Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jun 2004, 21:41 (Ref:994275)   #1
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lister LMP changes...

checking out new pics of the lister again, and i noticed a change in the airbox:

look at the first pic:
http://www.lmsr.net/listerfirstphotos.html

now check this one out:
http://www.speedpics.nl/images/photos/photo_19.html

looks like the roll-hoop is now seperate from the airbox structure... why they did this i don't know. the encouraging aspect of this is that lister has changed something since the test days so maybe they've been working on improving the car.

also:

for the new 2004-reg car that should race in 2005, should lister do away with the radical front air-scoops and go with a zytec/audi style front architecture? look at the second pic on the first page above and i think the car would look very fast with a single-seater type nose and side radiator ducts. almost kinda like a dallara.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 21:55 (Ref:994284)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I saw the pictures a few days ago over on DSC and I have to say it looks spot on.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 22:17 (Ref:994301)   #3
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks fantastic doesn't it!

Nice to see a bit of colour in the LMP1 grid.
Old 4 Jun 2004, 23:05 (Ref:994330)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It looks leaps and bounds better than what it was before. Love the colors, just not crazy about the pattern. But oh well. As for the rollhoop/airbox. I can't see that there would be a huge difference there (like I would know), but you're right, at least they've been doing something to the car. Novel concept.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 00:46 (Ref:994374)   #5
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
If I recall, rules state the the highest point on the car is the roll over hoop. With the intergrated box/roll over hoop that rule may have caught them out in scrutineering hence the modification to clearly separate the two.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 01:53 (Ref:994393)   #6
tblincoe
Veteran

i was thinking the same thing mike, although the courages and the pescarolo cars have the same airbox type, but theirs are not seperated. oh wait, those are french teams right?

Last edited by tblincoe; 5 Jun 2004 at 01:53.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 02:17 (Ref:994402)   #7
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Look closer at the Courage, while not being literally separate, it is clear the roll over hoop is the highest point on the car as the line for the airbox has a different profile and the roll hoop line picks up on it:

http://www.mulsannescorner.com/Courage-DL7.jpg
Old 5 Jun 2004, 05:03 (Ref:994442)   #8
tblincoe
Veteran

i did see that earlier mike and i believe you are right... i guess the roll hoop, whether seperate or part of the airbox, must be taller than the airbox itself...
Old 5 Jun 2004, 11:55 (Ref:994630)   #9
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See my post of 7th May in an earlier thread....

"If there was scrutineering at the Test Day, I think that when Lister goes back for the race they will have reduced the height of their new airbox. IIRC the bodywork(including airbox) has a maximum height of 965mm, whereas the rollhoop height is 1020mm. My first shape had a similar airbox, but I angled the rollhoop down to 965mm at the back edge to meet the airbox proper, as the Courage has."

But I do like the colour scheme.

Andy

Last edited by AMT; 5 Jun 2004 at 11:56.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 13:37 (Ref:994682)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AMT do you know who is designing the 2005 Lister, based on the running gear of the current car?

Could it be a coupe?
Old 5 Jun 2004, 13:57 (Ref:994696)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
Some more pictures!

http://www.motorsporten.dk/news.asp?aID=12912

Its interesting to note all of the aero devices on the Lister, particulalry at the back, compared to, say, a Dome.

Is the Lister a partuculalry high downforce car.

Last edited by JAG; 5 Jun 2004 at 13:59.
Old 5 Jun 2004, 14:11 (Ref:994703)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In earlier posts I said that I didn't like the red/white livery, but I was wrong. This looks great! (a little bit Marlboro red/white)
Old 5 Jun 2004, 15:41 (Ref:994748)   #13
AMT
Rookie

AMT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be a new 2005 Lister prototype? I doubt it. Anyway, I won't be designing it!

The best of luck to John Nielsen at Le Mans this year - I'd like to see a little of the car's potential exploited. Better late than never.

Andy
Old 5 Jun 2004, 17:01 (Ref:994789)   #14
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by AMT
Will there be a new 2005 Lister prototype? I doubt it. Anyway, I won't be designing it!

The best of luck to John Nielsen at Le Mans this year - I'd like to see a little of the car's potential exploited. Better late than never.

Andy
They have announced a new car is being designed right now, in house, based on the running gear of the current car.

They plan to run the current car and the new car next year.

Maybe their FIA GT program will be scaled down with the arrival of the Maserati etc.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 09:59 (Ref:995210)   #15
GT1
Racer

GT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sharp looking car. I loved the design, now I love the paint too.

A lot of folks didn't like the Lister when it came out, I always did. I love cars that appear different. Anyone can copy an Audi but Thorby always seems to be a bit different, and thats good.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 11:54 (Ref:995276)   #16
pounetbf
Racer

pounetbf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GT1
Very sharp looking car. I loved the design, now I love the paint too.

A lot of folks didn't like the Lister when it came out, I always did. I love cars that appear different. Anyone can copy an Audi but Thorby always seems to be a bit different, and thats good.
Yes, but when a car is really different , 2 possibilities :
- 1- you have discovered / invented something never thaught by anybody else, and you will be better than everybody else
-2- you have forgotten something and are doing a great mistake.

Abaout aérodynamics, it is almost amways the solution 2.

As an example, if you remind (sorry, it is a bit old) the last Rondeau cars (R482 I think) with this big round ass, it was definitively not a good solution.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 15:19 (Ref:995379)   #17
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JCW showed the potential of this car at LM1000km in November, at least in qualifying. From what i can gather the issues with the car have been related to power.
Old 6 Jun 2004, 16:52 (Ref:995411)   #18
dretceterini
Veteran

dretceterini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Rondeau 482 is a perfect example of a car so ugly that it is pretty