Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:08 (Ref:2848446)   #26
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
stream is very jittery, audio is fine but it's jittery and the frame rate is crap. But, it's better than nothing, what I'd like to know is why the race isn't on motors this year?
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2848449)   #27
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Everything was ok in early part of qualifying (GT and P1/P2) They lost the plot in the latter stages though. Hope it's all good for race day.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:14 (Ref:2848457)   #28
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
stream is very jittery, audio is fine but it's jittery and the frame rate is crap. But, it's better than nothing, what I'd like to know is why the race isn't on motors this year?
ILMC is on Eurosport, Sebring is on the Player.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:15 (Ref:2848458)   #29
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Wow yeah that was as if I was being sucked in to the matrix there. Stream is destroyed currently like someone is trying to tune an old tv.
Same for me with that noise, what made it worse was you had to turn your pc volume up stupidly high in the first place to hear the audio...

Had to throw my headset on the floor a bit quick and my ears are still ringing!
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:16 (Ref:2848460)   #30
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
ILMC is on Eurosport, Sebring is on the Player.
What about the rest of the ALMS this year then? will motors not be showing it?
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:18 (Ref:2848461)   #31
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
What about the rest of the ALMS this year then? will motors not be showing it?
Dont look like it.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2848462)   #32
AGD
Veteran

AGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAGD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No issues with ESPN3 throughout the qualifying session. The problems you guys are mentioning must be with the ALMS website stream. I can only imagine that things will be worse tomorrow on the ALMS website stream with the extra demand, but I'm guessing you all will report your findings tomorrow. As for me, I'll have to watch the ABC highlights since I don't have ESPN3 at home! Oh well.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:26 (Ref:2848468)   #33
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
Same for me with that noise, what made it worse was you had to turn your pc volume up stupidly high in the first place to hear the audio...

Had to throw my headset on the floor a bit quick and my ears are still ringing!
Yeah I just remembered I had my PC up full whack too. And as for your ears, people have sued for less! Nah hopefully that's a few teething troubles out of the way and they will have a relatively smooth race.

One thing I would be interested in - were the two pauses + godawful sound present on the ESPN3 feed too? - OK AGD confirmed.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:29 (Ref:2848469)   #34
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I had two freezes with the video once I got it going (just as the chequers came out on the GT class, and right as the GTCs started rolling). Sound kept going like a champ throughout. I didn't find it to be too quiet, but then, I'm running off of external speakers with my iMac, so I have a bit more flexibility there I suppose.

Framefrate could have been a bit better, but I cannot see terribly well compared to those with 20/20, so it didn't bother me. Also, I don't want things cranked up too high, so that the stream is beyond the bandwidth I have here. However, the FIA GT1 streams generally ran fine for me last year, so there is probably some room to beef things up without blowing me away.

The biggest thing is that the link could REALLY do to be more conspicuous on the ALMS homepage. I completely missed the tiny blue print for the link that was in the middle of the page between umpteen other things 3 or 4 times before I finally picked it out.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2848473)   #35
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
I had to sit at least 7 feet away from my 24" monitor to make the stream look ok in fullscreen, if it isnt better for the race i shant bother playing it on my tv.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:34 (Ref:2848479)   #36
Mecatech
Rookie

Mecatech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
ALMS site stream -> PC -> 32" TV. Audio is great but I had to turn the stereo almost on max, it's too quiet. The video frame rate could be higher. Otherwise it's fine.

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=live

Thanks!

I was watching in Le Mans, France and quality was good. I had two problems though that may or may not be due to the source:

Max volume was too low
Lost the feed twice (probably due to my internet connection)
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2848482)   #37
Tom87
Racer

England
Tom87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS.com:

- Stream very quiet
- Dropped out a few times
- Both audio and video a little jittery - seemed to be a lack of bandwidth
- Low FPS

Despite these problems, it's far better than nothing - thanks!
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:40 (Ref:2848484)   #38
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I had to sit at least 7 feet away from my 24" monitor to make the stream look ok in fullscreen, if it isnt better for the race i shant bother playing it on my tv.
You should be sitting 6 feet away from a screen that size anyway, so an extra foot shouldn't make too much difference. (The optimum position for viewing a TV for someone with average eyesight is at a distance of three times the screen width).
Old 18 Mar 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2848491)   #39
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecatech View Post
Thanks!

I was watching in Le Mans, France and quality was good. I had two problems though that may or may not be due to the source:

Max volume was too low
Lost the feed twice (probably due to my internet connection)
Looks like it was the same for everyone.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2848500)   #40
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom87 View Post
ALMS.com:

- Dropped out a few times
- Both audio and video a little jittery - seemed to be a lack of bandwidth
- Low FPS

Despite these problems, it's far better than nothing - thanks!
Volume was ok ...... but the above 3 .

Thanks for the feed ..... im happy to have it at all .
Old 18 Mar 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2848506)   #41
DistortedSmile
Racer

Spain
DistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDistortedSmile should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hello, been lurking this forum for a couple of months, just finally decided to register, anyway I think the stream quality was really poor (It died on me a couple of times) and although my Internet connection is not the best I never had any problems when watching something like FIA GT. By the way if anyone here is from Latin-America, you should know that the latin-american Speed channel will be broadcasting most of the race tomorrow live on TV.
Old 18 Mar 2011, 21:51 (Ref:2848509)   #42
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DistortedSmile View Post
By the way if anyone here is from Latin-America, you should know that the latin-american Speed channel will be broadcasting most of the race tomorrow live on TV.
That is full of all kinds of win.

The only place to get it live on actual TV is Latin America.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 00:47 (Ref:2848578)   #43
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One thing to keep in mind about the espn3 stream is that their player automatically adjusts the video quality based on the bandwith you have. The way to tell how good your quality is, is by looking in the lower right hand portion of the screen, and there are little blue boxes, I think 5 is the best quality. I mostly had 4 today which was ok.

Edit: I just watched the q'ing replay with pc hooked up to 42" lcd, and if I sat back on the couch the quality was quite good, but still had the low fps which was noticeable.

Last edited by joeb; 19 Mar 2011 at 01:13.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2848598)   #44
Captain Spyro
Rookie

United States
West Virginia
Captain Spyro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I missed the live stream thanks to work, but I did watch the full replay of qualifying. The video, while SOMEWHAT pixelated, looked quite beautiful and the sound was top notch.

This was on ESPN3. Thank you Suddenlink!

But most of all, Flying Lizard Motorsports.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 01:54 (Ref:2848611)   #45
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Watchin the qualifying right now and think the picture might be better than last year's on comcast. Watching it on ESPN3 through my 360 on a 46" plasma and quality is great on Verizon DSL. If tomorrow's feed runs this well it will be better than Speed HD on Comcast was last year and the price is a LOT better.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 02:51 (Ref:2848622)   #46
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Would add that I'd like to see them add the chassis/engine and lap time to the driver name pop up during qualifying. I could hear them get excited about the time, but I was not watching T&S and so often did not know what the time actually was.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2848631)   #47
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the qualifying replay up yet on the ALMS site? I cant find it.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 05:05 (Ref:2848647)   #48
profec291
Rookie

United States
San Leandro, CA
profec291 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those of you viewing on espn3 that are having a hard time looking at the feed on a large screen (If I may suggest), try it this way, view the feed in standard view (not full screen), and have the timing screen on the other half of the screen.

Old 19 Mar 2011, 12:36 (Ref:2848777)   #49
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seen some screenshots of the ESPN3 stream and the quality is superb compared to ALMS.com.
Old 19 Mar 2011, 12:43 (Ref:2848783)   #50
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Seen some screenshots of the ESPN3 stream and the quality is superb compared to ALMS.com.
So that's at least two things that Scott Atherton said in his heartfelt piece to camera that aren't true.

1) He said it would be the same feed, and 2) that anyone who didn't have ESPN3 could access it.