Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Feb 2011, 21:53 (Ref:2833988)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Jag GT2 - perhaps.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/4...e-Concept.html
Apparently, Bertone will make a GT2 (mock-up) version of this concept and present it.
Could this become a new GT2 Jag, maybe with proper factory support?
Old 19 Feb 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2833997)   #2
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Apparently, Bertone will make a GT2 (mock-up) version of this concept and present it.
Gee, I hope not. It looks better suited to the lawn bowls car park.
Old 19 Feb 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2834000)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

It could have potential...
Old 21 Feb 2011, 15:51 (Ref:2834714)   #4
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
It looks like they rebadged the Maserati Concept...
If anything, I'd expect the F type to get GT2'd.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 16:14 (Ref:2834724)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Personally, I think I'd rather see this...

http://jalopnik.com/#!5766096/jaguar...otos/gallery/2
Old 21 Feb 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2834738)   #6
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
wow.........! I like the way that captures the E Type's rear end, not too keen on the front, but that rear end!
Old 21 Feb 2011, 20:45 (Ref:2834856)   #7
Jaguarman1
Rookie

England
Warwickshire
Jaguarman1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry, I really don't think so.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:07 (Ref:2834910)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Does nothing for me and not really the kind of thgnk I'd be excited to see on the racetrack.......
Old 22 Feb 2011, 09:54 (Ref:2835090)   #9
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe Jags decided they at least can't be lapped if no one can get around their car on track? That would be huge compared to prototypes and the rear suicide doors would look really out of place on a racer, even when they were blocked in.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2835112)   #10
Thumper
Racer

Thumper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely, if Jag was thinking seriously about a new GT car, they'd start with something they're already working on? Couldn't that be based around the C-X75?

Old 22 Feb 2011, 15:53 (Ref:2835244)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Maybe Jags decided they at least can't be lapped if no one can get around their car on track? That would be huge compared to prototypes and the rear suicide doors would look really out of place on a racer, even when they were blocked in.
If I'm reading the dimensions right, it's a bit shorter than the XKR, but wider and taller- but like the XJ12C in CTD's post further up the thread, it's every inch a touring car, rather than a sportscar/GT.

As a reinvention of the old XJ Coupe, I like it, but I really can't see it fighting it out with Corvettes and 458s at Le Mans. I could imagine it racing against other big V8 saloons in something like the Italian Superstars series though...
http://www.superstars.it/Resources/a...tors%20WEB.jpg

Jag's own CX-75 concept looks much more on the mark- does it say anything in the ACO GTE regs about gas turbines...?
Old 22 Feb 2011, 21:11 (Ref:2835353)   #12
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The CX-75 looks like an evolution or two down the line from a TWR 220s.

Old 23 Feb 2011, 00:13 (Ref:2835409)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Never did like them!
That windscreen is huge, til you sit in there, and cannot see out...
Old 23 Feb 2011, 00:16 (Ref:2835410)   #14
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
As regards those E Type renders? Why do they show it parked under a SAAB Viggen????
I reeally don't get it, sorry.

Pretty car, but horendous aero. E Types generate massive lift over 150MPH. Without many hours in Red Bull's tunnel, anyway.
Old 23 Feb 2011, 07:42 (Ref:2835474)   #15
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That CX looks awesome!