Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 30 Jan 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3499037)   #1
JAPMagna
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sunbury-on-Thames
JAPMagna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Pearce & JA Pearce Engineering

Dear 10/10ers I write seeking help from fellow members with my research into the J.A. Pearce Engineering company (1962-1973), and the life of John Pearce himself.

After much intensive research into the story, many unanswered questions remain to which no one individual is likely to have the answers. What started as simple curiosity has grown into a labyrinthine investigation. Nevertheless, it has become my ambition to publish as accurate a record as possible of JAP’s extraordinary story.

John Pearce (not to be confused with his contemporary Jack Pearce of the Kincraft project) worked at the Warwick (/Peerless) car company in Slough, at the Cooper Car Co
of Surbiton and LawrenceTune in Acton while also building a car spares business operated from a double-decker bus in the old Staines railway sidings, before
establishing his base in Southall. From there he sold the JAP Magna-branded wheels, set himself up as a Formula 1 constructor and traded in increasingly exotic cars before vacating the motor/ motor sport trade around 1973, transferring his energies to farming in the Maidenhead area with his wife and daughter where he appears to have stayed for the rest of his life.

Magna wheels were also sold through an agent in the USA; The Motoring Shop (on Pearl Street, La Jolla, California) which no longer exists.

Pearce’s activities still polarise opinion and he was certainly nothing if not a colourful character.

I would be delighted to hear from his friends, colleagues, associates, customers and - especially - from any family members who might wish to share relevant memories or anecdotes, however seemingly insignificant, that might help bring his story to life. Messages can be sent directly to me via the contact page of the J.A. Pearce Engineering website ( http://japearceengineering.com/ ), or Facebook page: ( https://www.facebook.com/japearceengineering ) the contents of which might help stimulate fading memories.
Old 22 Apr 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3728286)   #2
socram
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
socram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsocram should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This pic was taken at Southall and I'm pretty sure outside John Pearce wheels. I have no idea of the characters in the pic, but I must have been suitably impressed with seeing a Ford Mustang!

Old 11 May 2018, 12:17 (Ref:3821490)   #3
JAPMagna
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sunbury-on-Thames
JAPMagna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Many thanks for posting the photo. Very evocative. It was definitely taken outside the Southall garage.

I've sent you a personal email.
Old 17 Dec 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3870877)   #4
Papasmurf
Rookie

Papasmurf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAPMagna View Post
Many thanks for posting the photo. Very evocative. It was definitely taken outside the Southall garage.

I've sent you a personal email.

Hi, RE the couple outside I am not sure of the chap on the left the other on the right is the late David Bueb who worked for John and is the Son of Ivor Bueb Jaguar driver at Le Mans