Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 1 Apr 2001, 21:06 (Ref:76189)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Very interesting day's racing... where to begin ?

Jamie Spence is back - very impressive, but fell off in both races This was his first ride in 5 years and he started from pole with the new Duma Racing outfit.

Sato had a poor day - two shunts in race one and a conservative drive in race two.

James Courtney took the honours in race one after the shunt between Spence and Sato.

Matt Davies won race two - his maiden win - for the impressive Team Avanti.

American, Paul Edwards impressed.

Matt Gilmore won both scholorship class races... as predicted by our illustrious forum host, Marshal!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 09:40 (Ref:76441)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose I'd better leave any gloating about my prediction skills to the end of the season, but I was quite impressed by Gillmore over the weekend.

Very impressed by Team Avanti, what ever I said before hand, there's was a brilliant performance yesterday. Matt Davies in particular looked a lot smoother and more mature than in previous seasons.

Gimmi Bruni was very good too, particularly as he ended race 2 with a flat tyre. And Derek Hayes, Mr consistency with 2 3rds.

Not so good from Takuma (what were you doing man, where has the pace gone?) and Kiesa. Looks like an interesting year.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 19:53 (Ref:76690)   #3
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good start to the season, thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday - although annoyed to be sitting in traffic on the A43 whilst the first F3 race was on.
I was just sorting out my photos and was hunting around to find out who was in the second Avanti car.
Photos are now online at http://www.motorsport-photo.accelera...ptour20011.htm
Old 2 Apr 2001, 19:59 (Ref:76692)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also gutted about sitting in traffic jam - that wasn't expected!!

A good day though and looks good for the rest of the year.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 20:06 (Ref:76695)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oops, if I will insist on typing too fast then I will get my .s and /s muddled up
Correct link should be http://www.motorsport-photo.accelera...ptour20011.htm

Last edited by Carrie; 2 Apr 2001 at 20:07.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 21:51 (Ref:76743)   #6
Francesca
Veteran

Ajman
Hampshire
Francesca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah, I was stuck in the same traffic jam too.

Most impressed with Jamie Spence who didn't exactly fall off rather he was nudged by a certain Japanese driver!

Most pleased with Jamie agreeing to do a diary of his thoughts for each race weekend for my site - let's hope it comes to fruition.

Anyone notice Gimmi Bruni's blue hair? A bet apparently!

Anyone see Ronan Keating (there with Shane) and also Paul Stewart, looking very healthy. And some old guy from the Bill too. It seems the F3 paddock is becoming quite star studded!!!
Old 2 Apr 2001, 22:10 (Ref:76751)   #7
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Good start to the season, thoroughly enjoyed it yesterday - although annoyed to be sitting in traffic on the A43 whilst the first F3 race was on.
I was just sorting out my photos and was hunting around to find out who was in the second Avanti car.
Photos are now online at http://www.motorsport-photo.accelera...ptour20011.htm
I think there's a question in there somewhere and I think the Answer is Martin O'Connell. If it wasn't a question I appologise and will go back to kicking the track.

Last edited by Marshal; 2 Apr 2001 at 22:11.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 22:24 (Ref:76760)   #8
Carrie
Veteran

Hold on, hold on, there's a post gone missing here. Somebody (can't remember who) posted about Martin O'Connell in the post above mine and I was just commenting in response to that to say I'd been hunting out who'd been in that car so I could add the details to my photos.
I didn't imagine it, honest
Old 3 Apr 2001, 19:05 (Ref:77022)   #9
pv27uk
Racer

pv27uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrie
Hold on, hold on, there's a post gone missing here. Somebody (can't remember who) posted about Martin O'Connell in the post above mine and I was just commenting in response to that to say I'd been hunting out who'd been in that car so I could add the details to my photos.
I didn't imagine it, honest
You're not imagining it no, it was me that left that post, I clearly remember logging that, writing about O'Connell, and you replying.

As for where it's gone, I have no idea.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 19:14 (Ref:77027)   #10
pv27uk
Racer

pv27uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah right, it's been set up as a new topic, Team Avanti's 2nd driver. I've only just noticed that..