Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Aug 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2747028)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Woodard Racing info

Just found these headlines over on Mariantic , and thought Woodard deserve their own thread .

"Hugh Chamberlain is team manager
still saying they are doing PLM this year
three day test at Gudix in August".

Ol'Hugh as team manager ..... good choice .

Where in the name of God is Gudix !!! And with what will they test with ?

Sounds like a Lola to me ? As a Riely hasnt even been built yet , and Riely was only talking about a P2 chassis , but money speaks too .
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2747041)   #2
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Where in the name of God is Gudix !!!
Probably Circuito Guadix
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2747052)   #3
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
And their new web site too .

http://www.s315908124.initial-website.co.uk/about-us/
Old 19 Aug 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2747167)   #4
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Just found these headlines over on Mariantic , and thought Woodard deserve their own thread .

"Hugh Chamberlain is team manager
still saying they are doing PLM this year
three day test at Gudix in August".

Ol'Hugh as team manager ..... good choice .

Where in the name of God is Gudix !!! And with what will they test with ?

Sounds like a Lola to me ? As a Riely hasnt even been built yet , and Riely was only talking about a P2 chassis , but money speaks too .
Looking at the website, I wonder if there are actually two different things going on here?

Firstly a long-term deal for next season, involving a Riley, Lola or whatever. maybe using the Roush engine, and possibly for P1. OK, that's their 2011 plans, if they can pull together the budget

So here the second thing kicks in- the website states their intent to test 4 drivers at Guadix this month, and then do PLM and Zhuhai, where "our goal for both Petit Le Mans and the Asia Le Mans Series is to win our class. We are talking to top line drivers who have won at this level before and know what to do."

Now, there's no way that I can see that happening in the time available unless they're deliberately playing things down and have already made much more progress than they're admitting to.

It certainly rules out the Riley-Roush combination, and I'd guess even a Lola-Judd/AER might be a struggle unless the car's about to be delivered anytime in the next week or so

Interesting that they're talking about aiming for a class win though.

Could this be a case of Woodard aiming at a couple of initial 2010 outings with a leased car, that bears no relation to what they aspire to run next year- maybe even an LMPC or a GTC Porsche- with Woodard's drivers and Hugh Chamberlain managing as a show of intent while they try to put together a longer-term programme of their own?
Old 19 Aug 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2747204)   #5
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
'Win our class'.

P1 is works land
P2 has Highcroft, Cytosport, Dyson, Oak
GT2 has everyone

Either they are Europe's return favour for USF1 or they'll be practicing with a challenge car (whcich is hardly a bad idea)
Old 19 Aug 2010, 16:44 (Ref:2747206)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm, or maybe GT-1 for Petit and Zhuhai, a lot easier to expect a class win there.

L.P.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2747242)   #7
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
'Win our class'.

P1 is works land
P2 has Highcroft, Cytosport, Dyson, Oak
GT2 has everyone

Either they are Europe's return favour for USF1 or they'll be practicing with a challenge car (whcich is hardly a bad idea)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Hmm, or maybe GT-1 for Petit and Zhuhai, a lot easier to expect a class win there.

L.P.
Yep, pretty much my thinking- I reckon they'll either be a no-show for 2010, or show up with a leased car for one of the Challenge classes (or a GT1- hadn't thought of that!)....and as courageous says, that's probably a pretty sensible idea in the circumstances...

Incidentally, did anyone take a close look at what's in the pic at the top of their website that Badger linked to a few pages back...?
http://www.s315908124.initial-website.co.uk/about-us/
Old 19 Aug 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2747248)   #8
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Facebook page also has a picture of an FLM/LMPC car as its avatar.

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2010, 05:55 (Ref:2747449)   #9
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
This does not necessarily mean much but the phone number shown on the website is a mobile and the address is a fairly modest house in a residential street.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:13 (Ref:2819527)   #10
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
News from Woodard Racing: "We have signed driver Luca Moro as well as a new sponsorship deal with Iconick Energy Drinks. We will be running in Formula Le Mans in the Sebring 12hr, with a move to LMP2 planned for Spa in May. Additionally we aim to have Stuart Hall signed by the end of the week. Daniel Woodard and Hugh Chamberlain... are still looking for a third driver, with our testing programme kicking off in February..."

http://www.facebook.com/WoodardRacing?v=wall

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6073.html

Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:17 (Ref:2819529)   #11
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Adding Hugh Chamberlain to an effort ensures a good degree of credibility but also ensures the potential of intermittent mechanical issues.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 14:35 (Ref:2819532)   #12
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
News from Woodard Racing: "We have signed driver Luca Moro as well as a new sponsorship deal with Iconick Energy Drinks. We will be running in Formula Le Mans in the Sebring 12hr, with a move to LMP2 planned for Spa in May. Additionally we aim to have Stuart Hall signed by the end of the week. Daniel Woodard and Hugh Chamberlain... are still looking for a third driver, with our testing programme kicking off in February..."

http://www.facebook.com/WoodardRacing?v=wall

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...ance-6073.html

Would suggest that nobody gets terribly excited about this one!
Old 23 Jan 2011, 18:35 (Ref:2819589)   #13
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Would suggest that nobody gets terribly excited about this one!
Can see exactly where you're coming from Graham - and this may well be a reflection being preternaturally overoptimistic, but I would feel the volume of 'buzz' about a series, accepting that a lot of the programmes involved are pretty much vapourware, is a reasonable indicator of health.

The fact that we are hearing about a lot of putative programmes strikes me as good news, and the variety of different entrants involved gives me a bit of optimism that we're not deluding ourselves into a 1992 like situation where we think Alan Randall is going to ride in and save the day.
Old 23 Jan 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2819599)   #14
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Wasn't Woodard suppossed to be an ALMS-campaign rather than an ILMC one, though?
Old 23 Jan 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2819632)   #15
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So which is more likely to happen, this or the FS Corvette?
Old 23 Jan 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2819651)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

Why dont believe in this .

Sponsor lined up , 2 drivers almost signed , Hugh Chamberlain ? A lot more convincing that the Atlas project ..... But I understand Graham does know a thing or two .

What chassis did they mention , I didnt quite grab that one please ?
Old 24 Jan 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2819785)   #17
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
No chassis mentioned yet, only saying that they will use the mandatory Oreca chassis for their announced Sebring participation in the LMPC class. Maybe Graham has some inside information [coming from a (couple of) chassissupplier(s)?] about Woodard fullfilling previous arrangements....
Old 24 Jan 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2820006)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have those named actually commented on Woodards claims?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 17:53 (Ref:2820455)   #19
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would an affirmation from a driver who apparently competed under an alias after being banned by the FIA due to a predilection for skiing in Bolivia's finest powder be worth that much?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2820462)   #20
The Badger
Veteran

Of course it would ..... just he got caught doing something legaly wrong , doesnt mean he cant ever be trusted again .

What about half the politicians in any government ..... we elect them , dont we . They set the constituation , and we all go along with that .

Those amongst you who havent sinned , throw the first stone . We got ourselves out very own 10/Tehths saint here everyone !!!
Old 25 Jan 2011, 18:22 (Ref:2820467)   #21
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually, it was the implication of the use of an alias to evade a ban I was commenting on, but thanks for the sanctimonious (and completely incorrect) aspersion you're casting on me.
Old 25 Jan 2011, 20:23 (Ref:2820521)   #22
The Badger
Veteran

Appologies if I picked you wrong then CMK .....

So, your saying your not Saintly ?

I assume we are talking about Moro & not Hall ?

What name did he race under ?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 20:54 (Ref:2820530)   #23
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
The Bushdoctor! Or was that the name of the coffeeshop that sponsored the guy for a while...?
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2820542)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Quote:
Appologies if I picked you wrong then CMK .....

So, your saying your not Saintly ?

I assume we are talking about Moro & not Hall ?

What name did he race under ?
Hardly saintly - I would have been Tomas Enge if I ever raced F3000, nah mean? I wouldn't call myself Tamas Eng after and claim it never happened though!

Reports from Europe during Moro's suspension indicated Luca da Silva (or was it di Silva?) was a name Moro used to race in that period. I don't know whether it's true, but trustworthy people said it was, and that seems underhanded. If you aren't who you say you are, I probably won't believe any other words coming out of your mouth. That was my point!
Old 25 Jan 2011, 21:18 (Ref:2820546)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Just playing devil's advocate here, so don't take this too seriously, but it's not like pseudonyms are exactly uncommon in motorsports... "John Winter" comes to mind, and then there's also a "Bugs Bunny" in VLN.