Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Apr 2008, 16:51 (Ref:2171457)   #1
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC finale back on GP loop?

With the British Superbikes being cancelled today, JP now has a free GP loop day avaliable....

Soooo.. will the BTCC be back on the GP loop, or will they come up with another excuse
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:25 (Ref:2171486)   #2
Alfa Fan
Veteran

Alfa Fan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"I have been very eager however to see if we could find a way not to just cancel, but postpone the first Brands Hatch event. Fortunately a major benefit of MSV now running BSB is that following a review of our calendar, I am delighted to be able to immediately announce that we have rescheduled this meeting which will now take place on the Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit on 10/11 May."
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:31 (Ref:2171489)   #3
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that weekend was a GP date anyway, they have just thrown bemsee off , so we have a spare day in theory.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:33 (Ref:2171492)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They'll probably upgrade the October BSB date to run on the GP circuit also. It would seem fair to run BTCC finale on GP but it will probably not happen.
Maybe I'm cynical but preference seems to be placed on bikes running on a longer circuit to cars in this country.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2171495)   #5
westfieldbend
Veteran

they will not have enogth days to do that..we only have one spare, the circuit was still used friday and saturday.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2171496)   #6
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why would you even want them on the GP loop? Doesn't WTCC vs. BTCC show that the Indy circuit gives much better racing?
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:41 (Ref:2171498)   #7
westfieldbend
Veteran

so i can actually see the track without someones head being in the way all the time.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2171504)   #8
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by westfieldbend
that weekend was a GP date anyway, they have just thrown bemsee off , so we have a spare day in theory.
Not totally thrown off - "The 10/11 May date was scheduled to be a BMCRC meeting and some races from this will be incorporated into the BSB event." I don't know enough about bike racing to know what that means in practice.

As I recall the BTCC's problem was a lack of testing dates for the support races. One less race day used isn't going to change that.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2171515)   #9
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a clarifier for an Aussie, am I correct in saying the GP loop iis the full circuit, and the Indy track leaves the GP at ~4 and rejoins at the last turn?

Cheers,

Mick
Old 6 Apr 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2171518)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
Just a clarifier for an Aussie, am I correct in saying the GP loop iis the full circuit, and the Indy track leaves the GP at ~4 and rejoins at the last turn?
That's correct. The Indy is the kidney shaped short layout.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2171525)   #11
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks. Why doesn't the BTCC and the WTCC run on the full track? Is it too long for them? It seems quite long on racing sims (my only experience of Brands Hatch) but by the same token, the Indy circuit seems rather short.

Mick
Old 6 Apr 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2171531)   #12
redshoes
Veteran

WTCC do use the full track, BTCC tend not to.

BTCC generally prefer shorter circuits as the spectators get to see more of the cars more often. On the Brands GP loop the cars are out of view of the majority of spectators for nearly half a lap. It's the same story at Silverstone, Oulton and Donington where BTCC use the shorter layout.

BTCC was going to use the GP track this year but there's a problem over how often it can be used. Most of the GP track is very close to a housing estate, which means it can only be used for a small number of days per year.
Old 6 Apr 2008, 18:34 (Ref:2171542)   #13
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
Alright, thanks for that.

I now return you to the original direction of the thread

Cheers,

Mick
Old 6 Apr 2008, 22:36 (Ref:2171765)   #14
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats not the only reason. If you check Brands Hatch at google earth, you can see that there are some houses very near the longer GP-loop of the circuit. To limit the noise (or 'sounds' or maybe even 'music' as we like to think of them) for the residents of those houses the use of the GP-loop is limited.
I think it's a shame the BTCC doesn't use it, because good racing is perfectly possible on the GP-loop as well, it gives drivers an extra challenge and it's just nice to have more variety in general.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 03:22 (Ref:2171849)   #15
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
I'm guessing those residents bought their property, and then decided they didn't like the track that was there first, so kick up a stink and get the race programs changed. Sound about right? We have a similar situation at a couple of tracks over here...

Mick
Old 7 Apr 2008, 06:29 (Ref:2171919)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm guessing those residents bought their property, and then decided they didn't like the track that was there first, so kick up a stink and get the race programs changed. Sound about right? We have a similar situation at a couple of tracks over here...

Mick
Pretty much the case. In this country we get it with people who buy houses near race circuits, airports, military bases etc...

Unfortunately local authorities tend to side with residents rather than facilities that help drive the local economy.

Back to thread - because the GP loop was used on Fri & Sat, does that count as a whole weekend on the loop?
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:20 (Ref:2172219)   #17
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Sound about right?
Yupp, it's a complete joke IMO. If the track is there from the start, any such complaints should be legally invalid. If you are not a petrol head, don't buy/build your house right next to a racing track.
Old 7 Apr 2008, 12:24 (Ref:2172223)   #18
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
+1. There is a certain rural track near where I live that has city people buying hobby farms nearby, and then when they come up on the weekend they hear the noise and complain that it is ruining their weekends. Stiff **** I say, it was there first!

Mick
Old 7 Apr 2008, 20:20 (Ref:2172626)   #19
awrb
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham, UK
awrb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I live relatively near a football ground. Fans are quite loud.

I say only 4 football matches are to be held there every year.

Something tells me my proposal will get rejected.

Mainly cos I don't live near a football ground.. I made it up to get my point across.
Old 8 Apr 2008, 18:55 (Ref:2173373)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Politicians would have you believe football isn't a rich mans sport like racing.

Yeah right!