Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 Feb 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3714145)   #22
mak1957
Rookie

United States
mak1957 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart View Post
So sounds clear to me that you have an F2 or F/Atlantic tub and from what I know (I am not an expert) they are identical so you could build it up as either.
As the chassis tag is missing then you will have to put on your dearstalker hat to work out what car it was originally.

The only fly in the ointment is that I suspect that the costs of all the parts (if you bought new) would be almost certainly more than the car would be worth - unless you have a FT gearbox/F2/Atlantic engine lying around.

There was a chap in Italy (he spoke to us at the Superprix) with about 1 1/2 BT38s for sale - one damaged chassis, one undamaged and lots of uprights, wishbones etc etc - don't have any contact details but I seem to remember he did advertise the lot of RCD a few years ago - might be worth speaking to RCD if they could put you in contact - I think he wanted £15k - £20k ish for the lot (no engine or gearbox)

Love to know what your plans for the chassis are

Hello,
Do you remember any details about the two chassis and parts. Perhaps you noted the chassis numbers down. I recently bought two chassis from Europe and I am trying to identify the chassis number of one of them as it has no tags. Any information can be helpful.
Thank you,

Maurice