Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Aug 2018, 11:58 (Ref:3842068)   #126
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Typical Brian and NASCAR. Trying to take all the headlines away from Chase.

Pretty cool the Dawsonville drivers BOTH getting their first on the road course. It's in their blood!!

I hear Bill is going to try the Xfinity (or whatever) race at Road America....
Old 7 Aug 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3842132)   #127
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Brain France taking a leave of absence.

Chase Elliott won on Sunday
Old 7 Aug 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3842136)   #128
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Brendan Marks, writing in the Charlotte Observer:

Quote:
But while [Brian] France seeks help in his personal life, his peers must do the same professionally. France has long been a liability as NASCAR’s head honcho — he has made cars safer than ever before and instituted a playoff format, yes, but he’s also watched as his sport crumbles and disappears from the public consciousness.

Don’t mince words: NASCAR has been a wreck under France. Now, if there’s any hope of saving the spare parts, it must be with someone else behind the wheel.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3842201)   #129
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I read this too; he's 62 years old now if I remember correctly what I read! Is this a record in NASCAR? Be good to see the old boy behind the wheel, show the youngsters a few things!
Old 7 Aug 2018, 22:39 (Ref:3842211)   #130
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I read this too; he's 62 years old now if I remember correctly what I read! Is this a record in NASCAR? Be good to see the old boy behind the wheel, show the youngsters a few things!
Not quite...Morgan Shepard still competes at 76!!

And a quick search shows Hershel McGriff is the oldest to drive a NASCAR sanctioned event at 90. Didn't know he was still alive!!!

But pretty Shepard has got to be the oldest to compete in the big 3.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 13:42 (Ref:3842317)   #131
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump names Brian France as NHTSA director.
Old 8 Aug 2018, 17:00 (Ref:3842371)   #132
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Not quite...Morgan Shepard still competes at 76!!

And a quick search shows Hershel McGriff is the oldest to drive a NASCAR sanctioned event at 90. Didn't know he was still alive!!!

But pretty Shepard has got to be the oldest to compete in the big 3.
Wow! Was pretty amazed by Bill running at 62, had no idea that some guys are still up for it and fit & healthy enough at the higher numbers. I guess some NASCAR drivers are made of good stuff. Oldest driver I could remember off the top of my head was Mario Andretti, think he was 55 when he hung up his helmet.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3842556)   #133
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Wow! Was pretty amazed by Bill running at 62, had no idea that some guys are still up for it and fit & healthy enough at the higher numbers. I guess some NASCAR drivers are made of good stuff. Oldest driver I could remember off the top of my head was Mario Andretti, think he was 55 when he hung up his helmet.
From McGriff's wiki page:

Quote:
He became the oldest driver to win a NASCAR feature race when he won an AutoZone West Series race in 1989 at the age of 61.
And I didn't realize he had 4 GN / Cup wins, all in 1954. The next year, he turned down a ride to be closer to home. The second choice for that ride? Tim Flock. Won 18 races and the championship in 55.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3842644)   #134
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ford introduced the new "Mustang" for NASCAR competition next year. Amazing the detail they get with stickers, almost looks like a Mustang instead of a Fusion with the Lisa Frank (or whatever the 'guy' version is) sticker kit.

Well stupid Tapatalk has stopped loading pictures but it's on Racer and I'm sure other sites
Old 10 Aug 2018, 03:11 (Ref:3842688)   #135
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Ford introduced the new "Mustang" for NASCAR competition next year. Amazing the detail they get with stickers, almost looks like a Mustang instead of a Fusion with the Lisa Frank (or whatever the 'guy' version is) sticker kit.

Well stupid Tapatalk has stopped loading pictures but it's on Racer and I'm sure other sites
I'd like to talk about Tim Flock, Hershel McGriff and this cool ass hat my brother gave me over sticker headlights...
Old 14 Aug 2018, 00:21 (Ref:3843505)   #136
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This story is great, little guys going big time with somebody's show car

https://jalopnik.com/how-a-decade-ol...-sh-1827444096
Old 14 Aug 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3843578)   #137
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
This story is great, little guys going big time with somebody's show car

https://jalopnik.com/how-a-decade-ol...-sh-1827444096
This sport needs a lot of fixing and one thing is getting some of these guys back in the sport. Thing is, they may be able to make more money going dirt track racing 90 times / year instead...

And welcome (or welcome back) to the NASCAR forum, guy!
Old 21 Aug 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3845097)   #138
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's not Cup but the second best race behind the trucks on the dirt at Eldora, the trucks around Mosport (sorry CTMP) this weekend in FS1.

Old 23 Aug 2018, 01:10 (Ref:3845478)   #139
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It's not Cup but the second best race behind the trucks on the dirt at Eldora, the trucks around Mosport (sorry CTMP) this weekend in FS1.

It's Mosport, brought to us by Hoser Tires. I'd like to watch it, but I didn't even get to the IMSA race at Mosport Life's a B sometimes.
Old 25 Aug 2018, 01:37 (Ref:3845903)   #140
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Bill Elliott gets his 'rookie stripe' at Road America in Xfinity Series - can't find out why:
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...finity-series/

And from another article:

Quote:
Bill Elliott has an easy answer to the question of why he is competing in an Xfinity Series race at 62 years old.

"Why not do it?" Elliott said.
Yessir
Old 26 Aug 2018, 00:39 (Ref:3846062)   #141
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Bill Elliott gets his 'rookie stripe' at Road America in Xfinity Series - can't find out why:
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...finity-series/

And from another article:

Yessir
Apparently it's Chase's part time car and he approached the owners to say why let him run and of course they said sure. Think they said it was the time away and reapplying for his license, no license means rookie. But for all NBC does for Indy and did for F1, they are TERRIBLE at whatever Busch is called this week. The fiance's response to watching was, is that why people like the Camaro now so I guess their stickers worked for her eyes. Was a good race with more than a few road course mistakes, there were a few turn in and late move spins but overall not bad.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 01:22 (Ref:3846071)   #142
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
And she called Indy cars spaceships this evening, between watching 4 Weddings on TLC so I call it a bit of a win for me
Old 27 Aug 2018, 02:03 (Ref:3846440)   #143
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The interview with Bill after the race was great, as usual:

"How was it out there today, Bill?"

Bill: " I feel like I hit everything but the lottery."

Gold!!
Old 27 Aug 2018, 02:06 (Ref:3846441)   #144
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And she called Indy cars spaceships this evening, between watching 4 Weddings on TLC so I call it a bit of a win for me
Oh man. That's losing in this house...

And it was a decent affair at Road America. Brendan Gaughn needs to have his license revoked, but that's nothing new..
Old 27 Aug 2018, 20:29 (Ref:3846600)   #145
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Oh man. That's losing in this house...

And it was a decent affair at Road America. Brendan Gaughn needs to have his license revoked, but that's nothing new..
Yeah, sadly that race wasn't one of his worst and in most series he'd have been parked years ago.
The truck race was a sh1tshow with moments of lucidity, sadly the last corner was not one of them and teammates committing the ultimate sin.
Old 30 Aug 2018, 22:45 (Ref:3847154)   #146
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Some want the Nashville Fairgrounds to host the Nascar All-Star Race.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 14:10 (Ref:3847247)   #147
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Some want the Nashville Fairgrounds to host the Nascar All-Star Race.
Now THAT would be awesome!

Here's a link to the article.
https://autoweek.com/article/nascar/...peedway-nascar
Place would be overflowing, but...
Old 31 Aug 2018, 14:19 (Ref:3847251)   #148
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
What's so special? Just because it's a half mile track?
Old 31 Aug 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3847274)   #149
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
What's so special? Just because it's a half mile track?
Nothing much but yes, it's a half mile track, that is something different and it WAS a long standing track from the yester years.

And it's Nashville.

NASCAR needs short tracks and just the discussion is promising.
Old 31 Aug 2018, 19:00 (Ref:3847292)   #150
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Also the Indianapolis Raceway Park wants to bring back Nascar, not sure if Xfinity and/or Trucks.