Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jan 2008, 15:00 (Ref:2099320)   #76
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the FIA he's in

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64522
Old 4 Jan 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2099359)   #77
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
Red Bulldog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Good news indeed.
Old 4 Jan 2008, 16:54 (Ref:2099373)   #78
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bulldog
Good news indeed.
Unfortunately it may not be!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64526

I know it's all down to money and politics, but the whole Super Aguri team have shown what can be achieved in F1 with a lot of talent and very little of the $ notes compared to other teams with bigger bank balances and facilities. They should be an inspiration to others. If this is customer cars - bring it on!

Last edited by Alan Raine; 4 Jan 2008 at 16:58.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:36 (Ref:2100176)   #79
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
According to the FIA he's in
That means he is not.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2100179)   #80
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
That means he is not.
You could be right. The entry list isn't set in stone, by any means. Was Verstappen not confirmed at Jordan in 2004?
Old 5 Jan 2008, 17:46 (Ref:2100184)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He still is.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 20:09 (Ref:2100265)   #82
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
If you are listening Anthony get back in that car mate...Let's have some continuity for a change..
Old 29 Jan 2008, 20:44 (Ref:2116555)   #83
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good news from Honda today (hopefully):

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64902

Honda do continue to surprise me with their common sense actions since hiring Ross Brawn. First getting Wurz, now holding onto Ant...what on Earth is going on?!
Old 29 Jan 2008, 22:30 (Ref:2116629)   #84
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As you would expect, Nick Fry has managed to tell everyone that Super Aguri are a pain in the arse... but he's disguised it very well ! If Honda force Brackley to help them out, then they can at least ensure they have a decent driver like Davidson on board. Well that's how I read it anyway.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 14:13 (Ref:2117052)   #85
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's essentially my take on it too. Honda saying we helped you set up this team - now if you think you're going to just flog "our" seats to the highest bidder you'd better think again.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 14:42 (Ref:2117071)   #86
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
That seems perfectly fair to me. And it's surely to SA's long-term benefit to have a driver of Davidson's calibre on board - they're going to have to stand on their own two feet at some point, so they need drivers with a bit of technical nouse, not just no-hopers with fat wallets.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 30 Jan 2008, 17:24 (Ref:2117175)   #87
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...30105930.shtml
Looks like SA have a difficult decision to make.
Keep Honda happy but not have enough money to finish the season, or get financial support from Spice and run Narain Karthikeyan in the other car.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2117197)   #88
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't help but think about Ant's comments regarding his frustration with rubbish drivers being in F1 seats with all this. Hopefully SA will be able to retain his services for the next season though and Ant's frustration won't reach explosion levels due to a bum driver being chucked in his seat!
Old 30 Jan 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2117208)   #89
Red Bulldog
Racer

Canada
Beaver Bank, NS
I have rated Karthikeyan in the past (hardly falls into the "rubbish driver" catagory) but his latest exploits in A1 have lowered his credibility despite winning a race.
Old 30 Jan 2008, 18:58 (Ref:2117235)   #90
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope Ant gets a drive, I like his attitude, and I think he's capable of being pretty quick (well, as quick as one can be in a Super Aguri).
Old 31 Jan 2008, 00:31 (Ref:2117433)   #91
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a shame its unlikely that a team would have two British drivers because I feel Ant would make a good teammate to JB. My guess is that RB wont be there much longer. Ant knows the team and he would fit back in with ease.
As much as we may admire SA, its a hinderance for good drivers. When a car is slow even a great driver will be slow in it but with a good car I am sure Ant would have destroyed Sato. Sato should be out of the seat. He was pretty useless at the end of the season but Honda gives him chance after chance to please the home base. It may make dollars but very little sense.