Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Mar 2011, 16:24 (Ref:2845030)   #1
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The R8 Lives On!

For those of you with DSC access, there's a fantastic article about Brad Kettler and his continued work with the R8 (LMP car). I've kept meticulous records of every R8's racing history, so I was surprised to find that Kettler had his hands in creating 2 "clones" (chassis 606 and 607). While not really recognized as factory-built cars, they were built with R8 tubs and nothing but actual R8 parts. Both cars are in private hands, being run in historic racing and are apparently now have more miles on them than any other R8s.

It's a pretty interesting article that illustrates Kettler's continued involvement with the R8, as well as his operations in Oxford, OH where he manages it all.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 19:03 (Ref:2845106)   #2
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I've often wondered what happens with redundant and 'obsolete' sportscars. Surely there are too many of some types to dissapear in musea? Good to read that some just continue their racing lifes in obscure races, being run at least, and with ongoing development even, in this case.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 19:43 (Ref:2845126)   #3
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Makes me wish I had access to DSC. I saw a privately-run R8 at Tremblant - Travis Engen's with the 2006 livery on - last year and it was amazing to be able to get close to it and take dozens of pictures.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2845137)   #4
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it's good to know that the 2050 Le Mans classic will have cars availible, but as in the article, I would question the term 'historic' (IIRC the series also has a Pescarolo & Porsche Spyder LMP2)
Old 13 Mar 2011, 20:04 (Ref:2845138)   #5
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
Makes me wish I had access to DSC. I saw a privately-run R8 at Tremblant - Travis Engen's with the 2006 livery on - last year and it was amazing to be able to get close to it and take dozens of pictures.
Yes, Engen's was one of the cars in the story (Chassis 606).