Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Aug 2019, 12:40 (Ref:3921127)   #226
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry I didn’t get to say hello on the pitwalk, I asked after you but they didn’t know where you were....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4 Aug 2019, 20:13 (Ref:3921375)   #227
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Good day at Brands today. Weather great, good qualifying session, looking forward to the race tomorrow.

We haven't had a safety car in a GT race since Oulton. Will we get a run out tomorrow?
my bad - Mr Loggie paid me a visit at very short notice
Old 5 Aug 2019, 11:30 (Ref:3921494)   #228
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Mr Geddie did, sure

Great weekend. Good to see so many friends, albeit I missed Aysedasi by a matter of feet and an urgent "have to do now" job. Next time!

The race was interesting. The Geddie incident was awfully big, we got a long run out as a result, and the championship goes to the final round after the 47 romped home in the lead.

Bit of a break now. See you in September, folks!
Old 5 Aug 2019, 13:45 (Ref:3921518)   #229
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It was my first British GT visit with the excitement that is always added by having a team to follow. Lovely weather all weekend even if Brands is seriously tiring to get around on foot.... . Really enjoyed it.
Old 5 Aug 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3921595)   #230
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had to miss this one due to having already committed to the BTCC at Snetterton, but I've bookmarked it on GT World's Youtube channel for viewing later in the week. The good news is that I've got the 15th September off work, so Donington here I come.
Old 6 Aug 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3921647)   #231
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Cracking race, there were some good battles going on right the way through the order for pretty much the whole 2 hours. Still gutted about the fencing out on the loop though
Old 6 Aug 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3921669)   #232
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
There's a great spot sans fencing up from Hawthorns where Bentley03 and I 'camped' for the whole race. No fencing.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 09:46 (Ref:3921797)   #233
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
There's a great spot sans fencing up from Hawthorns where Bentley03 and I 'camped' for the whole race. No fencing.
I popped up to the fence free bit of Hawthorns for a while but it's the loss of Westfield, Dingle Dell, Sheene - Stirlings and the run down to Clearways that's really annoying. I like to move about a bit and see how the cars tackle the different corners (and take photos). I used to do both days of a meeting on the GP loop but now just do the one day.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3921804)   #234
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, good point. We stayed where we were because a 2 hour race is just a sprint for us...... I did walk the whole thing (as much as is possible) the day before though. I was shattered....
Old 7 Aug 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3921841)   #235
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yeah, good point. We stayed where we were because a 2 hour race is just a sprint for us...... I did walk the whole thing (as much as is possible) the day before though. I was shattered....
Glad you enjoyed it Andrew, might be there this weekend for the DTM as it is only 15 minutes drive for me
Old 7 Aug 2019, 19:57 (Ref:3921856)   #236
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
I'm a lightweight - 2 hours is real endurance racing for me I'm used to club level racing (20 minutes max) or rallycross (blink and you'll miss it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Glad you enjoyed it Andrew, might be there this weekend for the DTM as it is only 15 minutes drive for me
I'll be back at Brands for one day this weekend I think - having seen the DTM cars on the Indy Circuit the difference when they were on the full circuit last year was incredible. They were impressive on the Indy circuit but once they go out onto the loop - blimey! The speed they carry through the corners is seriously impressive and the lap times blow the GT3 cars into the weeds.
Old 7 Aug 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3921866)   #237
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The interesting thing for me is that it's starting to rekindle the desire to see a bit more motor racing. For years now my annual 'diet' has been limited to Le Mans and the WEC at Silverstone. This season I've now caught a meeting at Donington, BTCC at Thruxton (again another visit after a lot of years) and British GT at Brands. DTM is a thought for the future as will probably be some more historic racing, particularly when I have more time on my hands after retirement.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 05:13 (Ref:3921892)   #238
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The interesting thing for me is that it's starting to rekindle the desire to see a bit more motor racing. For years now my annual 'diet' has been limited to Le Mans and the WEC at Silverstone. This season I've now caught a meeting at Donington, BTCC at Thruxton (again another visit after a lot of years) and British GT at Brands. DTM is a thought for the future as will probably be some more historic racing, particularly when I have more time on my hands after retirement.
You should plan to do Spa.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 08:47 (Ref:3921913)   #239
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
You should plan to do Spa.
The Spa 24 hours is one I'd like to do - that appeals to me more than Le Mans.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3921978)   #240
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, it has to be on the list.
Old 8 Aug 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3921981)   #241
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Any race at Spa is good, great circuit and a must visit for all race fans what ever the cars they like watching
Old 3 Sep 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3925632)   #242
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 300th British GT race will feature a display of historic cars.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...00th-race.html
Old 3 Sep 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3925648)   #243
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The 300th British GT race will feature a display of historic cars.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...00th-race.html
Little dissapointed they won't be properly used on track.Only a parade. Some of the examples still race such as the Mosler and TVR.
Old 7 Sep 2019, 09:02 (Ref:3926315)   #244
B0U170NS
Racer

B0U170NS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if we will see the Mark Poole/ Richard Abra porsche for the Donnington finale. They were testing at Donington this week and no one seems to know where they plan to race the car.
Old 12 Sep 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3927583)   #245
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see a Audi R8 GT3 will be on display in the paddock at Donington.

Could be on the grid next year.

https://www.britishgt.com/news/542
Old 15 Sep 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3928075)   #246
Willmaz223
Veteran

The 720s GT3 is certainly very quick. Second pole in a row and topped both Pro and Am session. Hope it gets the win it deserves.
Old 15 Sep 2019, 14:38 (Ref:3928122)   #247
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
.....and there you go....... Happy for the team as my lad is part of it.....
Old 16 Sep 2019, 14:23 (Ref:3928336)   #248
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
The 720s GT3 is certainly very quick. Second pole in a row and topped both Pro and Am session. Hope it gets the win it deserves.
It did, and I can confirm that even the basic road-going model is very quick as I've been sitting in the orange & blue one all season. We had an awful lot of fast runs over the weekend which were very entertaining

Quote:
.....and there you go....... Happy for the team as my lad is part of it.....
That late-race contact from the WPI car was unfortunate, but the number of possible permutations going into the race meant that any contact was going to get scrutinised. My calculating brain was in overdrive when I had the time during the race, working out at several points the finishing margin and champions-elect.

I've had a belter of a year. Here's to more of it in 2020!
Old 16 Sep 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3928409)   #249
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
It did, and I can confirm that even the basic road-going model is very quick as I've been sitting in the orange & blue one all season. We had an awful lot of fast runs over the weekend which were very entertaining

That late-race contact from the WPI car was unfortunate, but the number of possible permutations going into the race meant that any contact was going to get scrutinised. My calculating brain was in overdrive when I had the time during the race, working out at several points the finishing margin and champions-elect.

I've had a belter of a year. Here's to more of it in 2020!
This has been a great year for British GTs - Ful grids backed up by some great races to entertain some of the biggest crowds I've seen outside the BTCC. I managed to get to both Donington rounds, Snetterton and Silverstone this year and had a good time at all of them (it helped that they were all dry!).

Let's hope they can keep up the momentum.
Old 17 Sep 2019, 21:06 (Ref:3928582)   #250
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one if anyone interested, here's my vid from Sundays race trackside. Been great to fallow Brit GT this year as the racing been so close and for most part very clean, hard but fair racing. Roll on next year and more of the same

https://youtu.be/U04CJzmbRfI