Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Oct 2006, 23:18 (Ref:1742549)   #1
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toyota's Reception

Daytona 2007.

What sort of reception do we think the Toyota teams will get from NASCAR fans?
Old 20 Oct 2006, 03:00 (Ref:1742661)   #2
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Daytona 2007.

What sort of reception do we think the Toyota teams will get from NASCAR fans?
The only thing Toyota about the car, is the name, and the money funding it, so no one will get excited either way.
Bob
Old 20 Oct 2006, 04:01 (Ref:1742681)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ditto.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 10:30 (Ref:1743000)   #4
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another comment

In the USA, NA$CAR fans usually folow the drivers, not the cars.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1743142)   #5
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I don't think the reception will be too bad. Remember Toyota cars are built in America and GMs, Chryslers, and Fords are built in Canada and Mexico.

The only way people would be upset is if they started winning week in and week out. But with NASCAR focusing on everyone being competitive they will not be able to build up much of an advantage in my mind. Plus they spend tons of money in F1 and did in the IRL without developing any huge advantage. So chances are they will spend all they want and find out that the Cup series isn't quite as easy as the Truck series.

J.D.
Old 20 Oct 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1743300)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't see what reaction they are likely to get really! Personally, I'm indifferent!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 09:18 (Ref:1745886)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was some whining when Toyota first entered the NASCAR Goody's Dash Series and later the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, but that was years ago and I haven't really seen/heard a whole lot of whining in regards to their NEXTEL Cup effort getting off the ground. Perhaps most people have been too busy whining about the CoT
Old 23 Oct 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1746225)   #8
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strangely, with the arrival of Toyota, the Red Bull team and Montoya/Ambrose I suddenly feel more connected to NASCAR than I ever have in the past.

Maybe that's because I'm Johnny Foreigner and have familarity with them all, I doubt the average American is all that bothered about Toyota though as they've been slumming it in the Truck series for long enough now.