Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 May 2013, 08:17 (Ref:3245592)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An Interesting Book -Early Le Mans

I recently bought a copy of a book by well know Morgan racer, John Clarke, which concerns Morgan at Le Sarthe, but contains a lot about other marques that competed in France. Many of the photos have never been published before and the book is well written and while not a Morgan owner, I found it quite absorbing and well worth the price (£24.95).

Take a look at; www.MorganAdventure.co.uk if you like the history of the 24 Hour Race.

Disclaimer; I am not concerned with the writing, selling, publishing of the book, I just thought it might be of interest to other 'tenthers'.

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 11 May 2013, 09:48 (Ref:3245622)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love the cover picture. Are there any more like it in side, do you know?
Old 11 May 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3245625)   #3
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I'd almost buy it for the cover picture alone!
Old 11 May 2013, 12:51 (Ref:3245654)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Absolutely!
Old 12 May 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3245998)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I love the cover picture. Are there any more like it in side, do you know?
The book is packed with pictures from pre war days, obviously many Morgans, but plenty of other contemporary sports cars, and people.

It is clearly a labour of love, as it is not an obvious 'best seller' written to make millions, but the authors enthusiasm for his subject comes through, and after all Morgan is probably the only original British sports car still being produced by the founders family.
Old 24 Jul 2013, 09:13 (Ref:3281091)   #6
Mogger
Rookie

England
UK and Australia
Mogger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My book will be available for review and purchase at the Silverstone Classic this Saturday 27th July.

I will have a number of books for sale at the Morgan Motor Company stand between 12.00 noon and 2.00pm on the Saturday only.

This is what people have said so far

http://www.morganadventure.co.uk/section689038.html

Please come and say hello and hopefully purchase a copy.

John Clarke