Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Jan 2003, 16:12 (Ref:478272)   #1
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
classic

sky sports3 showed the le mans classic this morning. i'm not on 10/10 at home so couldn't post till now. one of their max power/world of motorsports shows. just thought i'd mention it in case they repeat it again today.

bobby rahal and alain de cadanet appeared briefly.

but strangely no sign of fab...
Old 20 Jan 2003, 08:22 (Ref:479733)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being totally reliant on terrestrial, I guess I'm never going to see any of this.....
Old 20 Jan 2003, 08:47 (Ref:479739)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Being totally reliant on terrestrial, I guess I'm never going to see any of this.....
yes, but Ayse you where there, lucky thing................
Old 20 Jan 2003, 14:57 (Ref:480011)   #4
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, I just sent a Video CD (NTSC) of the Speed channel hour to fab. He should get it in a few days, and if he likes it, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

I'll happily send you one, too.

Last edited by paul-collins; 20 Jan 2003 at 14:57.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jan 2003, 17:00 (Ref:480136)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul, that would be absolutely marvellous - but will my UK video play NTSC (I don't know much about these things)?

And yes, you're right Rob - being there was fantastic - the more I've thought about it since, the more I have to admit that it was just as good as June!
Old 20 Jan 2003, 18:57 (Ref:480280)   #6
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, when you said "video," did you mean TV, or VCR? I've got this recorded on Video CD. It plays in a DVD player, or on a computer. If you wanted a tape, I'd have to capture it on video next time it plays (I used my computer as recorder for the VCD).

Many (most?) DVD players and TVs these days can handle PAL (as you'd have in UK) and NTSC. I know mine can. I could check if my software could put this in PAL format, if your DVD player can't handle it in NTSC... (never thought of doing that, and I probably should have for Fab - but he'd probably be on SECAM, just to confuse things...)

Last edited by paul-collins; 20 Jan 2003 at 18:59.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Jan 2003, 23:43 (Ref:480639)   #7
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Where can i find Pictures from the classic race?

There was nothing on German TV about the classic Race
Old 21 Jan 2003, 02:01 (Ref:480717)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Go to their official site:

http://www.lemansclassic.com/

-Bill James
Old 21 Jan 2003, 02:34 (Ref:480724)   #9
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
Go to their official site:

http://www.lemansclassic.com/
Maybe i am blind , but i cant find pictures of the race on their site...:confused:
Old 21 Jan 2003, 08:00 (Ref:480818)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Ayse, when you said "video," did you mean TV, or VCR? I've got this recorded on Video CD. It plays in a DVD player, or on a computer. If you wanted a tape, I'd have to capture it on video next time it plays (I used my computer as recorder for the VCD).

Many (most?) DVD players and TVs these days can handle PAL (as you'd have in UK) and NTSC. I know mine can. I could check if my software could put this in PAL format, if your DVD player can't handle it in NTSC... (never thought of doing that, and I probably should have for Fab - but he'd probably be on SECAM, just to confuse things...)
Sorry Paul, I was using the term in a very general sense I have a DVD player (2 if you count the one in my pc), so it should be OK. If you'd like to PM me or use my web-site e-mail, we can discuss. I will be very grateful for any footage of September's events.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 08:03 (Ref:480820)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Acid09
Maybe i am blind , but i cant find pictures of the race on their site...:confused:
For that matter, neither can I.

At the risk of blatant self-promotion Acid, I have a few on my own site. Just click my "house", go to "photoindex" and you will see the thumbnail links straight away.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 21 Jan 2003 at 08:03.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 13:22 (Ref:481034)   #12
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
For that matter, neither can I.

At the risk of blatant self-promotion Acid, I have a few on my own site. Just click my "house", go to "photoindex" and you will see the thumbnail links straight away.
Thank you , very nice pics.

Your Le Mans First Timers checklist is also very interesting and usefull
Old 21 Jan 2003, 14:22 (Ref:481084)   #13
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Ah, better to go through Le Mans' main site, click on 2002 site (at the top), then click on Le Mans Classic (again at the top). Or just go here:

http://www.lemans.org/course/aco2002...mclassic.shtml

-Bill James
Old 21 Jan 2003, 15:15 (Ref:481119)   #14
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Ayse, I just sent a Video CD (NTSC) of the Speed channel hour to fab. He should get it in a few days, and if he likes it, I'm sure we'll hear about it.

I'll happily send you one, too.
I intend to post today about some DVD, but, mainly I GOT YOURS !!! This noon... cannot wait, and jump on my PC...

I'll say

Well, Ayse, I'm going to post you a CD with some stuff, including Paul' SpeedChannel movies...

Just a regret : I didn't see the 917... and they don't show the group 5 enough at my taste... but some starts are definitely worst it !!! My favourite is, as last september, the group 4... how they enter the Dunlop chicane... ouch !

So : thank you Paul, hope you'll get your parcel soon as well !

I'll post elsewhere about two DVD I bought at LM (yes, Ayse, I was on the spot last thursday !) : 2002 race, and 70' anniversary movie.

Last edited by Fab; 21 Jan 2003 at 15:15.
Old 21 Jan 2003, 15:18 (Ref:481124)   #15
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
So, Fab, you're going to send him a copy of my Video CD? If you're already sending him stuff, that would make sense, of course.

I'm looking forward to your package - especially since Thierry whetted my whistle with the Classic edition of Le Mans Racing... (although I'm still struggling through the text!)

-Bill James
Old 21 Jan 2003, 16:24 (Ref:481199)   #16
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
So, Fab, you're going to send him a copy of my Video CD?
I will.

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your package - especially since Thierry whetted my whistle with the Classic edition of Le Mans Racing... (although I'm still struggling through the text!)
The Classic number is in the package... but I lost one with the 2001 Panoz cover (n° 4, I think)...
Old 21 Jan 2003, 21:45 (Ref:481648)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Fab, you are definitely a gent, there's no doubt about it. Well, whoever sends it, I will be very grateful indeed. Thanks for the comments by the way Acid. I feel a significant update coming on for my web site, sooner rather than later.....
Old 21 Jan 2003, 21:48 (Ref:481655)   #18
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for the comments by the way Acid. I feel a significant update coming on for my web site, sooner rather than later.....
Is that when u can drag yourself away from GPL
Old 21 Jan 2003, 21:50 (Ref:481659)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Its a real problem at the moment, Rob! I am getting very sad indeed. My missus is babysitting tomorrow evening, and is going to be home very late. I reckon that gives me at least 5-6 hours on VROC tomorrow night.........
Old 21 Jan 2003, 21:55 (Ref:481671)   #20
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Its a real problem at the moment, Rob! I am getting very sad indeed. My missus is babysitting tomorrow evening, and is going to be home very late. I reckon that gives me at least 5-6 hours on VROC tomorrow night.........
Cool see u then
Old 22 Jan 2003, 16:41 (Ref:482563)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Fab, you are definitely a gent, there's no doubt about it.
I'm confused !

Just send me your postal adress again, please, can't succeed to find it right now !

Can't wait 'till next... 4th of May !!!