2 1 1.69%
1 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Nov 2011, 18:38 (Ref:2985729)   #26
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
7. Had a best of the rest interest factor, with Vettel going out. Good action albeit rather artificial with the overtaking and then taking the place back again at the DRS zones.
This is my problem with DRS not to go off on that tangent...
Old 13 Nov 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2985741)   #27
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I fell asleep.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2985766)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This is my problem with DRS not to go off on that tangent...
Since you've done that. Imagine what the race would have been like without DRS. Even KERS had its part to play, as we saw with Button's performance. Without it, he was easy prey for Webber. With it, he was 6 seconds further down the road from Webber in just a couple of laps.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2985775)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Since you've done that. Imagine what the race would have been like without DRS. Even KERS had its part to play, as we saw with Button's performance. Without it, he was easy prey for Webber. With it, he was 6 seconds further down the road from Webber in just a couple of laps.
Yes it's a worry, although there were some passing moves made with out it during the first couple of laps..
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2985800)   #30
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 6. Vettel's spin was interesting - I think he would have won the race easily without it. A few good battles lower down the field, but nothing special.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2985804)   #31
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I gave it a 6. Vettel's spin was interesting - I think he would have won the race easily without it. A few good battles lower down the field, but nothing special.
Not today I think the Lewis would have had him at some point...
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2985816)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2 - very dull indeed. I slept more in that one than I have all season......

Although it was amusing that Vettel didn't use his trademark gesture to illustrate which lap he went out on.......

Quote:
I am going to watch this one again...

Good grief! Are you serious? Or have you just forgotten to pick up your sleeping pills from the chemist???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I thought it was rather fascinating. 8.

Man, that's it - I clearly must have watched the wrong race.......
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2985822)   #33
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Yes I have lost my mind, maybe it's my heart medication...
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2985828)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, there's no way surely that would have given you palpitations???
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2985839)   #35
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I prefer green to turquoise any day of the track!!
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzooooisy race - well done Lewis - deserved win methinks.
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2985918)   #36
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not bad for a dull track.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2985929)   #37
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by White flag man View Post
Not bad for a dull track.
It is a dull track and I think that's why I just couldn't get into the race today.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2985930)   #38
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I had missed the George McCartney moment. Poor Eddie.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2985951)   #39
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snoozeworthy
Old 14 Nov 2011, 03:07 (Ref:2985980)   #40
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny that the 1 race we're missing Vettel is one of the most boring races of the year.

Not sure if Vettel would have beaten Hamilton, but I think odds are he would have. Webber was fast, but just couldn't pass anyone. Vettel would have been out front and wouldn't have to do any passing, so Hamilton probably wouldn't have caught him. Especially seen as he barely even beat Alonso.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 08:10 (Ref:2986580)   #41
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Vettel departed on lap one, I was really interested to see how Button or Webber could take it to Hamilton. Unfortunately both had issues (KERS and just being slow) and Alonso didn't have much either.

I started dozing with ten laps to go, only stirring when Ricciardo retired.

I like Webber and have been following him since Mercedes sportscar days, but this really emphasises to me where Red Bull would be if he was their number one driver.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 03:20 (Ref:2988068)   #42
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Vettel out, McLarens well, boring at times.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 12:19 (Ref:2988212)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's strange that the one race in which Vettel didn't take part, also seems to be perceived has having been one of the most boring. Can't F1 get anything right? !!
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:15 (Ref:2988233)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's strange that the one race in which Vettel didn't take part, also seems to be perceived has having been one of the most boring. Can't F1 get anything right? !!
Of course not !

Or

For sure it can't !
Old 18 Nov 2011, 14:52 (Ref:2988269)   #45
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
If they chose to race on a boring track, what do you expect?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 17:30 (Ref:2988337)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
If they chose to race on a boring track, what do you expect?
All other series manage to race very well on it. But as soon as you put F1 cars on it...........
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2988394)   #47
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
All other series manage to race very well on it. But as soon as you put F1 cars on it...........
Personally I think the problem lies with Tilke. He races touring cars and from what I've heard touring car races are good at Yas Marina, so maybe he needs to get out in a single seater and look at designing tracks more from a single seater perspective.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 00:02 (Ref:2988552)   #48
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
The Australian V8 Supercars were spectacular at Yas Marina..
Old 19 Nov 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2988612)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
The Australian V8 Supercars were spectacular at Yas Marina..
And there you have it in a nut shell.

The GP2 races were apparently very good too.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 21:19 (Ref:2988882)   #50
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
As others have pointed out, other categories produce entertaining racing at Tilke's tracks. The problem doesn't lie with a touring car-centric design, it lies with F1, and the fact that the cars have too much downforce.