Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2011, 14:05 (Ref:2986158)   #126
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think low capacity with forced induction is a far more popular strategy for increasing efficiency than a hybrid drive (both with manufacturers and consumers).
Old 14 Nov 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2986160)   #127
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Let's stick with the subject of the thread please..
Old 14 Nov 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2986197)   #128
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
I live in the sticks, and I spend most of my 45 minute drive (before I get on my bike) at 55-65 or above.
If you can average 60 mph on your trip computer, then you're certainly not a usual case!

Quote:
Having been driven along an Autobahn by an Army driver, we averaged about 90.....and we were not the only ones.
How much time does a vehicle spend on roads like that ?

In the UK, in 2009, 20 per cent of traffic was on motorways, 28 per cent on rural ‘A’ roads, 16 per cent on urban ‘A’ roads, 14 per cent on rural minor roads and 22 per cent on urban minor roads. Which goes a long way to explain the low average speeds of vehicles in general use on UK roads.

But yeah, let's stick to the subject.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 15:37 (Ref:2986202)   #129
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The GP was awful, the SKY move will lead me to watch BBC highlights, I prefer to go and see real racing at one of many tracks.

My MSV season ticket at £175 for next season will be good value compared to SKY and I will be able to go most weekends from April - November

Who needs SKY,
Old 14 Nov 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2986209)   #130
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I don't think that anyone is arguing that time spent doing or watching something else can't possibly be more exciting than watching F1.

And there's no doubt that the MSV season ticket isn't good value.

In general the F1 races have been very good this year, as they have been over the past few years. Only those with rose tinted glasses could possibly disagree with that........
Old 14 Nov 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2986442)   #131
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
In general the F1 races have been very good this year, as they have been over the past few years. Only those with rose tinted glasses could possibly disagree with that........
Nobody would admit it, but just checking old threads that the last past seasons (4 years of so) one can see how good each one has been ! But people aren't satisfied...
Old 15 Nov 2011, 00:39 (Ref:2986475)   #132
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Nobody would admit it, but just checking old threads that the last past seasons (4 years of so) one can see how good each one has been ! But people aren't satisfied...
I'd agree with that. The most memorable race for me was Canada.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 18:41 (Ref:2987346)   #133
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a sport, sometimes it won't be a thriller.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:35 (Ref:2987443)   #134
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I don't think that anyone is arguing that time spent doing or watching something else can't possibly be more exciting than watching F1.

And there's no doubt that the MSV season ticket isn't good value.

I would agree the racing this year has been very good.
The racing in the immediately preceeding years was terrible to non existant! Kind of like Abu Dhabi without the flicker of interest of what happened to Vettel's tyre.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 00:57 (Ref:2987477)   #135
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The racing in the immediately preceeding years was terrible to non existant! Kind of like Abu Dhabi without the flicker of interest of what happened to Vettel's tyre.
I'd like to see Abu Dhabi off the calendar; apart from paying Bernie's fee does F1 really benefit from it?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2987480)   #136
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I'd like to see Abu Dhabi off the calendar; apart from paying Bernie's fee does F1 really benefit from it?
That is just not going to happen...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2987494)   #137
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
The racing in the immediately preceeding years was terrible to non existant!
What were you watching? !!!!!

With regard to Abu Dhabi: That race will continue to take place for as long as Ferrari has a big red building there.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2987497)   #138
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:

With regard to Abu Dhabi: That race will continue to take place for as long as Ferrari has a big red building there.
Spot on...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 10:33 (Ref:2987642)   #139
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Not very exciting prospect...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2987652)   #140
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Some would say that's not the fault of the track.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 12:28 (Ref:2987688)   #141
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Let's stick with the subject of the thread please..
Shame - the aero stuff is more interesting than the comments on the race...and indeed the race itself.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:43 (Ref:2987729)   #142
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Shame - the aero stuff is more interesting than the comments on the race...and indeed the race itself.
That's fine lets discuss that subject in a thread about aerodynamics..
Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2987776)   #143
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not really no!

There are some parts that could easily be modified though, if they could be bothered....
Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2987784)   #144
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Not really no!

There are some parts that could easily be modified though, if they could be bothered....
They were going to modify the circuit earlier in the year, but then were advised to hold off work until it was seen how effective the DRS was at making the racing more exciting to watch. I suspect that they'll be getting on with the work as soon as possible.....