Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:21 (Ref:3094766)   #1
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Oval Racing At Lydden....

I popped down to Lydden on Sunday to watch the afternoons racing, the European Late Models sounded pretty good and the UK sprint cars were something I hadn't seen before (odd looking but good fun to watch). What sized grids do they normally run? There weren't that many of them but I imagine if you had a bigger group of them it'd be really spectacular. I assume that it's a non-contact formula? I think the meeting was better this year with the Late Models and Sprint cars being there instead of the bangers (the bangers are ok but I prefer 'proper' racing). Anyway, a few pics.....
Attached Thumbnails
ELMS1.jpg   ELMS2.jpg   uksc1.jpg  

uksc2.jpg  
Old 19 Jun 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3095027)   #2
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Certainly good to see the oval being used again. Is it one or two years since it was used? Was the last time at the classic meeting in 2010?

And very good to see the CAMSO/ASCAR late models back, the two classes of car look good together. Must be some more ASCARS somewhere?

The sprint cars are definitely non contact! Think the numbers were higher than in previous Lydden visits.

Not had a chance to go to a rolling thunder show at Arena Essex in a very long time, but in the past numbers have usually been single figures.

They do look good round Lydden, so fingers crossed that they and oval racing will be back.