Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:47 (Ref:676550)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Schumi and Coulthard on driver rumours

Gazzetta dello sport has the following quotes:

Schumacher on a recent rumour that Jacques would be joining him at Ferrari:
"Cosa ne penso?
Francamente non penso nulla - ha detto Michael -. Ci sono un sacco di voci in giro e conosciamo i media: sappiamo quanto sia facile creare una voce e questa probabilmente è una di quelle storie. Francamente non ci vedo nulla di serio. E poi, io pensavo che volessimo migliorare la nostra situazione...".
----
"What do I think?
Frankly, I don't think anything about it. There are a bunch of rumours and we know about the media: we know how easiy it is to create rumours of this type. Frankly, I don't see anything that is to be taken seriously. And besides, I thought that we wanted to improve our situation here...."
----

Di Villeneuve ha parlato anche Coulthard, augurandogli di restare alla Bar. Forse per eliminare un altro pretendente al suo sedile in McLaren, per il quale lo scozzese si è "confermato" per l'ennesima volta. Le voci sul possibile arrivo di Montoya non lo turbano. "I cazzotti fanno male, non le storie... - racconta David -. E' vero che quest'anno non ho fatto molto bene in qualifica ma i miei tempi in gara sono stati nella media, e non credo di dovermi preoccupare. Conosco la mia posizione contrattuale". E chiude con una battuta su Barrichello: "Sapete cosa c'era scritto sui cartelli dell'invasore di Silverstone? Altro che messaggi religiosi... Era un avvertimento per Rubens: fermati, hai preso la macchina di Schumacher...".

Of Villeneuve Coulthard also spoke, telling him to stay at Bar. Maybe to eliminate another candidate for his seat at McLaren, for which the Scot "confirmed" himself for the nth time. Regarding the rumours of the arrival of Montoya, he was not perturbed. "Punches hurt, not stories... Its true that this year I was not good in qualifying, but my times during the race have been around what is expected, and I don't think I have to worry. I know my contractual position." And he ends with a comment about Barichello: "You know what else was written on the signs held by the guy who ran on the track at Silverstone? Besides religious messages... There was a message for Rubens: Stop, you took Schumacher's car.

I especially liked Schumi's comment about trying to improve Ferrari, and how Jacques presumedly would not serve that purpose...
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:53 (Ref:676556)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Re: Schumi and Coulthard on driver rumours

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
[B]Besides religious messages... There was a message for Rubens: Stop, you took Schumacher's car.

Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:55 (Ref:676558)   #3
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to agree JV would be a massive destabilising presence in the Ferrari team.

But I would love to see his talents show cased in Ferrari

And I have to confess to a Lump in my throat when I think about the Villeneuve name reunited with Ferrari.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 18:56 (Ref:676559)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I liked that one too!!!
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:04 (Ref:676564)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Let's be serious... non sense.

At the British GP, the TV commentator said that JV would stay at BAR because there are no vacant seats... WELL, that's a very elegant way to say he doesn't have elsewhere to go.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:27 (Ref:676581)   #6
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques going to Ferrari would be good but very unlikly.
think about it we are in the silly season and there rumours flying all over the place.
Villeneuve wil be staying at BAR next year because there are no other opportunities around in the big teams so he will have to stay.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:30 (Ref:676585)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jacques going to Ferrari is highly unlikely, because he would have to go and play second fiddle to Michael and knowing Jacques he would never do that .
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:32 (Ref:676588)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
At this point, I think Jacque$ would happily take that second fiddle.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 19:54 (Ref:676609)   #9
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What is the over/under bet on how many races into a season JV and MS would be before fisticuffs broke out whiel they were teammates?
Never forget #99
Old 31 Jul 2003, 20:03 (Ref:676615)   #10
Hungary 89
Racer

England
Midlands (England)
Hungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHungary 89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Let's be serious... non sense.

Well I never said (or Thought for that matter) It was ever likely to happen I just thought it was a nice idea.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 21:01 (Ref:676668)   #11
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
The "funniest" part in MS commentary was when he said about DC in Ferrari: "I thought we wanted to improve..." LOL (but not very polite!)
Old 31 Jul 2003, 21:48 (Ref:676687)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
He was talking about JV, not DC when he said that.
Old 31 Jul 2003, 23:22 (Ref:676737)   #13
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, I typed wrongly. It is *really* unpolite applied to Jacques, isn't it?
Old 31 Jul 2003, 23:29 (Ref:676739)   #14
beau
Racer

beau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He would of probably said the same about DC
Old 1 Aug 2003, 07:55 (Ref:676883)   #15
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Montoya.

But what about Ralf?
Old 1 Aug 2003, 14:30 (Ref:677258)   #16
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

But applied to DC it would not be "unpolite", lol!
Old 1 Aug 2003, 15:15 (Ref:677282)   #17
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really don't think there will be much change next year.
Drivers will be mostly unchanged for the major teams.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 19:07 (Ref:677412)   #18
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by KC
What is the over/under bet on how many races into a season JV and MS would be before fisticuffs broke out whiel they were teammates?

Melbourne after they collide and take out half the field? A rugby scrum!
Old 2 Aug 2003, 17:03 (Ref:677943)   #19
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why should they dump Rubens ? No reason, really. If they did, wouldn't Mark Webber be the next-best choice for #2 ?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 17:34 (Ref:677961)   #20
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For #2, yes.
That's it.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 17:47 (Ref:677973)   #21
Blue-eyed Devil
Rookie

Blue-eyed Devil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What amazes me isn't so much the snide comment in Jacques' direction - that's to be expected - but rather the whole "we want to improve our situation" issue. Suddenly not all too happy with Barrichello as his teammate anymore, is he?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 18:27 (Ref:677998)   #22
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He was just taking a swipe at Jacques, I don't think we need to go all Shakespeare over it.

The only possible way for Ferrari to improve their situation in the near future would be some new shoes...