Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:26 (Ref:2820549)   #26
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, I know they're pretty common. Usually those don't appear for only a brief window of time when an individual is under an FIA ban though!

I think it's fairly common for businessmen to dissociate their racing from their professional life, though I've not quite figured out why in most cases. Maybe investors could still see it as a risk?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:33 (Ref:2820552)   #27
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
John Winter/Louis Krages didn't want his mother to find out... worked quite well until he won at Le Mans.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:49 (Ref:2820563)   #28
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here, so don't take this too seriously, but it's not like pseudonyms are exactly uncommon in motorsports... "John Winter" comes to mind, and then there's also a "Bugs Bunny" in VLN.
John Winter disguised his name (Louis Krages) , so his mother wouldnt find out about his exploites .

Mike Thackwell disguised his age , so he could go F1 with Tyrrell .

I disguised my age so I could start working for an international company ..... said I was 21 when I was 17 ..... got away with it , but that was 23 years ago now . That doesnt really make me an untrustworthy person , does it ? There was a reason behind it , get the job or dont , I got the job .

But point taken about De Silva .
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:50 (Ref:2820565)   #29
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
John Winter/Louis Krages didn't want his mother to find out... worked quite well until he won at Le Mans.
Or until he was killed . Sad that was ..... in the DTM for Joest Opel .
Old 25 Jan 2011, 22:16 (Ref:2820578)   #30
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
I disguised my age so I could start working for an international company ..... said I was 21 when I was 17 ..... got away with it , but that was 23 years ago now . That doesnt really make me an untrustworthy person , does it ? There was a reason behind it , get the job or dont , I got the job .

But point taken about De Silva .
Something about the justness of breaking unjust rules or something...who knows?!

I'll be honest, I wasn't holding my breath for Woodard Racing in the first place. I would not be shocked if they manage to race an FLM car a few times, but from the Lola interview on DSC, they will have had to order the P2 already for it to appear before mid-season unless other chassis providers have significantly shorter lead times, and given that the chassis itself wasn't the big lead-time item...
Old 25 Jan 2011, 23:29 (Ref:2820608)   #31
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Now, did Davy Jones lie about his age, or just start racing in Canada first?

I can't quite remember.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2820634)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

There are many strange stories concerning motorsports .

For example TWR , was financed from the famous white ski slopes .

Ronnie Meixner and his exploding cocoa ships .

Whittington Brothers and their fabulous crashing Mustang .

Paul sr & jr in prison for ending someones term on this planet .

Kölles ..... nobody knows where the dentist gets his wedge , and dont ask in the paddock either !!!

Thackwell racing in F1 underage ..... and so on .....

Hope someone writes a book one day ..... anyone got any more good stories ..... but be careful , liable and all that .
Old 26 Jan 2011, 02:17 (Ref:2820646)   #33
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Or until he was killed . Sad that was ..... in the DTM for Joest Opel .
I don't think he died racing, Wikipedia says he commited suicide.
Old 26 Jan 2011, 05:52 (Ref:2820662)   #34
The Badger
Veteran

My mistake , I was thinking of this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w55XJ0LWSx0

My memory must be leaving me .
Old 3 Feb 2011, 01:42 (Ref:2824857)   #35
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Woodard have an ad in Autosport for a drive in their LMPC at Sebring plus a two day test.

The ad read likes the team and other drivers are signed up and ready to go.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2834845)   #36
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Would suggest that nobody gets terribly excited about this one!
New heading over on Mariantic , via FB .

Woodard confirm Sebring entry - FB
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2834912)   #37
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Updated Sebring entry list out today.... Woodard not on it.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2834923)   #38
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post
Updated Sebring entry list out today.... Woodard not on it.
They are on the list I'm looking at. car # 038
Old 21 Feb 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2834927)   #39
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
They are on the list I'm looking at. car # 038
Fair enough, I was looking for an entry that actually said Woodard.
Old 21 Feb 2011, 23:19 (Ref:2834954)   #40
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, this entry is a very far cry from those rather ambitious aspirations the team were touting not so long ago. But, assuming they do in fact make it to the grid at Sebring, good luck to them, if for no other reason than the return of Hugh Chamberlain to ACO regs racing. I shall look forward to his interviews IMMENSELY!!!
Old 22 Feb 2011, 01:01 (Ref:2834982)   #41
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Good luck to them! An FLM car rented from Oreca for a pay driver seems much more entry-level weight to be honest.
Old 22 Feb 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2835214)   #42
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody know if they are still planning to debut an LMP2 car at Spa? or will they be using the FLM for the season?
Old 24 Feb 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2836174)   #43
WRO PR
Rookie

United Kingdom
WRO PR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say thank you for your support so far. If any of you are going to be at Sebring for the 12 Hour race please pop along and say hello.

We look forward to seeing you there
The WRO Team.
Old 24 Feb 2011, 14:34 (Ref:2836190)   #44
The Badger
Veteran

Best of luck at Sebring ..... any further plans after the event ?

You must be having a laugh with Hugh ..... quite a charactar . Wish I had a boss like him , instead of the goons we have !!!