Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Mar 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1259094)   #26
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic!!! ....

"ah oh boy! ah Oh God! ah oh boy ah Oh God..."

Last edited by ralf fan; 22 Mar 2005 at 19:16.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 21:23 (Ref:1259205)   #27
Driver
Racer

Australia
Bundaberg, Queensland
Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Murray was at the Clipsal 500 in Adelaide on the weekend (V8 Supercars) and did the on track commentry with the usual mob. He was brilliant. He hasn't watched a race before he said and he was calling out the correct name and numbers, pointing out others mistakes and like someone said above, truly is a fan's commentator. He has lost none of his skill and passion.

He also went was the lead on the drivers parade and got the biggest cheer!
Old 22 Mar 2005, 23:33 (Ref:1259308)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That really sounds like Murray at his best. What a true professional and lovely bloke. In that song I love the quote "what a boring sport formula 1 is!", which I'm sure he was saying in sarcasm. I love the use of Brundle's joke about Rosset as well.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 00:52 (Ref:1259380)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a rubbish song, but Murray was great.

He never pretended to be an expert, but was. He also, contrary to the superficial persona, could express himself very well. If you think about it and compare it to what we have now it makes you weep.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 02:21 (Ref:1259397)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Sad to say I never had the pleasure of hearing Murray Walker commentating..So James Allen is that bad is he?
Old 23 Mar 2005, 02:37 (Ref:1259401)   #31
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a word, yes.
Old 23 Mar 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1259733)   #32
bastinscully
Racer

England
Oxford
bastinscully should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Sad to say I never had the pleasure of hearing Murray Walker commentating..So James Allen is that bad is he?
Its just the Silly comments James says, "easy peasy lemon squeazey" was one phrase he said when Montoya overtook someone. Just give the Job to Ben Edwards at least he doesn`t try to be Murray!
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:17 (Ref:1260082)   #33
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If you want to know how bad James Allen is, click here: (sorry for using this link again) http://www.dotdotdotcomma.com/motors...phrasebook.php
Old 23 Mar 2005, 19:20 (Ref:1260087)   #34
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Oh leave James alone you rotten lot!

( spoken like someone who no longer gets ITV )
Old 24 Mar 2005, 02:54 (Ref:1260353)   #35
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
If you want to know how bad James Allen is, click here: (sorry for using this link again) http://www.dotdotdotcomma.com/motors...phrasebook.php
Thank you Boots I went and read, what can one say what a complete nitwit he is it must drive you guys nuts...
Old 26 Mar 2005, 00:41 (Ref:1262018)   #36
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I miss Raymond Baxter!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 00:48 (Ref:1262022)   #37
Dog Faced Boy
Racer

England
Kingston upon Hull,Laaandon Essseeeeeexx
Dog Faced Boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think your all a bit hard on James Allen. Those are big boots to fill. Is Schunackers replacement gonna get the same grilling in a few years time?
Old 26 Mar 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1262198)   #38
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Schumachers replacement probably won't talk tedious, banal, mind crushingly dull crap, whilst throwing in innaccurate statements and patronising material that was seemingly designed to infuriate audiences and set James up for a massive public backlash. And he probably won't call his son Enzo either.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 12:09 (Ref:1262248)   #39
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
In fairness, the joke James gave after his son was born (that neither Ron nor Bernie went with his surname) slightly made up for that choice of name. Otherwise, every word of criticism is true, and it's no surprise that there aare so many petitions against the guy (although the language used in some of them is excessive, you'd be forgiven for thinking he was a kiddy-fiddler rather than a poor motor racing commentator).
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1262464)   #40
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Murray spoilt F1 with his ridiculous and biast ramblings for FAR too many years.
James Allen is annoying but is still 100x better than Murray ever was.
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:45 (Ref:1262473)   #41
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NUTTER!
I demand the above poster to be banned with immediate effect!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:47 (Ref:1262475)   #42
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teehee, I knew that bad post button was there for some reason
Old 26 Mar 2005, 19:56 (Ref:1262481)   #43
Formula Juan
Racer

Formula Juan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
NUTTER!
I demand the above poster to be banned with immediate effect!
Old 26 Mar 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1262531)   #44
Casseopeia
Rookie

Casseopeia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't like him much. Is that mean? I really don't think so. James Allen is on my list of dislikes, along with mustard, onions, white stiletos, Fiat Puntos and George Michael.