Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Oct 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2305445)   #51
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that livery has given me a seizure.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 16:50 (Ref:2305481)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Süchtige
I never said it was..................... just thought people might like to see the car.
OK

It's a great looking car. I said it before but DTM should use this sort of cars. Why not a TC2 rule set (GT2 rules but for 4 door saloon cars)? Or using GT2 cars for DTM (Ferrari 430, Porsche 911, BMW M3, Audi R8, Mercedes SL)

I expect BMW will enter WTCC next season (And take revenge on SEAT; If they leave now they look like bad losers ) before switching to FIA GT/LMS in 2010 (currently it's not allowed for factory teams to enter FIA GT, but from 2010 it is allowed). It's confirmed Rahal Letterman will run the Beemers in ALMS next season. They get probably support from BMW Motorsport (Schnitzer) but it's unlikely Schnitzer enters under the Rahal Letterman banner. So the WTCC teams are available to enter WTCC, except maybe RBM (BMW UK) who maybe switch to BTCC. For marketing reasons I don't understand why BMW UK didn't enter BTCC before.

Last edited by FIRE; 6 Oct 2008 at 16:59.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2305486)   #53
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I think that livery has given me a seizure.
Looks like Andy B will have a bit of a challenge with next year's ALMS Spotters' Guide
Old 6 Oct 2008, 21:08 (Ref:2305635)   #54
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I seriously doubt that livery will be used in a race

@FIRE: Thought about that too. The problem with GT2 rules is that you limit yourself to RWD cars. You could of course allow conversions, but that wouldn't be cheap to build either.
Old 6 Oct 2008, 21:16 (Ref:2305641)   #55
AMG Fan
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
AMG Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW may as well enter DTM, perhaps in 2010 when the new generation cars will race. As people have mentioned, the rules are certaintly against BMW. Seat are enjoying a huge advantage, yet when BMW were, people were far more angry.

Also, the other car makers in WTCC are not BMW's showroom rivals. Where's Mercedes-Benz and Audi in DTM, are BMW's showroom rivals - the premium brands. It would be like Hyundai entering the GT2 class in ALMS, Ferrari, Porsche, BMW, Corvette....Hyundai - the odd one out!
Old 7 Oct 2008, 02:13 (Ref:2305771)   #56
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Looks like Andy B will have a bit of a challenge with next year's ALMS Spotters' Guide

ha ha
Old 7 Oct 2008, 13:08 (Ref:2306102)   #57
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye
I seriously doubt that livery will be used in a race

@FIRE: Thought about that too. The problem with GT2 rules is that you limit yourself to RWD cars. You could of course allow conversions, but that wouldn't be cheap to build either.
It's not that cars with the power that is expected from DTM car be FWD anyway.
Old 7 Oct 2008, 16:53 (Ref:2306258)   #58
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
It's not that cars with the power that is expected from DTM car be FWD anyway.
Plenty RWD/AWD cars available:
Old 7 Oct 2008, 19:42 (Ref:2306368)   #59
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Add to that BMW M3 and Audi RS4.
Old 8 Oct 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2306625)   #60
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thiessen about WTCC and BMW:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=2778
Old 8 Oct 2008, 12:17 (Ref:2306755)   #61
BMW Süchtige
Rookie

European Union
BMW Süchtige is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMeissner

Stay or Go.... but just do it already
Old 8 Oct 2008, 16:30 (Ref:2306896)   #62
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just sounds like a negotiating tactic by BMW. "Make the rules the way we want them or we will leave".
Old 8 Oct 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2306977)   #63
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01
Just sounds like a negotiating tactic by BMW. "Make the rules the way we want them or we will leave".
All manufacturers do it and have done it in the past!

I must admit, I agree with BMW.

Hopefully the organisers will sort the rulebook out!
Old 13 Oct 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2310972)   #64
SEATFreak
Racer

Spain
SEATFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Peters
All manufacturers do it and have done it in the past!

I must admit, I agree with BMW.

Hopefully the organisers will sort the rulebook out!
A part of me cannot help but also think that. I am no fan of either RBM, Schnitzer or ROAL but athough a lot of why I find the WTCC confusing is because their is no one clear set of guidelines regading something which I find hard to understand anyway (the mechanical asspects of what constitutes as the legit WTCC racer), fact is whether or not I understand it even I can see that the mechanical spec and the penalty ballast regs seem to be all over the place. It changes from time to time.

If their was one clear set of guidelines regarding the pentalty ballast issue and what car is supposed to run to what specs and regs then I see it picking up support.

Last edited by SEATFreak; 13 Oct 2008 at 09:52.

Tags
wtcc