Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 24 Sep 2006, 01:55 (Ref:1717382)   #1
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TV Ratings Down For The Year

NASCAR's TV ratings down for all but two races in '06, industry report shows
By JIM UTTER
The Charlotte Observer
DOVER, Del. - Despite the start of NASCAR’s Chase for the Nextel Cup, which will decide the champion of NASCAR’s biggest series, NASCAR TV ratings have continued their downward movement this season.

An Industry Television Performance Summary provided to NASCAR this week showed ratings for last Sunday’s race at New Hampshire – the first in the 10-race Chase – were off 12 percent from the same race in 2005.

For the season, all but two of the 27 races have stayed the same or shown a decrease in viewership. For the year Fox ratings were down 8 percent, FX ratings were off 4 percent, NBC down 9 percent and TNT down 8 percent.

Only the Daytona 500 and spring Martinsville race saw increases this season. The largest percentage decrease was the first New Hampshire race, which was down 14.5 percent over 2005.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 07:28 (Ref:1722674)   #2
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
jimmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tv ratings will be down in the uk with nascar moving channels.
no longer on nasn but moving to rangers tv which costs more money to that.

will nasn show as live races later on in the week ???
Old 29 Sep 2006, 11:24 (Ref:1722857)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think it'll matter too much, ratings will almost certainly go up next year with JPM, especially overseas (though I suppose Fox, NBC etc don't actually find out the ratings from overseas broadcasters)

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 29 Sep 2006, 11:28 (Ref:1722861)   #4
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer
Tv ratings will be down in the uk with nascar moving channels.
no longer on nasn but moving to rangers tv which costs more money to that.
Rangers TV is included in the NASN subscription fee, along with all the other Setanta channels. It maybe different for cable viewers but for those with Sky the NASCAR move shouldn't make any difference.
Old 29 Sep 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1722950)   #5
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Cut Jaguar
Rangers TV is included in the NASN subscription fee, along with all the other Setanta channels. It maybe different for cable viewers but for those with Sky the NASCAR move shouldn't make any difference.
i'm with cable
Old 29 Sep 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1723115)   #6
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if ABC/ESPN improve over the current NBC coverage next year then the ratings will go up. Fox has done alright even though I can barely stand D.W. But NBC's coverage here in the U.S. has been terrible and has a lot of commercials. Their broadcasters especially Benny Parsons and Wally Dallenbach do not have much of a personality and they always seem uncomfortable when they are on air with each other. ABC and ESPN have done an excellent job with their IRL coverage and they're past NASCAR coverage was excellent. Plus it will be nice to have Rusty Wallace as an announcer (he is MUCH better than any of the other drivers turned announcers) and maybe Hermie Sadler too since he's looking at broadcasting.

J.D.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1726078)   #7
jimmer
Racer

England
bath somerset
I missed the Banquet 400 sunday due to the new nascar channel change on nasn. i am with telewest cable and nascar is now shown on rangers tv, telewest dont have the licence to broadcast during the weekend so i am stuffed till the end of the season

I will now have to watch channel 5's rubbish coverage now so will you boyz keep me posted thanx !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cant afford sky been down that route..........
Old 13 Oct 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1737058)   #8
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From Jayski's:

Overnight Talladega TV ratings fall 6.5%: NBC's broadcast of Sunday's UAW-Ford 500 Nextel Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway drew an overnight Nielsen Media Research rating of 4.3 and a 9 market share, Street and Smith's SportsBusiness Daily reports. The rating was 6.5% lower than the 4.6/9 NBC earned overnight last year, when the Talladega race was run a week earlier, prior to the Kansas race.(SceneDaily.com)(10-10-2006)