Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jan 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3015345)   #1
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Your Accommodation over Le Mans Week

Would be interesting to know where everybody stays over the Le Mans Week . We find for this Year ( and hope for the next Years ) B&B 10 km north from Le Mans .
Old 22 Jan 2012, 17:39 (Ref:3015359)   #2
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
Would be interesting to know where everybody stays over the Le Mans Week . We find for this Year ( and hope for the next Years ) B&B 10 km north from Le Mans .
Arriving on the Tuesday evening and camping in Houx with fellow forum member wewantourderbyback. Can't see how it gets any better to be honest.
Old 22 Jan 2012, 18:14 (Ref:3015376)   #3
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Arrive on the Sunday, staying on campsite adjacent to poste 106, as I'm one of the marshals/commissaires!

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!
Old 22 Jan 2012, 18:45 (Ref:3015385)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Arrive on the Sunday, staying on campsite adjacent to poste 106, as I'm one of the marshals/commissaires!

It doesn't get any better than that!!!!
Okay you may have a point there Steve. Whereabouts is 106?
Old 22 Jan 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3015387)   #5
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Okay you may have a point there Steve. Whereabouts is 106?
10.6 km around.

(Somewhere between Arnage and the Porsche Curves, Steve should know exactly where)
Old 22 Jan 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3015394)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We arrive on Wednesday and camp as always next to the track on terte rouge I expect the same Mob as always will be there again, once you have camped there you always return
Old 22 Jan 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3015396)   #7
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
10.6 km around.

(Somewhere between Arnage and the Porsche Curves, Steve should know exactly where)
Would be a big Surprise if Steve d'ont know the exactly Place .
Old 22 Jan 2012, 20:36 (Ref:3015435)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We should be arriving in France the preceding Sunday.

Staying nearby......
Old 22 Jan 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3015458)   #9
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope to be staying again with charming elderly French couple in their home in the housing estate behind the Expo...been staying there since 2001, i don't speak French, they don't speak English...thank heavens for the Auld Alliance!
Old 22 Jan 2012, 22:50 (Ref:3015487)   #10
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Arriving on the Tuesday evening and camping in Houx with fellow forum member wewantourderbyback. Can't see how it gets any better to be honest.
I knew you loved me
Old 23 Jan 2012, 03:25 (Ref:3015539)   #11
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We should be arriving in France the preceding Sunday.

Staying nearby......

Hello Neighbour ..
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3015607)   #12
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Will be a Le Mans two weeks! Arrive saturday 2nd of June at a campsite nearby, sunday 3rd Testday, and as it's no use driving back home for only a week, I'll stay at that campsite till sunday morning the 10th. Then I'll be at the gates of Houx in time when they'll open at 10 a.m.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 09:40 (Ref:3015609)   #13
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
As always wednesday morning arrival at campsite Houx!
Old 23 Jan 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3015698)   #14
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be arriving in Paris on Tuesday. Sightseeing Tuesday and Wednesday. Taking the train to Tours on Thursday where I'll stay for the weekend. I'll take the train into Le Mans back and forth on Friday for whatever presents itself. Bus it in on Saturday for the race, catch few hours of "sleep"in T17, back to Tours on Sunday. And then I'll fly home Monday or Tuesday.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 15:14 (Ref:3015715)   #15
Steptoe
Racer

England
10618 miles from Le Mans - NSW Australia
Steptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteptoe should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arrive at Houx mid week just in time for practice and the inevitable sun shine that will grace the circuit this year.
Old 23 Jan 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3015750)   #16
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I visted the race a number of times with a mate in the 1990's. We stayed with a charming couple who lived right in the Town Centre and had steel gates behind which we could park our car.
We were treated like royalty, and really, the 24 hour race just happened to be one of the many things that happened that weekend...

Happy days!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3016223)   #17
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
10.6 km around.

Indeed, 10.6kms around the circuit. Arnage is 10.0kms, so we are 0.6 kms along the return "straight" towards Porsche curves which start at 11.5kms. On the public map, Chemin du Tertre, Arnage is the road that we stay in.

Oh, and this is the ninth time in ten years that I'll be marshalling the 24 hours, plus 1 Classic, so yes I think I know where this is!!!!!!
Old 24 Jan 2012, 16:32 (Ref:3016263)   #18
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Oh, and this is the ninth time in ten years that I'll be marshalling the 24 hours, plus 1 Classic, so yes I think I know where this is!!!!!!
Off topic - but I have to chime in here. Last year was my first time and I have to say I was really impressed with the mashalling job done by you guys. No slacking, no missed blue flags, no mistakes...at least from my perspective.