Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 14 Dec 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2999726)   #26
Jacques Rabbit
Veteran

Slovakia
Jacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJacques Rabbit should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Keep in mind, too, that Allmendinger's no choir boy. I'm not saying he is or isn't on Kurt Busch's level of douchebaggery, but the guy has a reputation, and did have one very public spat with Richard Petty, among many other less-public-but-not-too-private displays of his true colors all the way from karting through Skip Barber to Champ Car.

It does suck for him, if he doesn't land the 22 (not sure why he really would but he has more of a chance to turn into a Chase driver than any of the others being considered I suppose), but somehow I don't feel too badly about it. A championship-winning ass replaces an ass who is consistently improving but will never accomplish what Busch has...seems like a fine move to me.

Not sure the plan of using Busch to get more sponsors will fully work, though. Busch has to be mostly blacklisted by now, so I don't really know how he's a step up in securing funding, but driving, well, just because Allmendinger's "personality displays" aren't fresh in our mind and he got that one top five that one time and might maybe possibly make a Chase somehow...
Old 14 Dec 2011, 17:51 (Ref:2999789)   #27
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Would be ashame if AJ has to leave RPM.
Old 14 Dec 2011, 19:31 (Ref:2999856)   #28
'70 Mach 1
Rookie

United States
Sacramento, CA. USA
'70 Mach 1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would not want to see Kurt in the 43 car ...

Wonder if Roush has any pull there since he provides equipment to RPM?

Random prediction with no basis in fact -- Kurt takes 2012 off from NASCAR and goes and runs Pro Stock in NHRA (he does have his license). Comes back and takes over the #20 after another lackluster year from Logano. (Good from my perspective as it neatly packages all of the drivers I dislike the most onto one team)....

Old 22 Dec 2011, 06:13 (Ref:3003017)   #29
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AJ's gonna be ok as we know now. Busch to run for his brother in NNS? It could happen....

Also, after some thought, I feel Kurt got exactly what he deserved. Nothing was ever good enough for this guy. Top tier equipment, leading the points, and long term deals just didn't make him feel good. In fact, I felt he's much worse that his brother, who I heard was getting along well with his crew, so it's at least something. Was just sickening listening to Kurt on the radio...

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 22 Dec 2011 at 06:34.
Old 23 Dec 2011, 05:12 (Ref:3003447)   #30
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
A small voice in the back of my head tells me that Kurt Busch would rather gargle vomit- someone else's vomit at that- than be reduced to driving James Finch's #51.
Dont listen to that small voice
Old 23 Dec 2011, 17:46 (Ref:3003630)   #31
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Dont listen to that small voice
The voice is still there.... it keeps telling me that this deal cannot last through the 2012 season, and that the whole thing will go tits-up. Busch simply won't be able to bite his lip, and keep his mouth shut when the team screws up.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 10:53 (Ref:3085540)   #32
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
The voice is still there.... it keeps telling me that this deal cannot last through the 2012 season, and that the whole thing will go tits-up. Busch simply won't be able to bite his lip, and keep his mouth shut when the team screws up.
Well your prediction might just come true as we have yet to seen the full fallout from Kurt "I'm-My-Own-Worst-Nightmare" Busch's latest meltdown (having verbally abused a reporter from the Sporting News) which has now gotten him suspended for the Cup race at Pocono this coming weekend.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:22 (Ref:3085725)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What is wrong with the Busch sisters? No common sense whatsoever.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3085739)   #34
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
They need to replace this in their head with a bigger one:

Old 5 Jun 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3085817)   #35
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I think Kyle Busch has matured a tad and I think him moving up the ranks as a team owner has had something to do with that.

Older brother Kurt, however, is on the fast track to becoming a former champion driving for "start n' park" teams much, much too early in his career. James Finch has now said he'll have a "talk" with Kurt soon.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 20:03 (Ref:3085837)   #36
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^They both go through their phases and Kurt has reverted to his earlier days. Kyle still shows his ass every now and again, but it hasn't happened much this year. When you are driving for a good team, with ample sponsors instead of driving for your little brother in the NW series and an under funded/unsponsored Cup team, you tend to be a little happier.

PoTAYto - PoTAHto; they both just lash out when their panties are all bunched up and I would have hated trying to raise these two brats.
Old 5 Jun 2012, 22:15 (Ref:3085937)   #37
GAMEOFGUTS21
Rookie

United States
Dallas, TX
GAMEOFGUTS21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
^They both go through their phases and Kurt has reverted to his earlier days. Kyle still shows his ass every now and again, but it hasn't happened much this year. When you are driving for a good team, with ample sponsors instead of driving for your little brother in the NW series and an under funded/unsponsored Cup team, you tend to be a little happier.

PoTAYto - PoTAHto; they both just lash out when their panties are all bunched up and I would have hated trying to raise these two brats.
Here, here.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3086653)   #38
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno if I'm late to this, but Finch might fire Kurt Busch depending on a meeting next week. Maybe he can use his "vacation" from Nascar to get some mental help. Kyle has taken steps in the right direction, so why can't Kurt?
Old 9 Jun 2012, 19:10 (Ref:3088145)   #39
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know, but I think Kurt will be going down the Jermey Mayfield path to self destruction.
Old 9 Jun 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3088159)   #40
HJJ
Veteran

United States
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can't make this stuff up.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/cu...th-kurt-busch/
Old 9 Jun 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3088183)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

Springer and Busch would be a perfect combination of sleaze and jerk.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3089692)   #42
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Staying w/Phoenix.

Quote:
Phoenix Racing team owner James Finch announced Tuesday that driver Kurt Busch will remain with the team after serving a one-race suspension last week for an angry encounter with a reporter at Dover a week earlier.

Busch and Penske Racing, his home since 2006, parted ways at the end of 2011 following Busch's obscenity-laced tirade against an ESPN reporter at the season-ending race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

By that point, all the top NASCAR Sprint Cup seats for 2012 already were spoken for, so Busch signed with Phoenix Racing, a small, one-car team with only about 15 employees. While team owner Finch has been able to buy competitive cars and engines from Hendrick Motorsports, Phoenix Racing has only a fraction of the resources of Busch’s former teams, Penske and Roush Fenway Racing.

It was expected that Busch would be one and done with Phoenix in 2012, the idea being that if he kept his nose clean, he’d move back to a higher-tier team in 2013.

Finch and Phoenix had the reputation of a hard-working, hard-partying team, while Busch was known to passionate and occasionally volatile. The two had a handshake deal to work together this season, with Finch joking, “He can’t quit and I can’t fire him.”
Old 13 Jun 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3089983)   #43
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect what that really translates into is that at the moment there are no other drivers available who could get the car decent finishes... If I was David Reutimann I'd be on the phone to my agent trying to get out of the #10 drive as soon as possible.
Old 13 Jun 2012, 12:30 (Ref:3090110)   #44
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If I was Finch I wouldn't fire him and I doubt he considered it. Kurt, on form, is enormously competitive. I do think both Kurt and Kyle's Cup careers will continue to crumble, Kurt at a far faster rate. I don't think you can drum out that kind rage without a double lobotomy or something like that.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3090504)   #45
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
They need to replace this in their head with a bigger one:

What he needs is a female minder, one he likes, and one of the clever level headed girls that stays at his side the whole weekend, had got his back and manages and diffuses the aggression in the interviews.

Sounds odd, but it absolutely works!