Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 29 Sep 2005, 06:26 (Ref:1419604)   #1
Jackman
Veteran

Jackman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bahrain GP2

Nico vs Heikki for the title - this is going to be good.

In case anyone is interested I've found a website that will be hosting live updates from every session at the track: http://ajaxchat.caradisiac.com/
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:28 (Ref:1419625)   #2
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Umm... Why there're two qualification sessions?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1419734)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rosberg on pole, Kovalinen in 2nd but some 7 tenths behind. Good to see Pantano doing well once again he has the skill to be right at the front IMO. A poor qualifying for Carroll, still hes qualifed 10th so should be able to get points at least.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1419736)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kov got baulked by Artam os something... but that is a big gap

Are they trying to get Lapierre into the mix??!!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1419769)   #5
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monfardini is racing for Coloni after missing the Spa races because Bruni took his seat. He is 9th on the grid, in the car Bruni used for most of the season, and Bruni is 10th in Monfardini's old car. Why did Bruni switch to Durango?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:10 (Ref:1419821)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Dunno but, bet he's bit peeved about that performance!

Only 3/4 hour or so until first race - gonna watch it on euro 2 at lunchtime!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1419831)   #7
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
work stops at 2, it takes me half and hour to get home! another missed race!

but then again, 2 of the races i missed live, carroll won! more of the same please! i still think kova, despite not knowing the track and being in an infirior car to rosbergs track knowledge and superior car, will win this title......or i will have to eat my hat!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:25 (Ref:1419838)   #8
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i just cant wait!!!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1419858)   #9
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
piquet and carroll demoted for illegal best laps. 17th and 19th now....
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1419967)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Nico Rosberg is 2005 GP2 champion!

Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1419972)   #11
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Congratulations to Rosberg, hard luck to Kovalainen. What was the result?
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:30 (Ref:1419973)   #12
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Wow what a season he has had. He has been playing catch up for quite a bit because of all his reliability problems early on in the season, a thoroughly deserved title! I bet Heikki is tearing his hair out after having led for so long, up to the final 4 races. A good season long fight between them.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:32 (Ref:1419974)   #13
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Rosberg won from Premat and Kova. There is no news yet on the gp2 website of full race positions.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:39 (Ref:1419981)   #14
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
It's not so bad for Kovalainen. He'll test for Renault next year then probably replace Fisichella in 2007, so he could be a Grand Prix winner in 18 months' time if Renault maintain their form. Rosberg will probably also be on the 2007 grid, either for Williams or BMW. They both deserve it.

Of course, it's the way of the world that Scott Speed, whom they have both beaten, will almost certainly be a Formula 1 race driver in 2006.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1419983)   #15
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Rosberg will probably also be on the 2007 grid, either for Williams or BMW. They both deserve it.
I thought he was a likely candidate for the Williams drive next year. But yes, I believe he and Heikki can hack it at F1.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1420194)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Congratulations Nico!

Wow, this is a surprise. I would never have predicted Nico to do so well, considering his averageness in some lower formula's.

But since that break-through win at Magny Cours he has been simply unstoppable, breathtaking to watch and has made Kovaleinen look a bit ordinary in the process.

Well done Nico! Hope to see you in that Williams seat next year!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 20:01 (Ref:1420312)   #17
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First eight of Race 1 are: Rosberg - Prémat - Kovalainen - López - Pantano - Lapierre - Yoshimoto - Viso.

Congrats to Rosberg for his win and his state-of-the-ART title!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1420356)   #18
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
I thought he was a likely candidate for the Williams drive next year. But yes, I believe he and Heikki can hack it at F1.
Oh, Rosberg may well be a race driver in 2006 - but I'm near-certain he will be in 2007. In general, this is good for GP2 - Kovalainen gets a testing gig with Renault, Rosberg gets something with Williams or BMW, Speed gets a race seat with Red Bull Junior. It says good things about the category. A better result than the top three finishers in F3000 for many a year, I'd wager.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 21:34 (Ref:1420399)   #19
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But at least top three of F3000 of last year did a taste of F1: Vitantonio Liuzzi did four races and a lot of 3rd driver Friday runs at Red Bull Racing, Enrico Tocaccello run the 3rd Minardi car for a while at last European rounds, and Patrick Friesacher was in fact a Minardi race driver during the first half of the season.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 21:46 (Ref:1420406)   #20
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
And of course Robert Doornbos- who was 3rd in last years F3000 championship, now Minardi F1 driver.

I think GP2 is a great springboard though with the top 3 likely to be in F1 in the near future, and also Adam Carroll who is backed by BAR and also the series boasts 2 former F1 drivers- Bruni and Pantano. This shows just how good a series it is.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1420438)   #21
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
well done to nico. i dont think he is the best driver but he certianly had the best car and did what he had to do. cant complain with that. hopefully a decent race tomorrow to round things off.

gp2 has been fantastic and guys like rosberg, kova, speed, carroll and a few others are the top quality guys and are ALREADY preparing themselves for a winter of f1 testing with test or race drives in their pocket.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 22:46 (Ref:1420456)   #22
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
What's interesting, to me anyway, is that Pantano and Bruni, the two guys with F1 experience, have had disappointing seasons, given their CVs. Granted, Pantano's had some promising outings in the colonies, but the fact that neither has really made a serious mark in GP2 has been interesting, and has, I suppose, spoken volumes about the current crop of GP2 drivers.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 22:56 (Ref:1420462)   #23
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Very true- and also lets not forget that Pantano qualified 2nd in the recent IRL race! GP2 does have a very talented bunch of drivers.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 08:38 (Ref:1420672)   #24
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Very true- and also lets not forget that Pantano qualified 2nd in the recent IRL race! GP2 does have a very talented bunch of drivers.
and might have even won if he did not mess it up for himself in the pitstops and got a penalty...he finished 4th in the end despite that.....and had he got off the line better at the start he could have dominated1 we all know giorgio is a good driver but as has been said, the younger guys have been no pushovers at all.

pantano said the only reason he entered gp2 was because he felt he could win the thing. you could argue that super nova were not as fast as they needed to be and you would probably be right but still thats a very big gap to rosberg. before gp2 started alot of people were raving about the quality of the talent on show. that about 20 out of the 24 drivers were capable of winning.....not quite 20 drivers won races but we certainly had a grid full of talent.
Old 30 Sep 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1420844)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexible-flyer
well done to nico. i dont think he is the best driver but he certianly had the best car and did what he had to do. cant complain with that. hopefully a decent race tomorrow to round things off.

Clearly i would say... as Martin Haven eloquently put it during the coverage yesterday: "ART have certainly found something on the car that the others' haven't...."

hmmm, wonder what he might have been intimating?

Well done Nico though...i don't think he's the best in it either but he's certainly a head down charger so he gets a vote from me!