Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Mar 2019, 11:06 (Ref:3892694)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wanna Buy A Share In A Race Team?

AA reports this week that Tickford Racing is looking to source a replacement co-owner, with Mr French said to be looking to exit his shareholding.

The story direct quotes Mr Nash, so unlikely to be a stalking horse story.. maybe..

Options outlined appear to include a full sale or part sale to the existing ownership/management group, or others..

Article also directly references allegations that Tickford Racing is/was/may have been struggling with commercial sponsorship levels.

Presumably the rumoured level of annual top up of the operating budget for the racing operation might form a part of the challenge in investigating possibly taking up an equity position in that team

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Mar 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3892810)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Chaz/Supercheap departure will hit hard then...
Old 22 Mar 2019, 21:40 (Ref:3892832)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting article in AA, cashflow issues?

Now is your chance to shine as a team owner GTR Magic, just drop them dollars on the desk in front of the directors and you are in!

Flies, floats, is female- rent it.

Tits or tyres it will end in tears.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 23:20 (Ref:3892845)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps Mr Adderton should have stuck around?
Old 22 Mar 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3892847)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You can imagine Mr Adderton or Mr Gomersall perhaps seeing an opportunity here.

Each comes with corporate largesse, and a pilot, to drop into one of the already-branded cars

Indeed Mr Gomersall already has a share in a team of people that could easily slit into the operating structure of the squad...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 23 Mar 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3892851)   #6
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Article also directly references allegations that Tickford Racing is/was/may have been struggling with commercial sponsorship levels.
You know maybe running around a couple of years ago undercutting other teams sponsorship deals wasn't the best idea....
Old 23 Mar 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3892858)   #7
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You know maybe running around a couple of years ago undercutting other teams sponsorship deals wasn't the best idea....

Are you referring to HRT again?
Old 23 Mar 2019, 00:58 (Ref:3892859)   #8
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
Are you referring to HRT again?
HRT never undercut anybody.

FPR/PRA however did it again and again.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:01 (Ref:3892860)   #9
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Imagine the looks on the faces when Mr Adderton and Richie walk in.

Perhaps Adderton and Gomersall could combine and provide funding to make the already fast Mustangs fly!!
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:25 (Ref:3892864)   #10
M91
Rookie

M91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridM91 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If my numbers come up in the $70M ozlotto, I'll give them a call...
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3892865)   #11
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
HRT never undercut anybody.

FPR/PRA however did it again and again.

Now the chickens have come home to roost.

HRT offered Dodo a sponsorship deal for 1/3 of the cost they were providing to Tasman. And that's just one example.

It's always interesting to see where precedents are set.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:45 (Ref:3892866)   #12
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M91 View Post
If my numbers come up in the $70M ozlotto, I'll give them a call...
Only way to make a small fortune in motorsport is start with a big one!
Old 23 Mar 2019, 03:13 (Ref:3892874)   #13
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Only way to make a small fortune in motorsport is start with a big one!
As Wayne Gardner used to say......never use your own money to go racing or words to that effect.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3892911)   #14
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
HRT offered Dodo a sponsorship deal for 1/3 of the cost they were providing to Tasman And that's just one example.

It's always interesting to see where precedents are set.
I think you need to do some work on your reading comprehension:

Quote:
If you talk about relative budgets, apparently the input into HRT's coffers from the ISP was around 1/3 of the required funding for a single car main series team.... which gives you a shedload more signage space than a side of a front spoiler....
Dodo were only paying 1/3 of what it cost to run a main game car, which might go some way to explaining by both Team Dynamik and Tasman were relatively nowhere.

You could also make a serious argument that if you're going to spend that much money, lets call it $600k/year in 2006 terms, that you could get a lot more bang for your buck ending up on the bumper and guards of a HRT car, as you could getting a full car out of a basketcase team that's underselling the value of it.

Let's also not forget that Dodo were with Team Dynamik in 2004, Tasman in 2005, so they had form for moving, and going to HRT from either one of those is a serious upgrade.

Tasman in 2006 also had the Firepower money which I'd imagine was quite a bit more than the Dodo money...

So we're back to the point, HRT never undersold a sponsorship. FPR/PRA did it over and over again. Notably with Trading Post.

Monster is really the only genuine sponsor PRA has ever developed and leveraged, every other one has been handed to them (Dunlop, Castrol, Orrcon, Caterpillar) or pinched (Trading Post, Pepsi, Bottle-O). Supercheap I will leave off that list, as they have moved around a lot, but they have stayed with PRA so I wonder if the price is good.

I guess you have to give them MEGA and Rabble.Club?
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:44 (Ref:3892919)   #15
Forda
Veteran

That's a lot of waffle to try and make HRT look like they have never undercut a sponsorship deal; which they of course have.

The whole initial history of HRT was based on sponsorship woes, from skipping ATCC races, to hiring Gardiner for the sole purpose of trying to gain more sponsorship, as well as recruiting Brock for his Mobil deal.

It's strange that you constantly go out of your way to try and put FPR/TR down on sponsorship issues, when there's a whole lot worse that's been going on for a whole lot longer.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3892920)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
The whole initial history of HRT was based on sponsorship woes, from skipping ATCC races, to hiring Gardiner for the sole purpose of trying to gain more sponsorship, as well as recruiting Brock for his Mobil deal.
That my friend is a red herring. Not that it is relevant to the purposes of this argument, but HRT was a very well funded team with amazing sponsorship longevity for more than 20 years, and is well acknowledged in the industry for the way they developed the way you can relate to and market your sponsors more than just stickers on a car - something the Kelly's now do to great effect (and they have brought many sponsors into the sport).

Quote:
It's strange that you constantly go out of your way to try and put FPR/TR down on sponsorship issues, when there's a whole lot worse that's been going on for a whole lot longer.
I note with interest you can't argue with the specific points I've made, because basically everybody else knows they are true and you are in denial.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3892923)   #17
Forda
Veteran

Quote:
I note with interest you can't argue with the specific points I've made, because basically everybody else knows they are true and you are in denial.
You're "points" were waffle, which "everybody" can see through.

Maybe you should take a break from commenting on TR matters - you don't have anything much to add in addition to your recurring opinion on their sponsorship arrangements.
Old 24 Mar 2019, 13:02 (Ref:3893052)   #18
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
As Wayne Gardner used to say......never use your own money to go racing or words to that effect.
And everyone here called him dumb.
A very clever man imho
Old 24 Mar 2019, 13:06 (Ref:3893055)   #19
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phil Munday Racing ??????

PMR