Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 2003, 03:27 (Ref:596552)   #26
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are we talking about Daniel Clarke or David Coulthard
Old 13 May 2003, 20:41 (Ref:598298)   #27
garagegirl
Racer

garagegirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by medler
Having met Dan Clarke's a few times recently I think he comes across as a not bad bloke, but his PR is a problem.
i would def agree there, dan is a really nice bloke, i suppose thats why i dont see the point in all this, lol
Old 13 May 2003, 21:25 (Ref:598336)   #28
GM Man
Racer

GM Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha...well it turnes out Dan has managed to make quite a few enemies already, even in his own team (after the Brands crash). Him and Sander in the Ray had a coming together at Silverstone today. Obviously Dan had braketested Sander halfway down the back straight and had himself and Sander off!
I have never had any probs with him myself, he seems a likeable fella.
Old 15 May 2003, 00:41 (Ref:599242)   #29
Murray Talker
Rookie

Murray Talker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dear All

I've met Dan myself many times and he strikes me as one of the most articulate well grounded drivers i've met

The Brands TV re run showed clearly that Walker moved over on Dan Clarke and started the shunt.

Although Dan must have had specific problems in qualifying his race times showed that he was one of the fastest and bravest of the day - if he'd had more luck through Paddock in the 2nd race he'd have been a contender.

It's clear to me having seen many great racers over many decades that Dan is a racer - he's not interested in points seemingly at the moment (possibly a lesson that needs learning) - he wants to win. Lets not gripe about an obvious talent. Help him, encourage him. Dan is a racer in the true spirit of the word - a little raw at the moment - but a ballsy Brit with charisma. Love him or hate him you have to acknowledge that he's exciting to watch.
Old 16 May 2003, 08:08 (Ref:600630)   #30
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
People who have just done one post supporting another person are always another poster/that person 'in disguise.'

It's so *** obviously Mr Clarke/Talker/Mr Clarke's dad or friend!

Exciting to watch my arse! Exciting to watch crash (frequently) perhaps... Remember that spoilt brat crash at Combe last year...

PR and bragging may go after results - not (years) before them!
Old 16 May 2003, 09:28 (Ref:600683)   #31
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

ferrari 126ck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JR Ewing
People who have just done one post supporting another person are always another poster/that person 'in disguise.'

It's so *** obviously Mr Clarke/Talker/Mr Clarke's dad or friend!

Exciting to watch my arse! Exciting to watch crash (frequently) perhaps... Remember that spoilt brat crash at Combe last year...

PR and bragging may go after results - not (years) before them!
JR Ewing spot on mate
I recognise the style! It happens frequently with support for dan clarke :laugh
Old 16 May 2003, 09:36 (Ref:600689)   #32
Murray Talker
Rookie

Mr JR Ewing

I don't know who you are but you are so wrong.

Why do you choose to be so negative?

Whether it's Dan or many of the other talented drivers around - Mr Clucas for example. Please let the young run wild and free, make mistakes, bragg about conquests, do the things that us oldies are too tired to try. Take the risks that only the young are prepared to do BUT please encourage.

Leave chaps like Dan, Ben, Lewis Hamilton, Jamie Green etc. to learn their crafts and become better drivers for it.

I'm not a relative, not his girlfriend and I don't know Dan any better than I know Bernie Ecclestone but I've spoken to them both many times and that I think allows me an opinion when the time calls.

I've read the ten tenths site over the past few months BUT I didn't feel it was relevant for me to comment until I read some of the negative comments about Dan Clarke.

Regards

MT
Old 16 May 2003, 09:54 (Ref:600715)   #33
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Murray Talker
Dear All

I've met Dan myself many times and he strikes me as one of the most articulate well grounded drivers i've met

The Brands TV re run showed clearly that Walker moved over on Dan Clarke and started the shunt.

Although Dan must have had specific problems in qualifying his race times showed that he was one of the fastest and bravest of the day - if he'd had more luck through Paddock in the 2nd race he'd have been a contender.

It's clear to me having seen many great racers over many decades that Dan is a racer - he's not interested in points seemingly at the moment (possibly a lesson that needs learning) - he wants to win. Lets not gripe about an obvious talent. Help him, encourage him. Dan is a racer in the true spirit of the word - a little raw at the moment - but a ballsy Brit with charisma. Love him or hate him you have to acknowledge that he's exciting to watch.
He may be a racer, but one without a brain and a grasp of 'the bigger picture' Its happened before - qualifies down the field, tries to make it up in the first corner and ends up going off and ruining others races too. Was the same at Coombe. Consistency is rewarded, Clarke is not consistent. If he is front row on the grid, he can keep his nerve and focus on winning, eg thruxton lastyr. when he is further down the grid he gets lost in trying to make up places and seems to 'overdo' it. He's been lucky in the past and when he is overtaking he is admittedly great to watch. But, Well grounded? you got to be kidding right? And he seems to have a different 'specific problem' in each qualifying session! It would be nice to see a result and some consistency and then you have every excuse to release the BS press releases Looks like the jury is out, and will be soon to judge should he fail to impress this year
Old 16 May 2003, 10:28 (Ref:600755)   #34
JR Ewing
Veteran

What conquests are those he's bragging about then? Oh, right those he's scheduled for the years 2004-7!

I'm not anti-Daniel Clarke - it's just that his PR is so gut wrenchingly sickening - and total pooh as well. If he let his driving do the talking I suspect he would get a lot more respect as he did have some good results last year...

Last edited by JR Ewing; 16 May 2003 at 10:34.
Old 16 May 2003, 13:52 (Ref:600983)   #35
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with JR
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 16 May 2003, 14:27 (Ref:601027)   #36
Russfeld
Veteran

In an ideal world good results generate their own PR
Old 16 May 2003, 16:06 (Ref:601145)   #37
JR Ewing
Veteran

Quote:
Clucas for example. ...... Leave chaps like Dan, Ben, Lewis Hamilton, Jamie Green etc.
I'll give you this Clarkey - associating your name with these quality up and coming drivers is smart - hoping you can get carried along in the crowd?
Old 16 May 2003, 16:35 (Ref:601173)   #38
racingdick
Veteran

racingdick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but there's getting pr and overexagerating. But Bull**** baffles brains....

I personally back Dan, and hope him the best.
Old 16 May 2003, 16:43 (Ref:601185)   #39
Mr Jinxx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Isle of Man
Mr Jinxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marvellously, I DO live in an ideal world.

Well I would do, ideally.
Sit in a chair, lift your right leg off the ground, point your toes forward and draw CLOCKWISE circles in the air with your foot. Then raise your right hand and draw the number 6 in the air with your index finger. Your foot will change direction. If you can't even do this simple coordination task, how could you drive a racing car?
Old 16 May 2003, 16:46 (Ref:601187)   #40
JR Ewing
Veteran

Have either of you chaps seen anyone having a go at Messrs Clucas, Green, or Hamilton?

No, thought not.

I hope him the best too???
Old 16 May 2003, 20:43 (Ref:601343)   #41
garagegirl
Racer

Quote:
same here, i hope other ppls do too
Old 17 May 2003, 08:21 (Ref:601621)   #42
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

Quote:
Have either of you chaps seen anyone having a go at Messrs Clucas, Green, or Hamilton?

No, thought not.

We know Hamilton's careers is guided by Ron Dennis and Whitmarsh, so Im guessing they probably know a thing or to about PR. We don't ever see any BS PR re Hamilton do we?

I think everyone must hope dan does well??? they be a bit sick if they didnt.

Its ok without the PR Contradicting his performances!

Old 17 May 2003, 14:21 (Ref:601779)   #43
Russfeld
Veteran

Doesnt Lewis waddle around the paddock with a Mclaren PR girl?
Old 17 May 2003, 16:38 (Ref:601854)   #44
Murray Talker
Rookie

Good to see a few more positive vibes for Dan.

Lets hope all the talented young Brits do well this year and that they are in cars and teams that will help them on their way.

After the lack lustre performances so far this weekend in Austria both on the track , behind the microphone and on camera we need some exciting / controversial new British drivers.

Results are important obviously but surely we want exciting, ballsy drivers who call a spade a spade and drive at ten-tenths.

I'm not convinced that first of all Justin, Ralph, Jenson or even Mr Coulthard have got what it takes OUT of the car. F1 needs opinions and passion. Who's now got that in F1 and who in the future can give us the Mansell touch once again. Give me bull**** PR anyday over boring, predictable motor babble. It definately stimulates debate and is also entertaining.

Regards

MT
Old 17 May 2003, 16:45 (Ref:601860)   #45
hysen
Racer

hysen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm not convinced that first of all Justin, Ralph, Jenson or even Mr Coulthard have got what it takes OUT of the car. F1 needs opinions and passion. Who's now got that in F1 and who in the future can give us the Mansell touch once again. Give me bull**** PR anyday over boring, predictable motor babble. It definately stimulates debate and is also entertaining.
Are you saying Dan has got what it takes out of the car? He must have changed alot since his karting days then. From the outside he always gave out the air of someone that was either very shy or extremely arrogant - i couldnt work out which??!!

But then i didnt know him very well and i guess he was different amongst those close to him.

Last edited by hysen; 17 May 2003 at 16:53.
Old 17 May 2003, 16:47 (Ref:601862)   #46
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

one vote for arrogant here!
Old 17 May 2003, 16:51 (Ref:601866)   #47
Murray Talker
Rookie

Oh dear!

I was actually trying to create a little debate about the state of affairs with the Brits in Austria rather than harp on about Dan.

MT
Old 17 May 2003, 16:54 (Ref:601868)   #48
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

Again, theres a difference between BS PR and PR 'plumping up' the truth!
Most of Clarkes PR is not even true to his performances. If its got an element of reality it works much better.
Old 17 May 2003, 16:58 (Ref:601871)   #49
ferrari 126ck
Rookie

You can debate about the brits in Austria on the F1 forums This is a thread about Dan Clarke is it not? Truth is, theres only one or two brits I would even consider have what it takes to go all the way to the top of the racing ladder, and it does not include Dan Clarke. When people are talking about up and coming talent I am yet to hear the name Clarke.
Old 17 May 2003, 21:33 (Ref:602117)   #50
garagegirl
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by ferrari 126ck
You can debate about the brits in Austria on the F1 forums This is a thread about Dan Clarke is it not? Truth is, theres only one or two brits I would even consider have what it takes to go all the way to the top of the racing ladder, and it does not include Dan Clarke. When people are talking about up and coming talent I am yet to hear the name Clarke.
is that not all the more reason to give him a chance? it sounds like ppl expect him to prove himself, and then complain when he doesn't. I've always been taught that no one has to prove or justify themselves or their abilities to anyone, just cos he isn't on hat list yet, doesn't mean he's never gonna be!!
Closed Thread