Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:35 (Ref:4008910)   #51
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
He's a good engineer, that's for sure. If he can't get budget together for next year then I would reckon someone will snap him up for his engineering prowess. Mr Hollamby perhaps? No Butcher or Bushell and they've gone from winners to also rans - coincidence?
Same engineering running Jake’s car that ran Tordoff’s last year, who came from Eurotech, no deficiencies on the engineering side, not knocking Bushell he’s a great engineer, but him not being at AmD isn’t why they aren’t so close to the sharp end . The only difference this year is the new cars have moved forward. Ask TPCR too, Gornall & Thompson are matching Jake’s times from last year & are only making the points & rarely the top ten let alone the podium.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:38 (Ref:4008911)   #52
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
https://www.btcc.net/2020/08/19/pmr-back-on-track-in-the-btcc/

I think they were getting confused and referring to him driving Tordoff's car.

The important point though is surely not which car he engineered in the past, but that PMR are now down an engineer and driving coach? Does that make Constable's weekend harder?
Don’t think Bushell engineered Austin or Edwards, he was posting on Instagram from home both weekends. However I wasn’t in the paddock so could be wrong.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 21:44 (Ref:4008913)   #53
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Announcement from Trade Price Cars tomorrow at 8am. I won't be surprised if it's a replacement for James Gornall. I get the feeling his frustrated at all the engine/gearbox issues he's had of late.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 22:26 (Ref:4008916)   #54
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Announcement from Trade Price Cars tomorrow at 8am. I won't be surprised if it's a replacement for James Gornall. I get the feeling his frustrated at all the engine/gearbox issues he's had of late.
I'm sure it will be riveting stuff.
Old 6 Oct 2020, 22:44 (Ref:4008919)   #55
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
BTCC Rounds 19-21 Croft

Gornall has done alright, he just needs better reliability
Old 7 Oct 2020, 06:11 (Ref:4008945)   #56
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Gornall has done alright, he just needs better reliability
Funny how the older cars on the grid running the Swindon engine have had issues this year 🤔
Old 7 Oct 2020, 06:58 (Ref:4008948)   #57
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Same engineering running Jake’s car that ran Tordoff’s last year, who came from Eurotech, no deficiencies on the engineering side, not knocking Bushell he’s a great engineer, but him not being at AmD isn’t why they aren’t so close to the sharp end . The only difference this year is the new cars have moved forward. Ask TPCR too, Gornall & Thompson are matching Jake’s times from last year & are only making the points & rarely the top ten let alone the podium.
Ah, OK. So the competition having moved on and the AmD/ TPCR cars standing still you think. Sounds fair, the engines have been poor reliability wise to, far too much Jake Hill limping round or taking unscheduled mid race picnics.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:03 (Ref:4008951)   #58
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paul Rivett replaces Gornall.
http://www.btcc.net/2020/10/07/gkr-t...-btcc-line-up/
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:11 (Ref:4008954)   #59
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Rivetting you say?
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:14 (Ref:4008955)   #60
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Penny didn’t drop on your comment! Very good
Old 7 Oct 2020, 07:18 (Ref:4008957)   #61
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Ah, OK. So the competition having moved on and the AmD/ TPCR cars standing still you think. Sounds fair, the engines have been poor reliability wise to, far too much Jake Hill limping round or taking unscheduled mid race picnics.
Yep quite often Jake’s going quicker than the car did last year, but others are going quicker still, think both the Audi’s & FK2’s are showing their age. You are right Though Jake has lost loads of points and potential podiums with the engine woes. He’s doing well to be in the championship top ten.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 08:05 (Ref:4008961)   #62
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Don’t think so. I remember Louise Goodman interviewing him about engineering Butcher.
He engineered Butcher last season so she was probably referring to that.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 08:44 (Ref:4008965)   #63
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A shame to lose Gornall, but it's about time we saw Rivett in a touring car.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 17:38 (Ref:4009019)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame, Gornall was fast in minis and having been out of racing for a while since his British GT championship i thought that he might have been able to take another step forward.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 17:56 (Ref:4009023)   #65
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Shame, Gornall was fast in minis and having been out of racing for a while since his British GT championship i thought that he might have been able to take another step forward.
Not sure it was so much him, more the car being off the pace.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 22:13 (Ref:4009075)   #66
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would quite like to see Gornall back next season. Didn't he get a bit of a battering at Oulton and since then he's had terrible reliability issues.

Wonder if AMD/MB/TPRC will come back with some more modern machinery next year.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 22:23 (Ref:4009077)   #67
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
I would quite like to see Gornall back next season. Didn't he get a bit of a battering at Oulton and since then he's had terrible reliability issues.

Wonder if AMD/MB/TPRC will come back with some more modern machinery next year.
He just posted on Instagram along the lines of 'don't count me out, I'll be back' so hopefully that's true, and confirmed it was due to budget issues.

I hope so, though the Audis need replacing more than the Hondas and surely AmD / MB would get first dibs on any new cars. That's assuming TPC carries on with their AmD relationship.
Old 7 Oct 2020, 22:40 (Ref:4009078)   #68
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Be good if James is back before too long, he still has the potential to improve with more experience in the future
Old 7 Oct 2020, 23:55 (Ref:4009085)   #69
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I hope so, though the Audis need replacing more than the Hondas and surely AmD / MB would get first dibs on any new cars. That's assuming TPC carries on with their AmD relationship.
Whoever pays the money gets the cars.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 07:41 (Ref:4009113)   #70
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who owns the MB & TPC cars?
Old 8 Oct 2020, 08:10 (Ref:4009114)   #71
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really wish ITV would do a main feature on how the money side of BTCC works.

Getting sick to death of reading on the socials now about how drivers must be leaving because they don't like the car, because a family member has Covid, because they've got better offers elsewhere etc. Everything except they can't afford it.

The endless calls to just give a car to Jade Edwards are just as bad and now they're starting on Motorbase taking away Neates car and giving it to Butcher. As if Motorbase could afford to lose Neates money but of course they all think the drivers are paid to drive the cars...
Old 8 Oct 2020, 09:07 (Ref:4009118)   #72
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Who owns the MB & TPC cars?
The Civics are owned by AmD having purchased them with the TBLs from Eurotech at the end of 2018.

The Audis are owned by TPC, having purchased them with the TBLs from AmD. The deal between TPC and AmD was for AmD to run the cars for two years, a deal which expires at the end of 2020.

I am not sure if an extension to this deal exists, or whether TPC may be looking at someone else to run whatever car they field from 2021 onward.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 10:12 (Ref:4009131)   #73
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Weather at the moment looks "mixed". Saturday looks fairly dry, but Sunday looks like rain showers could be in the area.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 10:22 (Ref:4009134)   #74
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Saturday is forecast to be 14deg with a 60% chance of rain.

Sunday 11deg and Cloudy.
Accuweather updated to:

Saturday is forecast to be 12deg with periods of clouds and sunshine, 25% chance of rain.

Sunday 12deg and mainly cloudy, 8% chance of rain.
Old 8 Oct 2020, 10:23 (Ref:4009135)   #75
S griffin
Veteran

A bit of rain could really mix things up, I can’t wait to see what happens. As long as the rain isn’t as bad as it was in 08