Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:32 (Ref:1043565)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
A Question Of Numbers

This has been touched on in various threads, and I realise it's a big task, but perhaps we can club together to build an accurate picture.

How many potential customer prototype chassis are out there, and who owns them? How many Riley & Scott Mk IIICs are there? Lola B2K/10s? Lola B01/60s? Dallara LMPs? Dome S101s?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:37 (Ref:1043571)   #2
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Oh, forgot Courage C60s and Crawford SSC2Ks.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:51 (Ref:1043581)   #3
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting question B-Fan. Well...

There is a Panoz LMP1 for sale on 962.com for $550,000.

Kondo has a Dome S101 and RfH have two. Thought there was one more team, but can't think of the name at the moment. That would be four.

Lienhardt (former Doran cars) has two Dallaras I thought. Rollcentre have two. Spinnaker has one. And I thought there were one or two more. At least six I think.

There's the former E-bay Audi and Goh still have their older Audi chassis. So that's two '00 spec R8's out there.

But I'm no expert.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:54 (Ref:1043582)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Oh, and what became of the Panoz LMP07s after they were fitted with Mugen engines? Does Multimatic still have them?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 15:57 (Ref:1043585)   #5
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, that's what I heard. There were two correct? They may not still have them though.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:13 (Ref:1043599)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by jhansen

Kondo has a Dome S101 and RfH have two. Thought there was one more team, but can't think of the name at the moment. That would be four.
Does Hugh Chamberlain still have one?- he ran the Kondo entry at Le Mans 2002, which was chassis no 01, the ex-John Nielsen car It then ran in a couple of late 2002 season ALMS races- Laguna Seca and PLM- under the Chamberlain banner, for Milka Duno amongst others.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that car's raced since- Kondo's 2003/4 Le Mans entries used a new car, chassis 04
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1043610)   #7
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by BSchneiderFan
Oh, forgot Courage C60s and Crawford SSC2Ks.
Is the Crawford ACO-legal? As far as I recall, it only ever raced in Grand-Am, and I've got a feeling it wasn't ACO-legal for some reason- if it isn't, then we can discount it as a potential customer chassis, unless it's possible to either homologate it retrospectively with the ACO, or modify it to meet the new regs and get it approved as a new LMP1, much as Nasamax have done....

I think the same situation would apply to the modified R&S 3C that Robinson ran in Grand-Am- From memory the modifications to the nose of that car weren't ACO-approved, so it never ran in an ALMS race....
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:26 (Ref:1043613)   #8
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the car run at Laguna seca and PLM was the Kondo car. it even had the same livery as the Kondo one.

I think theres 4 domes total. 2 for RFH, 1 for Kondo/Chamberlain, and 1 for Arena(their possible lm entry?)
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:38 (Ref:1043630)   #9
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Yep. Arena was the name I was looking for.

Also we have the Creation DBA, Factory Zytek and the Team Jota Zytek.

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Jul 2004 at 16:41.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1043633)   #10
KA
Veteran

I reckon there are 5 Lola B01/60 out there, if what I've worked out from a quick trawl through Racingsportscars.com is correct:

Dyson currently have 2- one new to them in 2002 (chassis 005), and one ex-Knighthawk (chassis 004).

Intersport have one (chassis 001, now converted to Judd V8)

RML have one (chassis 002, ex-works)

The original MG 'works' Le Mans entries were chassis 002 (now with RML) and 003

I reckon this leaves 003 unaccounted for- the chassis Intersport ran in a mixture of works and Intersport colours while their original was being rebuilt after it's big accident last year- I think, but can't swear, that it was leased from Chamberlain

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...-08-24-037.jpg

presumably it's back with Chamberlain, unless anyone knows differently?

Last edited by KA; 22 Jul 2004 at 16:52.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:56 (Ref:1043643)   #11
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Tim knows more about the Riley and Scott cars than I do, but here goes.

AutoCon has one. Intersport has two (Mathews cars)? The factory ran one at one point. Dyson ran two also didn't they? But I might be overlapping now. And the Robinson car (which is not ACO legal).

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Jul 2004 at 16:58.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 16:58 (Ref:1043645)   #12
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
the car run at Laguna seca and PLM was the Kondo car. it even had the same livery as the Kondo one.
Correct- it did

Quote:
I think theres 4 domes total. 2 for RFH, 1 for Kondo/Chamberlain, and 1 for Arena(their possible lm entry?)
...but I'm sure I've read that Kondo's Mugen-engined 2003/4 Le Mans car- the red/black-liveried one, was a new chassis, which would make 5- or even 6, if the Arena car was intended to be a new chassis, and not the ex-Nielsen/Kondo/Chamberlain one-

Anyone able to shed more light on this?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1043656)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

ohh ok. your probably right.

what about Reynard's guys?

we know in 2000, there was a Matthew's chass, 2 Oreca, and 2 ROC. one of the ROC's was sold to Nasamax (Car 28), where Roc still has one(the noel del bello one). The Oreca and Matthews chassis's were 01Q's. I know Goddard now owns the 2 ex Barbour 01Q's.

so heres a quick list of possible Reynard 01Q/2KQ

2 Oreca 01Q(2000 le Mans)
2 Goddard 01Q(ex Barbour)
1 Dyson? (remember Daytona 2000?)
1 Matthews 01Q (what has happened to this?)
1 Noel Del Bello 2KQ
2 Nasamax (one original i think, then the 2nd one was bought from Roc for spares)

so possibly 8 or 9 total?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1043679)   #14
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Matthews had two Reynard chassis at Mosport in 2000.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 17:47 (Ref:1043702)   #15
19dodge
Veteran

oh wow.. this makes it even more confusing.. lol

i will do some research with chassis numbers, and see what i come up with
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:06 (Ref:1043722)   #16
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I'd forgotten all about the Reynard.

Were the Multimatic Panoz LMP07s the ex-works cars with the 4-litre Elan engines removed, or were they additional chassis?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:17 (Ref:1043732)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I want to say they were the originals. But I'm not certain.

It's also hard to know who rented or purchased a chassis. Some were limited race agreements and so forth. Very confusing indeed.

Last edited by jhansen; 22 Jul 2004 at 18:18.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:35 (Ref:1043744)   #18
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by KA
Correct- it did

...but I'm sure I've read that Kondo's Mugen-engined 2003/4 Le Mans car- the red/black-liveried one, was a new chassis, which would make 5- or even 6, if the Arena car was intended to be a new chassis, and not the ex-Nielsen/Kondo/Chamberlain one-
Anyone able to shed more light on this?
Sorry- just noticed I'd lost the ability to count during that post- what I meant to say was 4 Domes (2xRFH, 1x Nielsen/Kondo/Chamberlain, 1x 'new' Kondo), plus maybe a fifth depending on whether the proposed Arena LM entry was to be a new car or not-

this is a complicated enough subject without me confusing things by not being able to add up...
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:49 (Ref:1043751)   #19
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by 19dodge
ohh ok. your probably right.
what about Reynard's guys?
we know in 2000, there was a Matthew's chass, 2 Oreca, and 2 ROC. one of the ROC's was sold to Nasamax (Car 28), where Roc still has one(the noel del bello one). The Oreca and Matthews chassis's were 01Q's. I know Goddard now owns the 2 ex Barbour 01Q's.
so heres a quick list of possible Reynard 01Q/2KQ
2 Oreca 01Q(2000 le Mans)
2 Goddard 01Q(ex Barbour)
1 Dyson? (remember Daytona 2000?)
1 Matthews 01Q (what has happened to this?)
1 Noel Del Bello 2KQ
2 Nasamax (one original i think, then the 2nd one was bought from Roc for spares)
so possibly 8 or 9 total?
Redman-Bright ran an 01Q in the 2001 FIASCC season for Mark Smithson/Peter Owen- any ideas where this went?- Could this be the original Nasamax car?

Another very vague thought- did Doran have a Reynard for a while, before dumpimg it in favour of putting a Judd in their 333SP?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 18:58 (Ref:1043758)   #20
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I remember this correctly from a post a long time ago:

Dyson's R&S MkIIIC was the car that American Spirit bought, and it ultimately became the AutoCon Car....

The Intersport cars were the Matthews cars....and that was the "Factory" program....

and Robinson bought and revised his R&S, that couldn't be raced as an ACO car because the revisions were done by someone else (John Mills?) and were so extensive that the car would have to be crash tested....

Those are the only R&S MkIIICs that I know of that exist...

a fifth one was built, but it went through the crash test to get ACO and FIA approval....

and I believe that someone also posted a while back (Pi Gamma was his name?) that there were only 5 built...

But I could be wrong...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:13 (Ref:1043773)   #21
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Guess what boys...we still haven't delved into the Lola B2K-10's! Taurus has two. Does Intersport still have one, or did they sell it?
Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:17 (Ref:1043776)   #22
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From waht I read the other day in another thread, Intersport sold their Lola to Taurus...

One of the Taurus Lolas is a new chassis...

and the Third was the old Olive Garden car that ran a few years ago in ALMS....

Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1043782)   #23
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I didn't realize Taurus had three cars.
Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:33 (Ref:1043790)   #24
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
That's what someone posted in a recent thread...maybe the Taurus Diesel Win thread???? or the Intersport to run the R&S thread...

I raised the question, because someone mentioned the Intersport Lola being bought by Taurus, adn I mentioned the Olive Garden car and the response I got was that they have 3 cars....

Old 22 Jul 2004, 19:39 (Ref:1043795)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
That's quite a collection. I wonder if they will go the NASAMAX hybrid route then.