Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jul 2018, 17:51 (Ref:3836516)   #26
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hondas looking strong with Goff fastest at the test.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3838491)   #27
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dan Welch replaces Jake Hill -

https://www.itv.com/btcc/welch-retur...-at-snetterton

Oh how I hope they've sorted that VW because, being my favourite ever BTCC driver, I really want to see him up at the sharp end!
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:01 (Ref:3838499)   #28
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No disrespect but Welch has never been a great driver so I don't think he'll be able to do anything special and I can't see VW's turnaround.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3838501)   #29
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
No disrespect but Welch has never been a great driver so I don't think he'll be able to do anything special and I can't see VW's turnaround.
Have a watch of their Paddock Pass videos from 2013, because he put in some monumental performances in a car that was usually broken or being crashed in to.
Most meetings he was fighting in the top 10 - but yes, I'm not expecting much in the VW (especially with +45kg ballast)

Last edited by Evantra; 24 Jul 2018 at 14:15.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:15 (Ref:3838504)   #30
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Dan Welch replaces Jake Hill -

https://www.itv.com/btcc/welch-retur...-at-snetterton

Oh how I hope they've sorted that VW because, being my favourite ever BTCC driver, I really want to see him up at the sharp end!
anyone remember Thuxton, he was very secure podium position until some TOCA part failed on him , it was so heart breaking to see poor Dan denied a podium
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3838505)   #31
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Most meetings he was fighting in the top 10 - but yes, I'm not expecting much in the VW (especially with +45kg ballast)
aren't all cars free of ballast for the special race ?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3838508)   #32
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
aren't all cars free of ballast for the special race ?
Yes, but not sure if that applies to the driver change ballast?

I assume since we haven't heard anything there won't be tyre changes? In which case it looks like it'll be a RWD walkover...
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3838510)   #33
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yes, but not sure if that applies to the driver change ballast?

I assume since we haven't heard anything there won't be tyre changes? In which case it looks like it'll be a RWD walkover...
Gow has confirmed that there are no tyre changes, and the standard (medium) tyre will be used for the full race distance.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3838512)   #34
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Dan back but a massive shame it's in a dog of a car ran by a tinpot squad with champagne dreams and prosecco budget. A weekend outside the first 20 I suspect.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 14:49 (Ref:3838513)   #35
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Great to see Dan back but a massive shame it's in a dog of a car ran by a tinpot squad with champagne dreams and prosecco budget. A weekend outside the first 20 I suspect.
So you won't be wearing a pink bobble hat this weekend then?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3838517)   #36
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Dan is a solid replacement, good to see him back
Old 24 Jul 2018, 17:47 (Ref:3838547)   #37
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Gow has confirmed that there are no tyre changes, and the standard (medium) tyre will be used for the full race distance.
Well, that'll be a WSR podium lockout then...!
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3838550)   #38
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Will the heat - given it is significantly hotter than normal - be a cause for concern? It plus the longer race must be pushing things somewhat?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:38 (Ref:3838556)   #39
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Will the heat - given it is significantly hotter than normal - be a cause for concern? It plus the longer race must be pushing things somewhat?
From outside the UK - how much hotter is the track likely to be than it was at the test?
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:44 (Ref:3838558)   #40
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Remember Jack Goff last year - after a normal race distance his tyres were completely gone. Hope to be proved wrong, but I fear tyres will get in the way of a good race...

For everyone's sake I hope it cools down!
Old 24 Jul 2018, 18:54 (Ref:3838561)   #41
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
From outside the UK - how much hotter is the track likely to be than it was at the test?
From TSL, Thurs PM (hottest session) was 20.7 degC air, 44.4 degC track.

Forecast for Sun is 25 degC
Old 24 Jul 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3838576)   #42
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice to have Welch back.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 08:21 (Ref:3838657)   #43
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Well, that'll be a WSR podium lockout then...!
Don't bet on it. The BMW's have been chewing their rear tyres all year.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 09:21 (Ref:3838670)   #44
Evantra
Veteran

England
Possibly a special livery for Tordoff -

https://twitter.com/motorbase/status...898236416?s=21
Old 25 Jul 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3838685)   #45
Evantra
Veteran

England
Whorton-Eales replaces Boardman for Snetterton only -

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...h-back-to-btcc
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:19 (Ref:3838694)   #46
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Whorton-Eales replaces Boardman for Snetterton only -

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...h-back-to-btcc
Great to see Ant back. I guess Jake hands were tied by his previous team.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3838698)   #47
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Great to see Ant back. I guess Jake hands were tied by his previous team.
However both Rockingham and Knockhill clash with the MINI challenge, so....? Maybe Jake can get the seat for the rest of the season if they can get around the TBL requirements...
Old 25 Jul 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3838707)   #48
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
However both Rockingham and Knockhill clash with the MINI challenge, so....? Maybe Jake can get the seat for the rest of the season if they can get around the TBL requirements...

TBL requirements now allow two driver changes per season - bringing in Ant for Tom is the first so another driver can come in for Ant for the remainder
Old 25 Jul 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3838733)   #49
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ant will (unfortunately) definitely be replaced by someone after Snetterton round as it's clearly stated that's a one-off round for him. Hopefully it'll be Jake Hill who'll sit in MG for the rest of the season.
Old 25 Jul 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3838745)   #50
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least AMD and Team HARD have managed to find subs....