Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Jul 2005, 17:32 (Ref:1356413)   #1
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC Vs WTCC

Why dont the BTCC change the rules next season to the WTCC regs then the feilds would increase! or would they ??
Old 15 Jul 2005, 17:37 (Ref:1356418)   #2
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BTCC already allow for WTCC cars to race, but the BTC style cars still are more powerful than their S2000 counterparts. So unless they add add'l weight onto the BTC cars, there's no real point in racing a S2000 car in the BTCC. Officially, the earlies the BTCC can go full S2000 is in '07. OTOH, by then, there should be a lot of used/older S2000 cars available for privateers to buy for the BTCC? Will there be a big return of privateers in the BTCC like in early '90s, that's probably unlikely?
Old 15 Jul 2005, 18:32 (Ref:1356438)   #3
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
but it would result in the way forward in my opinion, they maybe diffenrt powers etc but im talking about binging btcc to wtcc so the S2000 cars are the only cars there competetors if choose can compete in both etc
Old 15 Jul 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1356456)   #4
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Eventually, what you're saying will happen I feel. And the sooner the better.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 19:14 (Ref:1356461)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
See this old topic with a discussion:
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ighlight=S2000
Old 15 Jul 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1356487)   #6
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
arrr cheers FIRE didnt see that ceeky one ill have a read

Cheers
Old 15 Jul 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1356540)   #7
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think they would increase. There will still be weight issues, but the RWD-FWD one instead.
Old 15 Jul 2005, 22:21 (Ref:1356566)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you don't have enough cars, ban half of them. Why didn't TOCA think of that?
Old 16 Jul 2005, 01:35 (Ref:1356618)   #9
kmchow
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
If you don't have enough cars, ban half of them. Why didn't TOCA think of that?
You definitely lost me there? What do you mean? Do you think that TOCA should prematurely ban the BTC cars??
Old 16 Jul 2005, 10:55 (Ref:1356737)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitcrew
arrr cheers FIRE didnt see that ceeky one ill have a read

Cheers
No problem, I thought it might be interesting for you.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 13:33 (Ref:1356815)   #11
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There will always be some excuse. In the BTCC, it's that "we're S2000 cars...we're special!"

In the WTCC, when they're ALL S2000 cars, it's FWD vs RWD.

Next year it'll be the disadvantage of being a "teeni-wittle-hatchback, please give us Alfa's & Seat's another weight break please!" (highly speculative, and probably overdramatic on my part)
Old 16 Jul 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1356860)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
You definitely lost me there? What do you mean? Do you think that TOCA should prematurely ban the BTC cars??
No, but the thread starter appears to.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 19:30 (Ref:1356953)   #13
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
No, but the thread starter appears to.

am i the only one that feels that the BTCC has lost its sparkle compared with the good old days!
Old 16 Jul 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1357006)   #14
kmchow
Veteran

The BTCC lost it's sparkle back in '00 when it dropped down to 3 works manufacturers.

The height of ST globally was probably '96 and '97. It hasn't recovered. Perhaps things could have worked out a bit better if the BTCC adopted the S2000 rules right with everyon else?? OTOH, I guess the BTCC again wanted to set the tone/rules for everyone to follow like they did back in Class 2/ST days.

Regardless, we can at least look fondly back to the '90s and continue to play our Toca Touring Cars 2.
Old 16 Jul 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1357040)   #15
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
Quote:
The BTCC lost it's sparkle back in '00 when it dropped down to 3 works manufacturers.

The height of ST globally was probably '96 and '97. It hasn't recovered. Perhaps things could have worked out a bit better if the BTCC adopted the S2000 rules right with everyon else?? OTOH, I guess the BTCC again wanted to set the tone/rules for everyone to follow like they did back in Class 2/ST days.

Regardless, we can at least look fondly back to the '90s and continue to play our Toca Touring Cars 2.

well said you have taken the words from my mouth, and i thought i was the only person to still have TOCA 2 the best touring car game made!
Old 17 Jul 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1357148)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Perhaps things could have worked out a bit better if the BTCC adopted the S2000 rules right with everyon else??
The BTCC couldn't adopt S2000 rules as they didn't exist at that point. TOCA were faced with a choice of using ST rules for another year, which would have meant a 4 car grid at best, or developing their own regualation. No surprise that they chose to do the latter. TOCA's new regulations weren't that far from what many people expected S200 to become, that was until BMW and co went back on everything that had previously been agreed and took S2000 in another direction.

OTOH TOCA could have just not bothered to run a BTCC for one year and wait until to see what the FIA did, but then wasn't much of an option either.

Quote:
OTOH, I guess the BTCC again wanted to set the tone/rules for everyone to follow like they did back in Class 2/ST days.
The original Class 2 regs were devised not because that's what the BTCC though everyone should be using but because that's what suited the BTCC at the time. Same reason that Australia uses it's own V8 formula or France uses it's own version of silhouettes. Ultimately most national championship don't care about the outside world, only what works for them locally

Last edited by redshoes; 17 Jul 2005 at 09:59. Reason: speeling
Old 17 Jul 2005, 10:39 (Ref:1357162)   #17
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Same reason that Australia uses it's own V8 formula or France uses it's own version of silhouettes. Ultimately most national championship don't care about the outside world, only what works for them locally
French Silhouette is a good example that local rules don´t always work well, currently its half-dead (however 2002 and 2003 was a good championship i have to say) with just two good cars: Pescarolo´s 407s.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 11:20 (Ref:1357173)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46
French Silhouette is a good example that local rules don´t always work well, currently its half-dead (however 2002 and 2003 was a good championship i have to say) with just two good cars: Pescarolo´s 407s.
How many cars take part?
Old 17 Jul 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1357188)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Sorry, I should have said what they THINK will work for them locally. You could argue that in the current climate the BTCC regulations aren't working that well either.

If you don't like the French example then how about German DTM, Belgium Belcar, New Zealand Schedule S or South Africa V8s. If the thread about STCC is correct then you can soon add Swedish V8s to that list.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1357197)   #20
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
How many cars take part?
12 or 13 cars, but there are too amateur drivers with old cars. Anyway 2002 and 2003 were interesting certainly: Bouchut, Lagorce, Dayraut, Gaché, Helary, Policand,...
Old 17 Jul 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1357206)   #21
E46
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
If you don't like the French example then how about German DTM, Belgium Belcar, New Zealand Schedule S or South Africa V8s. If the thread about STCC is correct then you can soon add Swedish V8s to that list.
Of course DTM is a fantastic example but you need so strong manufacturers as it has (mainly with big V8 cars). Yet i think BTCC rules have been successfully and work/have worked very well.
Old 17 Jul 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1357278)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Sorry, I should have said what they THINK will work for them locally. You could argue that in the current climate the BTCC regulations aren't working that well either.

IMO Belcar isn't a touring car championship, it's a GT endurance championship.

In Holland there's Benelux Racing League (Ford Mondeo silhouette with Ford 325 bhp 4L V6 engine).
Old 17 Jul 2005, 16:48 (Ref:1357284)   #23
redshoes
Veteran

The point is that it's still a local championship with it's own set of regulation and little or no regard for what anyone else in the world is doing.