Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 22 Mar 2011, 00:59 (Ref:2850916)   #1
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sunday at a VLN race

I'm currently looking at going to the Nurburgring for the April 30th VLN race since I'll be in Amsterdam earlier in the (long) week-end. Does anyone have experience with getting to the track by train or other public transportation? Is it possible/easy/practical? And how easy is it to move around the track; it's certainly not realistic to expect to see the whole track in a day but what spots are easily accessible/worth seeing? I see they have grandstand seats around the GP track, but it's probably not easy to go from there to the other end of the track - the karousel for example - right?

Also what cities/attractions should I absolutely see in the surrounding region if I'm there on Monday as well?

Many question marks; thanks a lot to anyone sharing answers!
Old 22 Mar 2011, 02:09 (Ref:2850939)   #2
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Félix View Post
I'm currently looking at going to the Nurburgring for the April 30th VLN race since I'll be in Amsterdam earlier in the (long) week-end. Does anyone have experience with getting to the track by train or other public transportation? Is it possible/easy/practical?
Neither, to be honest. There isn't any. Your best bet is renting a small car, especially if you plan on moving around during the race.
Old 22 Mar 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2851008)   #3
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Even if you can get there by public transport (I've heard it is possible but looooong and boring), you won't have much fun being there on a Sunday, as all VLN races are on Saturdays.

That said, the bus would probably drop you off down in Adenau, starting from there you could start your tour at Wehrseifen and move on counter clockwise to Adenauer Forst.
You could even go on further to Aremberg-Kurve, Schwedenkreutz and eventually even the Hatzenbach, but you'd have to go a lengthy distance without any proper view on the track in between.

Here's a map of the spectator areas: http://vln.de/images/zuschauerplaetze.jpg
Old 22 Mar 2011, 20:01 (Ref:2851450)   #4
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Even if you can get there by public transport (I've heard it is possible but looooong and boring), you won't have much fun being there on a Sunday, as all VLN races are on Saturdays.
Well yeah of course... the date matches but I guess it's good I realize the race is not on a Sunday! Makes my plan a bit tighter, but hiring a car could do it, and I could see Spa on Sunday for the Renault World Series... Thanks for the map and info!
Old 22 Mar 2011, 21:30 (Ref:2851496)   #5
pierre_ch
Rookie

Switzerland
Zürich
pierre_ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Félix, if you make it, send me a PM a few days before! I'll be there too.

And as the others said, renting a car is definitely the better choice.