Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 30 Mar 2023, 15:44 (Ref:4149700)   #2026
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
But what can they gain from people talking on Tentenths about their alleged withdrawal?
IMO either the situation is rather difficult behind the scenes and there's a lot of uncertainty hence no news and big possibility of them pulling out or they're actually waiting for a Media Day to make some kind of special "presentation" and all the rumours about their problems come from a single, stupid source.
To be honest I didn't want to say it as didn't want to offend but that rumour did seem to stem from this forum. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Just people asking what their plans are for 2023. As a long time fan of theirs my personal opinion is I hope no news is good news.
Old 30 Mar 2023, 16:41 (Ref:4149705)   #2027
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But what can they gain from people talking on Tentenths about their alleged withdrawal?
IMO either the situation is rather difficult behind the scenes and there's a lot of uncertainty hence no news and big possibility of them pulling out or they're actually waiting for a Media Day to make some kind of special "presentation" and all the rumours about their problems come from a single, stupid source.
Probably likely that as things stand they are pulling out but there is still chance of something happening last minute. So there is no point in confirming their withdrawal or otherwise at this stage. Its also possible that Dynamics will loan their TBLs to another entry. It wouldn't be the first time we get a suprise of that sort at media day
Old 30 Mar 2023, 17:04 (Ref:4149706)   #2028
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that if nobody knows for sure what it does do is show that nobody on here is as well informed as some would have us believe.
Old 30 Mar 2023, 17:09 (Ref:4149707)   #2029
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I would say that if nobody knows for sure what it does do is show that nobody on here is as well informed as some would have us believe.
Or they can’t say ‘officially’ without getting trouble!
Old 30 Mar 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4149712)   #2030
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
to make some kind of special "presentation"
Replacing Engstler Motorsport as factory supported Honda team in TCR World tour. Shedden has plenty of experience in TCR. Matt Neal too, at least as commentator.
Old 30 Mar 2023, 21:58 (Ref:4149723)   #2031
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Replacing Engstler Motorsport as factory supported Honda team in TCR World tour. Shedden has plenty of experience in TCR. Matt Neal too, at least as commentator.
Well, that would certainly be something special although I'd prefer them in the BTCC still
Old 30 Mar 2023, 22:02 (Ref:4149724)   #2032
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
To be honest I didn't want to say it as didn't want to offend but that rumour did seem to stem from this forum. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. Just people asking what their plans are for 2023. As a long time fan of theirs my personal opinion is I hope no news is good news.
Well, that seems to be true although most of the posters cited 'someone who said something' or that they have 'heard' some rumours. Where that comes from, no idea but I'm always of the opinion that if there are many rumours then some part of it must be true - otherwise it all has to come from one source and is just made up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim
Probably likely that as things stand they are pulling out but there is still chance of something happening last minute. So there is no point in confirming their withdrawal or otherwise at this stage. Its also possible that Dynamics will loan their TBLs to another entry. It wouldn't be the first time we get a suprise of that sort at media day
That's something I imagine might be happening tbh.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 07:00 (Ref:4149744)   #2033
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So – much has been discussed about the Team Dynamics situation, spread over many pages.
Here’s a quick summary (from this thread):
18 Feb – a query on whether Rowbottom leaving is true
22 Feb – a query about TD running Adrian Flux sponsorship
24 Feb – a query about whether people are 100% sure they will continue
Over the next few days – many drivers speculated as possibly moving to TD
27 Feb – poster states they spoke to Plato, who was trying to put together a deal with TD
02 Mar – poster states that they have ‘heard’ that TD has closed down. Another poster states that they have heard from staff that this is untrue
10 Mar – poster states that TD are due to receive their own TCR cars and will be at Spa in May
16 Mar – poster states that a former-TD mechanic believes that TD has handed back their TBLs, and will announce a new programme ‘next week’
26 Mar – poster states that TD will not be running any cars in BTCC this year
26 Mar – poster states that TD will not be running, but Matt Neal has another team entering
28 Mar – poster states that PMR personnel understand that TD staff have been let go, and that they had been offered a 2-car deal in TCR UK. But, the TCR UK deal is canned
30 Mar – a query about whether TD has sold their cars

With all due respect to Christmas, none of the posters have been able to provide a verifiable source. That does not mean that the rumours are unfounded, but that it is difficult to give them credibility.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4149747)   #2034
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only thing I've seen in the motorsport press has been a brief mention in Autosport this week. In the article on the Speedworks/Toyota announcement when talking about the engine swap to the Neil Brown unit it says:

"Top engine company NBE's acquisition of the Toyota deal comes on top of its long-standing programme as tuner for the hugely successful West Surrey Racing-built BMWs. The Lincolnshire firm has also won multiple titles with the Team Dynamics Hondas, although uncertainties surround what format the Midlands operation's programme will take in 2023"
Old 31 Mar 2023, 07:45 (Ref:4149748)   #2035
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
none of the posters have been able to provide a verifiable source.
Has this every happened on this forum?
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4149757)   #2036
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Until we actually hear anything from Dynamics, we should maybe assume they are coming back. Although it's hard when they are keeping so quiet and have no announcements so far...
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:18 (Ref:4149761)   #2037
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Until we actually hear anything from Dynamics, we should maybe assume they are coming back. Although it's hard when they are keeping so quiet and have no announcements so far...
Very true. (But this is the discussion, News & Rumours thread after all...)
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:22 (Ref:4149762)   #2038
mphplastering
Rookie

mphplastering should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYVXbfTx/

Posted this morning ?*??
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4149763)   #2039
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mphplastering View Post
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMYVXbfTx/

Posted this morning ?*??
Not having a TikTok account, I am unable to see the link.
What does the post contain please?
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:29 (Ref:4149764)   #2040
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not having a TikTok account, I am unable to see the link.
What does the post contain please?

same here but the link seems to work....

What I think is a Team Dynamics member stood in the pit lane of Donington Park (i think) with the camera slowly zooming out with the caption "Team Dynamics are where?"

looks like it was posted yesterday

a few comments have been posted and some TD have actually replied too but nothing that confirms or denies BTCC participation imo
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:54 (Ref:4149768)   #2041
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So – much has been discussed about the Team Dynamics situation, spread over many pages.
Here’s a quick summary (from this thread):
18 Feb – a query on whether Rowbottom leaving is true
22 Feb – a query about TD running Adrian Flux sponsorship
24 Feb – a query about whether people are 100% sure they will continue
Over the next few days – many drivers speculated as possibly moving to TD
27 Feb – poster states they spoke to Plato, who was trying to put together a deal with TD
02 Mar – poster states that they have ‘heard’ that TD has closed down. Another poster states that they have heard from staff that this is untrue
10 Mar – poster states that TD are due to receive their own TCR cars and will be at Spa in May
16 Mar – poster states that a former-TD mechanic believes that TD has handed back their TBLs, and will announce a new programme ‘next week’
26 Mar – poster states that TD will not be running any cars in BTCC this year
26 Mar – poster states that TD will not be running, but Matt Neal has another team entering
28 Mar – poster states that PMR personnel understand that TD staff have been let go, and that they had been offered a 2-car deal in TCR UK. But, the TCR UK deal is canned
30 Mar – a query about whether TD has sold their cars

With all due respect to Christmas, none of the posters have been able to provide a verifiable source. That does not mean that the rumours are unfounded, but that it is difficult to give them credibility.
Good effort but maybe you need to get out more?!
Old 31 Mar 2023, 10:29 (Ref:4149773)   #2042
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Good effort but maybe you need to get out more?!
Old 31 Mar 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4149774)   #2043
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
What I think is a Team Dynamics member stood in the pit lane of Donington Park (i think) with the camera slowly zooming out with the caption "Team Dynamics are where?"

looks like it was posted yesterday
It was posted yesterday. TD were at Donington for a general test day with the customer TCR Audi.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 13:47 (Ref:4149795)   #2044
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
a few comments have been posted and some TD have actually replied too but nothing that confirms or denies BTCC participation imo
And I wouldn't expect them to confirm our deny by such means. The fact there has been no official announcement suggests to me that there is nothing firm to announce either way.

Even IF staff have been let go we don't which or how many. It could mean a scaling back, a withdrawal, a different project requiring a different team, or the ending of contracts until plans are firmed up.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 14:29 (Ref:4149799)   #2045
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
And I wouldn't expect them to confirm our deny by such means. The fact there has been no official announcement suggests to me that there is nothing firm to announce either way.

Even IF staff have been let go we don't which or how many. It could mean a scaling back, a withdrawal, a different project requiring a different team, or the ending of contracts until plans are firmed up.

suppose I meant hint rather than confirm or deny.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 15:12 (Ref:4149805)   #2046
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TD turn up on media day with a Adrian Flux backed Civic with Plato on board?
Old 31 Mar 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4149822)   #2047
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Make your mind up pal you been saying it’s done and dusted and there gone hahaha
Old 1 Apr 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4149871)   #2048
Sunbeam347
Rookie

Sunbeam347 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still nothing concrete about Dynamics, media day might bring a surprise or 3…

Last edited by Sunbeam347; 1 Apr 2023 at 08:23.
Old 1 Apr 2023, 08:29 (Ref:4149873)   #2049
Pringles
Rookie

Pringles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
TD turn up on media day with a Adrian Flux backed Civic with Plato on board?
Given that Plato has now competed in an FK8, and not had great results out of it. I don't see why he would gain driving for TD In an FK8. Yes the FK8 was a dominant force and hard to beat when it was first introduced to BTCC, but things have changed a lot and it's nowhere near the winning car of yesteryear. Even Shedden who used to drive the wheels off the thing struggled quite a lot on return to the championship to be as dominant and he and the car were.

The only thing to gain would be the publicity of going back on his decision to retire, and the personas of the the driver and team manager, and the rivalry over the years and pantomime villains etc. So that's the only way I can imagine it happening, purely for marketing interest and finding new sponsors for both.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk
Old 1 Apr 2023, 09:03 (Ref:4149881)   #2050
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just heard that Dynamics have got AJ confirmed as one of the drivers