of trouble? Tickford cars have been in a lot of incidents they probably shouldn't have this year, many involving other Mustangs.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 03:44 (Ref:3932200)   #89
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Go play croquet then?

Incase you hadn't noticed, Scotty could wrap up the title and basically take the last 2 rounds off.

Also the Kelly's just got more changes even since Puke so that makes life interesting.

Regardless, it's Bathurst and the form guide goes out the window.

I'm sure Glenn Seton and Marcos Ambrose also looked at point unbeatable at Bathurst but neither of them have held the trophy aloft.

Will the Mustang be reliable, and how will it wear its tyres?

Can the Mustangs stay out of trouble? Tickford cars have been in a lot of incidents they probably shouldn't have this year, many involving other Mustangs.
Wake up to yourself, holden have been playing games for decades with supercars in their back pocket, there's an article in the telegraph today with giz claiming the Ford teams will be sandbagging in practice, whats he's doing is trying to stop any reversal of parity if the holden teams dominate,
Old 6 Oct 2019, 04:15 (Ref:3932202)   #90
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to AA, other Holden teams are not happy with 888, claiming they have unfair knowledge of the new Aero package they have.

888 also said after the test day they had, that they were unsure of what the new Aero would be like at Bathurst.
one hellava life
Old 6 Oct 2019, 04:40 (Ref:3932204)   #91
Mixer
Veteran

What an utter load of tripe.

888 has homologated and sold cars from FG, VE, VF AND ZB.

How did they not have superior knowledge of all those other cars?

Penske and Ford did all the work on the Mustang, so they must have superior inside knowledge over Tickford surely?

Just absurd rabble rousing. I bet nobody is quoted, but I am not going to buy it to find out.

Foges can gripe all he likes, the rag is called Auto Fiction for a reason.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 04:52 (Ref:3932205)   #92
bloggs
Racer

Australia
Goldcoast
bloggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correct. Nobody was Quoted.
one hellava life
Old 6 Oct 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3932207)   #93
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wake up to yourself, holden have been playing games for decades with supercars in their back pocket, there's an article in the telegraph today with giz claiming the Ford teams will be sandbagging in practice, whats he's doing is trying to stop any reversal of parity if the holden teams dominate,
Nobody cares about the soap opera sideshow here.

Punters only drag this crap out, when they're looking for someone or something to blame, when their hero doesn't win. It's just sport. Someone has to win, and the rest don't.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 06:23 (Ref:3932211)   #94
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At work last week I had to explain on at least three occasions that Bathurst wasn't on this weekend. One colleague even got the whole TOCA / Supercar war explained to him because he didn't understand.

Even twenty years later the average Joe remains confused.

As to the hype, long gone are the days of colour lift-outs in newspapers, every TV channel sending their reporters to do colour stories and overseas drivers being interviewed on chat shows.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3932222)   #95
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Nobody cares about the soap opera sideshow here.

Punters only drag this crap out, when they're looking for someone or something to blame, when their hero doesn't win. It's just sport. Someone has to win, and the rest don't.
You're full of it, of course people care, you don't care because you're holden supporter and you got what you want.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 08:25 (Ref:3932224)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

I'm not biased towards either badge.
Old 6 Oct 2019, 09:05 (Ref:3932228)   #97
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

SP Tools #35-mobile

Old 6 Oct 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3932262)   #98
Mixer
Veteran

That looks sick. The 888 retro look too. Both should look great on TV
Old 6 Oct 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3932266)   #99
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
T8 accused of sandbagging.

https://autoaction.com.au/2019/10/06...-aero-conflict
Old 6 Oct 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3932315)   #100
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not a good look when it's your own customers making the allegations.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk