Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2020, 07:38 (Ref:3985457)   #51
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So glad the DAS problem has been sorted. Merc have simply been clever with the rules. No more need for protests

Racing Point already looking good as expected. This is the season where they can score big points
Old 4 Jul 2020, 07:43 (Ref:3985460)   #52
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Or Ferrari have one nearly ready to go, whereas Red Bull haven’t bothered so they need to protest.
I think you’ll find Red Bull have one pretty-much ready to bolt on.

Not so sure about Ferrari as I’m not sure the current leadership is up to thinking that far ahead.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 07:58 (Ref:3985464)   #53
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If Red Bull were doing this for a clear decision as to whether it is legal or not, so that they could develop their own, they could have sought clarification about the rule seperately months ago. No, this was mainly an attempt to disrupt their rivals, and the timing was designed to give maxium disruption *if* this was found to be against the rules.

All part of F1 team rivalry.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3985465)   #54
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I understand, they had to wait until the system was used on track as part of a race weekend.

The system was deemed legal by the FIA, but a protest had to wait until now because it needs to be lodged with stewards.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 08:24 (Ref:3985466)   #55
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
If Red Bull were doing this for a clear decision as to whether it is legal or not, so that they could develop their own, they could have sought clarification about the rule seperately months ago.
Lol, they did. But couldn’t bring it before the stewards until the stewards met officially. That is at a race meeting!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 11:15 (Ref:3985499)   #56
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I think it is likely more the other way round..... Horner said something in an interview that suggested they are developing something already.
I hadn’t picked up on Horner’s comment. Thanks

So this dangerous pseudo active suspension ist gut. Oh wait, that’s not the joke. DAS ist gut.
https://twitter.com/mercedesamgf1/st...764151296?s=21
Old 4 Jul 2020, 11:17 (Ref:3985500)   #57
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good stuff by the clever clogs at Mercedes. The FIA's verdict depends on a lot on the de facto exception made for steering on aerodynamic influence and Article 10.2.1 on the steering wheel being fixed separating the functions of suspension and steering.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3985501)   #58
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sounds like Horner wanted to make DAS was 100% legal before he bought his own system out. Certainly if his words are anything to go by, you never know what’s really beneath the surface sometimes
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:02 (Ref:3985509)   #59
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Certainly if his words are anything to go by, you never know what’s really beneath the surface sometimes

That would be a nut behind the wheel (a human body) at the front, and a power unit at the back. Plus some other bits and pieces.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3985510)   #60
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
As I understand, they had to wait until the system was used on track as part of a race weekend.

The system was deemed legal by the FIA, but a protest had to wait until now because it needs to be lodged with stewards.
This is my understanding as well. I may be remembering this wrong, but I think there may even be an example in the past of a team protesting their own car to obtain clarity from stewards on a particular concept?

Richard
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3985516)   #61
Born Racer Fan
Racer

Born Racer Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes - I think nothing is subject to protest until it competes on a Grand Prix weekend.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:23 (Ref:3985517)   #62
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After posting above, I found this article in which F1 is trying to resolve the issue of clarity only being available via race stewards at events.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...rsies/4824951/

Richard
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3985524)   #63
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Food morning/afternoon all.

Cant wait to see how the Merc drivers use DAS in quali. Proper footage via on boards i hope.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:51 (Ref:3985526)   #64
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Food morning/afternoon all.

Cant wait to see how the Merc drivers use DAS in quali. Proper footage via on boards i hope.
Good evening 'chilli'! (coming up to 11pm Saturday here)
Yep it will be intriguing although Merc said it was not a device that helps warm up of tyres for qualy laps. Il reserve judgement on that.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3985528)   #65
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lol Right right...means i get to have a bevy because it is evening somewhere!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:04 (Ref:3985533)   #66
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Would have liked to see footage of them working on Bottas' car both under a time crunch and under the covid protocols... impressive that they got him ready really.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:05 (Ref:3985535)   #67
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Lol Right right...means i get to have a bevy because it is evening somewhere!
Hehehe sun is well past the yard-arm here!
Qualy is go go go.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:42 (Ref:3985544)   #68
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Ferrari
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:43 (Ref:3985545)   #69
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well now, Vettel out in Q2 (11th). Leclerc 10th. Albon chucked a flyer in right at the end of Q2 to be 3rd behind the two Mercs.

This isn't playing out quite how it looked in practice!
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:45 (Ref:3985547)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel's bumped out of Q3 by Albon, who finishes 3rd in Q2.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:46 (Ref:3985548)   #71
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Is there any doubt now, that ferrari had a dodgy engine last year? Only 19th fastest on the straights.....

Max on Mediums for the start of the race, that could prove to be a master stroke by Red Bull
Old 4 Jul 2020, 13:57 (Ref:3985549)   #72
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Getting to the pointy end now.

Hope the McLaren pair can go well, they're looking good for the 3rd row at the moment.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3985550)   #73
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wow. Norris in 4th!

Shall I start the conspiracy theory that Bottas ran off through the gravel on purpose?
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:02 (Ref:3985551)   #74
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bottas takes himself off but it looks like he still has pole.
Old 4 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3985553)   #75
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Looking forward to see what Max can do an an alternative strategy from 3rd. Norris in 4th wow.

Must be a big boost for Bottas that Ham couldn't deliver.

Great looking grid for tomorrow

Why did Stroll peel off on that final outlap?