Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 May 2007, 17:21 (Ref:1907792)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, in their boxes they came in.

I can't take them out as I have no display case. But it's for the best ultimately and I can still see them.
Old 12 May 2007, 01:54 (Ref:1911395)   #52
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
I saw three Montoya cars lined up in one of the trade trucks when I was in the States last week. They looked fantastic quality and were very good value I thought (about 60 bucks each) - I had to physically remove myself from the stand before I bought them and ended up going down the line of starting another collection. Although, I've got to be honest, I would probably consider selling off my Senna collection to finance a Montoya one sometime, the variety of machinery that would be included would be fantastic.
Craig, may I ask if the CoT diecasts have been released yet? Or, did you see them there?
Old 15 Jun 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1937981)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've just learned that the Minichamps 1/18 MP4/21 has been despatched to me!

Pictures to follow in a matter of days...
Old 17 Jun 2007, 01:30 (Ref:1939267)   #54
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Got my JPM 1:18 MP4-21 this week and it looks absolutely stunning - Minichamps really have got the chrome livery spot-on.

Shame though there's a few scratch-type marks on the trailing edge of the engine cover on both sides, only really noticeable when they catch the light but annoying - would be interested to hear if anyone else's cars have the same issue as Minichamps' are usually fairly flawless when new.

Just the orange MP4-21 testcar to go then to finish the F1 chapter of my JPM collection (have all his racecars in 1:18 and all catalogue releases in 1:43). Also received the 1:24 #42 Charger for my birthday, was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the model, it looks great. Looking forward to the CoT and Busch 1st win cars too.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 01:40 (Ref:1939274)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Excellent, another JPM collector!

I'm looking forward to all the NASCAR models a lot. They are something different to the collection and there are a few to kick off the collection this year...the ones you mention, plus the Big Red livery which will be stunning.

Don't like the sound of those scratches.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:11 (Ref:1939803)   #56
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-C

Just the orange MP4-21 testcar to go then to finish the F1 chapter of my JPM collection
Anymore news on when this will be? Still waiting for mine too. (obviously )
Old 17 Jun 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1939860)   #57
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I guess July/August, same as with last years orange cars.

No firm news at all. There never is.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 14:58 (Ref:1939961)   #58
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Excellent, another JPM collector!

I'm looking forward to all the NASCAR models a lot. They are something different to the collection and there are a few to kick off the collection this year...the ones you mention, plus the Big Red livery which will be stunning.
Indeed - it's great that the 4 cars being released all look quite substantially different one way or the other. The normal livery is also nice - always loved the Texaco colours right back to the old Eggenberger Sierra RS500s. Also makes it so easy to spot on TV.

Quote:
Don't like the sound of those scratches.
On closer inspection it looks like the "scratches" are the edge of the decal - it looks like it's the decal used for the red "spine" of the engine cover that's showing.

Last edited by J-C; 17 Jun 2007 at 15:04.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1941993)   #59
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, got my model yesterday and it is just the decals. Not too bad, although it is annoying when you look too close!

Still, stunning model. The best Minichamps yet and the Mattel efforts look more ridiculous again. Wow.

Roll on the orange cars.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:47 (Ref:1942037)   #60
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Glad to hear it isn't something specific to my model - but yeah agree otherwise that it's Minichamps' best F1 car yet. I especially like the detail around the rear topdeck/exhausts/suspension - they've got it spot on there. Nice also that it is in the Silverstone livery, the one and only GP I ever saw JPM race in sadly.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1942068)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You shoulda been there in 2005. What a day!

*sniff*
Old 19 Jun 2007, 22:35 (Ref:1942117)   #62
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Quote:

*sniff*
Wish I had been - it was a fantastic day just watching on TV not far away! Ah well, will have to get a trip to Daytona sorted out for next year.

Must get round to converting the Magnussen ITC/DTM Merc I bought many years ago (before I realised its JPM connections); I remember seeing some decal sets a while back, seems they're still available here.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1942680)   #63
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh, are there 1/18 ITC cars? I'll have a go at that myself.

I've seen stock 1/43's of the ITC Montoya car.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:25 (Ref:1942811)   #64
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
No, sorry - meant the 1:43. I think Magnussen cars were done in 1:18 but they're extremely scarce and in a slightly different livery. The 1:43 is just a case of swapping Magnussen for Montoya and a few other minor details.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:42 (Ref:1942824)   #65
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Oh well never mind.

I also wish someone would release the 2000 Lola-Toyota, '97 and '98 F3000 cars and the Grand Am car from earlier this season. It is annoying having cars missing from the collection, but there again nobody has ever made F3000 cars or stuff like that I don't think.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 14:35 (Ref:1947300)   #66
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

*sniff*
And highlight of that day, meeting me
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:01 (Ref:1947507)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Absolutely, as brief as it was.

And I predicted the winner, I particularly recall Jarcey being adamant that Alonso would win.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:17 (Ref:1947522)   #68
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Agreed with your sig by the way V....come on Audi, sign this man up!

Although he hasn't won Daytona, Talladega or the Brickyard 400 yet.
Old 26 Jun 2007, 19:30 (Ref:1947531)   #69
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Minor details, Knowlesy.

Minor details.
Old 27 Jul 2007, 16:36 (Ref:1974846)   #70
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So as the Big Red Dodge Charger was raced at Chicagoland recently, the model release follows immediately.

Picked mine up for about £30 including postage from the US.

J-C will already have his no doubt and will tell me what it's like.
Attached Thumbnails
nascarcup-2007-chi-as-0048.jpg  

Last edited by Knowlesy; 27 Jul 2007 at 16:39.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 20:49 (Ref:1976690)   #71
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
Not yet, just ordered my Big Red Charger this evening - only just saw it was out today. Looks a fantastic livery; different but still as distinctive as the Texaco car.

Orange MP4-21s are out in 1:43 now so the 1:18 is surely due very soon too.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1978378)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ooh, didn't know that now!

CoT is due imminently too.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 18:06 (Ref:1978428)   #73
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Knowlesy I want to see a picture of his 2000 Indy 500 winner.

Do you have his '99 Champ Car? Kieran has it and well it was made very well by action.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1978445)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

The Indy 500 winner is an average model and totally inaccurate, but still nice to have.

My computer is playing funny buggers right now and won't communicate with certain devices, camera being one of them. I'll keep trying.

Champcar is the one model I do not have, but I've seen plenty of pictures and it's very nice looking indeed.
Old 1 Aug 2007, 18:42 (Ref:1978462)   #75
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
OK lol, but I'd love to see you'll whole Montoya collection one day. I have seen others before of all of his Minichamps 1:18 f1 collection and it looked very nice..

Tags
jpm