Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Feb 2001, 15:19 (Ref:61932)   #1
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lorna, you may have some or all of these already, but I thought I'd post them here and see if anyone was interested.

These are, provisionally, the calendars for the Vintage Sports Car Club and the Historic Sports Car Club. Usual disclaimers about subject to change/check press for details/contact organising club and all that....

VSCC
April 21 2001 - Silverstone race meeting
May 6 - Curborough Sprint
May 13 - Wiscombe Park Hillclimb
May 19-20 - Donington race meeting
June 10 - Cadwell Park race meeting
July 22 - Mallory Park race meeting
August 4-5 - Prescott Hillclimb
August 11 - Silverstone Racing Green race meeting
September 2 - Loton Park Hillclimb

HSCC
April 8 2001 - Donington
April 22 - Mallory Park
May 6 - Cadwell Park
May 19-20 Silverstone
June 9 - Oulton Park
June 23-24 - Snetterton
June 30-Jul 1 - Brands Hatch
October 13 - Silverstone

And of course, I couldn't go without mentioning the Bentley Drivers Club race meeting

This year it's

September 22 2001 - Silverstone.

An interesting note about this years calendar appeared in the Bentley Competition Secretary's newsletter. He has said that the lateness of the club racing calendars for Silverstone is down to uncertainty caused by the Octagon takeover of the circuit. He still only has verbal confirmation that the BDC event is a firm booking. That's interesting treatment for a fixture which has been celebrated annually for an unbroken 51 years....!

As always, I'd urge people to try the BDC meeting sometime. The only race meeting I know of where you can see a modern Formula Ford, vintage Bentleys, Cobras and a Porsche 911GT2 racing - on the same grid!
Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:01 (Ref:61984)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tim, don't know if you noticed that we were getting off topic and discussing a Jag Anniversary Event in the superbike topic.
Lorna said she had the dates 9-10 October, but didn't know where it was.
I've got a Jag Anniversary Event on for 9-10 June at Donington.
Do you know if this is the only Jag anniversary event?
At some point I'll check on the Donington website that they haven't altered dates (or that I've not just managed to completely screw up dates on one of the circuit guides)
Wanders off in the general direction of the circuit guides to add some history about Pembrey
Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:23 (Ref:61995)   #3
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the note, Carrie.

You're right - I hadn't looked at the Superbikes thread at all. How shall I put this... my eyes glaze over a bit when bikes come along!

If I remember rightly, it was about June that the Jags celebrated 25 years of the XJ-S last year at Donington. They were invited to share a fixture by the Aston Martin OC, with the result that us Aston fanatics were constantly tripping over hundreds of assorted XJ-S models filling up the infield.

Wonder what they're celebrating this year.

Oh, of course - May 19th would be the 40th anniversary of the unveiling of the E-Type. That'll be it, I'll bet.

I'll see what I can find out. As a clue, it is likely to be the Jaguar Drivers Club that's organising any race meeting.

Hope the Pembrey material was useful!
Old 2 Feb 2001, 20:40 (Ref:62006)   #4
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, cheers bloke, the Pembrey material was very useful There I was, sat there keep looking at my nice ignored Pembrey topic and starting to think that Pembrey didn't really have a history and was in fact a figment of my imagination. Always reasurring to know that you can be relied on to produce or confirm any historical motorsport detail
Old 3 Feb 2001, 13:24 (Ref:62197)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the dates, Tim. I have those already but, as I have said before - it's always useful to double check.

I can not remember where I got the 9 and 10 October from for the Jags, I have been looking at so many resources for dates! I will safely go along with the the fact that they are in June.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 17:02 (Ref:62267)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

I've also been looking at far too many dates for far too many tracks, so I wouldn't be too hasty to rely on me being right with the June date!!!!
Old 5 Feb 2001, 10:01 (Ref:62553)   #7
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Jaguar celebration is at the AMOC 2 day meeting at Donnington on June 9-10th (as mentioned above), this will feature all the usaul AMOC stuff, lots of Jaguars on the Saturday and 2 Group C races (one on sat one on sun).

A great peice of timing that, what with there being the Powertour at Rockingham on the same day. I can see resources being stretched.