Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:21 (Ref:3444178)   #626
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagVanisher View Post
Yeah, agreed to that!

Oh yeah, and make F1 cars control remotely instead of risking their lives!
CGI the cars and drivers as well.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:38 (Ref:3444186)   #627
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Bernie has been working on this idea for a while. And now, I can exclusively bring you a sneak preview of the finished product:-

Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3444187)   #628
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
That's the famous mount Fuji circuit, incase your eyesight is not brilliant.
Old 14 Aug 2014, 09:58 (Ref:3444191)   #629
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
The phrase "Prepare to Qualify" and very electronic plinky-plonky music, but it'll make a change from "The Chain"...
Old 18 Aug 2014, 05:11 (Ref:3444905)   #630
JacobP
Racer

JacobP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To balance the political controversy involving Sochi GP, Bernie should take F1 to Kiev.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 09:56 (Ref:3444968)   #631
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 2020 Formula 1 character:

Australian GP (Albert Park)
Malaysian GP (Sepang)
Chinese GP (Shanghai)
Bahrain GP (Sakhir)
Qatar GP (no idea)
Spain GP (Barcelona with 50% more run-off!)
Monaco GP (Monte Carlo streets, with a few houses flattened for more run-off)
Canadian GP (Montreal, but with more run-off and sprinklers)
Hungarian GP (Hungaroring with a statue of Bernie handing out loads of money in the direction of Berlin on top of the pit complex)
Azerbaijan GP (Baku streets)
Ukraine GP (Streets of Kiev, conveniently flattened by militants for ready-made run-off)
Russia GP (Sochi)
Iran GP (Around an oil rig thing)
Singapore GP (Streets, with more fireworks and sprinklers in sector 3)
Thailand GP (Around the parliament building)
Japan GP (Suzuka, but Tilkefied with more run-off and no smooth turns)
USA GP (Austin with even more astroturf)
Venezuala GP (Caracas streets)
Mexico GP (Hermanos Rodriguez with 8 more chicanes)
Abu Dhabi GP (Yas Marina with another Bernie statue, but one where the cars go under him)

Sound accurate? Or just a bit cynical?
Old 18 Aug 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3444971)   #632
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have expected Monacoto be the only European GP left!
Old 28 Aug 2014, 09:39 (Ref:3448450)   #633
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bernie's talking about a possible Greek (Mediteranian) GP. Everything about it sounds very vague. I assume this is a tactic to get more money from the Italians.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28774.html

I note the store was reported by one the regular journalist's who report stuff from Bernie.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3448505)   #634
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
Bernie's talking about a possible Greek (Mediteranian) GP. Everything about it sounds very vague. I assume this is a tactic to get more money from the Italians.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28774.html

I note the store was reported by one the regular journalist's who report stuff from Bernie.
I liked this bit from the article, "They want me to go and see the prime minister or the mayor. We will have to find out if they have got any money."
Old 28 Aug 2014, 23:04 (Ref:3448671)   #635
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I liked this bit from the article, "They want me to go and see the prime minister or the mayor. We will have to find out if they have got any money."
In order to stop people wasting his time, I wonder what Bernie charges for a first contact meeting?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 23:21 (Ref:3448674)   #636
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
In order to stop people wasting his time, I wonder what Bernie charges for a first contact meeting?
What's the 'average' price for the sanction fee?
Old 28 Aug 2014, 23:59 (Ref:3448682)   #637
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
What's the 'average' price for the sanction fee?
Only Bernie and the sucker paying it know, Commercial in Confidence!

Wonder if there would be a "finders commission" for the mayor if its successful?
Old 29 Aug 2014, 01:44 (Ref:3448704)   #638
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
About 60 million now I think.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3449462)   #639
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
This was interesting:

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns28674.html

"However, the outside of the entire corner has now been covered in tarmac, a move which has already caused uproar amongst drivers.

"So the Monza Parabolica now has Tarmac run off on the outside - another great corner that will lose it's challenge," tweeted Karun Chandhok.

"Parabolica will never be the same corner again," added Jerome d'Ambrosio."

Speaking for myself having high sided motorcycles and landed in a nicely prepared gravel trap and a nice bit of tar mac,
I would personally take the gravel every time! Have the plates to prove it too!
Probably a tactic to make all the classic tracks look as bland as the new ones in the hope that we won't notice.

I hate tarmac run off with a passion. Another classic corner ruined.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 12:15 (Ref:3449464)   #640
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Probably a tactic to make all the classic tracks look as bland as the new ones in the hope that we won't notice.

I hate tarmac run off with a passion. Another classic corner ruined.
According to this Autosport article, Charlie Whiting says F1 drivers wanted the change made.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115653
Old 1 Sep 2014, 12:36 (Ref:3449470)   #641
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
According to this Autosport article, Charlie Whiting says F1 drivers wanted the change made.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115653
I really doubt it, sorry Charlie! Try again!

"Parabolica is a very challenging and quick corner so from a safety point of view it is a good thing to have some more margin for the drivers," he said.

That is the whole point RoGro! The gravel was not dangerous, just punished the hamfisted!
Old 1 Sep 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3449493)   #642
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I really doubt it, sorry Charlie! Try again!

"Parabolica is a very challenging and quick corner so from a safety point of view it is a good thing to have some more margin for the drivers," he said.

That is the whole point RoGro! The gravel was not dangerous, just punished the hamfisted!
Its the continuous erosion of all the traditional elements of what makes racing great.

I'm not sure I believe Charlie when he said it was the drivers who asked for it. At least 3 drivers have publicly stated derision for the change. If in actual fact it was the drivers that asked for it to be changed, then shame on them for not wanting the challenge of a classic corner.

Also what is often overlooked is that this change is now forever, it won't go back, and it affects every racing series which uses Monza as a venue. So I find it somewhat offensive that one racing series which uses the venue for one weekend of the year has that much sway in decisions such as track layout.

My personal theory is that its just another change which Bernie has asked for so that safety cars are not used and everything keeps on time schedule-wise.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3449532)   #643
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The only reason I can think of why RoGro wants the tarmac is that the Lotus is so unstable that if he pushes he knows he's likely to go off, the runoff means he can push without being scared of beaching his car. I doubt you'll hear anyone from the top teams complaining.

In other news, Sochi have decided to name a grandstand after Kvyat, you know, because of his unbelievable years of success in Formul... oh wait... he's literally done nothing....
Old 1 Sep 2014, 17:50 (Ref:3449542)   #644
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My personal theory is that its just another change which Bernie has asked for so that safety cars are not used and everything keeps on time schedule-wise.
But that doesn't stack up either because it's always the shortest GP. Last year's race was more than 40 minutes quicker than the 2 hour max
Old 1 Sep 2014, 18:32 (Ref:3449553)   #645
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its the continuous erosion of all the traditional elements of what makes racing great.

I'm not sure I believe Charlie when he said it was the drivers who asked for it. At least 3 drivers have publicly stated derision for the change. If in actual fact it was the drivers that asked for it to be changed, then shame on them for not wanting the challenge of a classic corner.

Also what is often overlooked is that this change is now forever, it won't go back, and it affects every racing series which uses Monza as a venue. So I find it somewhat offensive that one racing series which uses the venue for one weekend of the year has that much sway in decisions such as track layout.

I also strongly dislike tarmac runoff, especially the current fashion of putting it everywhere, also in places where it doesn't significantly, or at all, increase safety (Sao Paulo first corner for example).

I disagree however with the statement that the change is forever. Track design has always been evolving since the existance of motorsport. At first, no specific barriers or runoff existed, leaving both drivers and spectators unprotected in case of an accident. Later, the space between the track and the wall was mainly grass. Then fences were introduced to slow cars down before hitting the wall, but were quickly removed after a driver was knocked unconscious by a pole of the fence. Gravel traps then took over the task of slowing cars down, until they were replaced by tarmac runoff. I'm not convinced that tarmac runoff is the final solution. Cars spinning off in the wet aren't slowed down enough, and we see more and more cases of drivers carelessly rejoining the track.

In case of Parabolica, I think it is because tarmac runoff is considered modern, while Monza recently has been criticized for being outdated.
Old 2 Sep 2014, 01:31 (Ref:3449624)   #646
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Greek is bankrupt, they can't pay Bernie's fee.
Old 5 Sep 2014, 14:18 (Ref:3450549)   #647
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
leave it to the very funny people at sniff petrol to help me see the error of my ways.

got to love humour!

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/09/05/mo...isappointment/
Old 5 Sep 2014, 14:36 (Ref:3450553)   #648
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
leave it to the very funny people at sniff petrol to help me see the error of my ways.

got to love humour!

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/09/05/mo...isappointment/
Love it Chilli!

Great analogy.

Plus

‘I just don’t understand it,’ our man reflected. ‘It’s almost as if the people in charge of Formula 1 haven’t got a sodding clue what makes a sport interesting.’

It would be funny if it wasn't so tragically accurate!
Old 5 Sep 2014, 16:29 (Ref:3450567)   #649
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is so accurate it's both incredibly funny and hugely depressing at the same time...
Old 7 Sep 2014, 14:32 (Ref:3451032)   #650
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Regarding future GPs, here's next year's provisional calendar.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115752

March 15 - Australia (Melbourne)
March 29 - Malaysia (Sepang)
April 5 - Bahrain (Sakhir)
April 19 - China (Shanghai)
May 10 - Spain (Barcelona)
May 24 - Monaco (Monte Carlo)
June 7 - Canada (Montreal)
June 21 - Austria (Red Bull Ring)
July 5 - Britain (Silverstone)
July 19 - Germany (Nurburgring)
July 26 - Hungary (Budapest)
August 23 - Belgium (Spa-Francorchamps)
September 6 - Italy (Monza)
September 20 - Singapore (Singapore)
September 27 or October 4 - Japan (Suzuka)
October 11 - Russia (Sochi)
October 25 - Mexico (Mexico City)
November 1 - United States (Austin)
November 15 - Brazil (Interlagos)
November 22 or November 29 - Abu Dhabi (Yas Marina)