Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Mar 2001, 15:45 (Ref:75472)   #1
renaultbel
Racer

renaultbel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren team co-ordinator Jo Ramirez has admitted that the team is `lost', and that this year's car is not up to their usual standard.

"Frankly, I don't know what we will be able to do at this Grand Prix," Ramirez told Agencia Estado.

"We are lost. This car is not up to the McLaren tradition. The race in Malaysia was a disaster. We were not able to find the right balance. We were and we are still lost."

Ramirez also commented on the current rivalry between Ferrari team mates Schumacher and Barrichello, admitting that the Brazilian driver is the only one in a position to challenge Michael at the moment, which leaves McLaren in a far from ideal situation.

"This rivalry is bad for us", he continued.

"Currently, Barrichello is the only one who can push Schumacher, and the dispute between both of them makes them move forward."
Old 30 Mar 2001, 15:58 (Ref:75475)   #2
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
RussianFriend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TFG is motivated enough without pushing. His name is not Jacques. ):

Maybe Mika was too deep in his fatherhood filling? So they loose the motivation.

ANy case it's bad call: Bernie will have to medlle in the events to make it more compatative.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 16:17 (Ref:75476)   #3
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whatever Russian, Jacques always takes it to the max and he did that even when he had that bum Zonta for a partner which proves he doesn't need to be pushed, he's gonna take it to the limit no matter who his partner is, he just has a little more pressure because Panis is a bit better but Jacques has outperformed him as well so far this season and will continue to do so.

Anyways back to the topic I think it's good that McLaren are falling behind, in fact, I couldn't be happier. Mika is such a boring race car driver and shows no real emotion when he wins cause he's been doing it for the past 3 years! Shumacher still really looks like he enjoys it but I'm tired of seeing him on the podium. Get Ralf, Trulli or Jacques up there and you'll see some real joy at winning a race!

Basically anything that helps the chances of other teams besides Ferrari and McLaren to win races is a good thing so I'm happy about this news. Don't worry Ferrari won't walk away with the championship, now that McLaren's out, Williams will soon be right up with them and the Honda teams close behind them. Honestly I really don't think McLaren is going to be as bad as everyone thinks but I really don't care about them anyways. To the revolution!!
Old 30 Mar 2001, 17:22 (Ref:75489)   #4
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see that Adrian Newey is skipping Brazil and working on fixing the problem.... just maybe he has already found a solution as one David Coulthard finished fastest in the Friday sessions... over 1 sec faster than #2 Jarno Trulli. But how does one explain Mika being 5th with a time 1.6 slower than his team mate..... but friday's are usally a tad strange.. what tires did one use.... fuel loads... and so forth.... still DC & McLaren Illmor were very impressive this Friday afternoon...

take care, all

Murph
Old 30 Mar 2001, 17:43 (Ref:75490)   #5
Neil C
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Nations
People's Republic of Ann Arbor, Michigan
Neil C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They may be having some problems, but I suspect that they are not as "lost" as they would have us believe.

It is common in any sport to over/underplay your situation, sometimes to sandbag the competition, sometimes to motivate your own team.

Ferrari best keep their eyes open. Their mirrors, I suspect, will be full of silver.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 23:10 (Ref:75585)   #6
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly won't shed any tears if they really are lost, It's time for a change at the top. If just Jordan and Williams could manage to claw themself up to the top. They are the most likely to challange Ferrari in the near future. BAR sadly has a way to f-ck up, Jacques is wasting his talent, he should give up his ambition of building a team from scratch, it's not working out.The best thing for Jacques is to go Jordan, very likely too I think. The weakest link at Jordan is it's driver line-up. Sorry if I'm being OT.

Last edited by AL Racing; 30 Mar 2001 at 23:12.
Old 30 Mar 2001, 23:17 (Ref:75590)   #7
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Wow my 400th post! Not bad since I registered almost 2 years ago. Steady as she goes....
Old 2 Apr 2001, 06:36 (Ref:76416)   #8
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
Soooo, after the week-end, may we say they are lost?

David, Thank you for some variety in the race result.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 22:31 (Ref:76764)   #9
Drew
Rookie

Drew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF got "lost"

It would seem that it was TGF that was lost in Brazil, when he made off-road driving a feature of the Brazil GP.

Perhaps he should try a move to Rally?
Old 3 Apr 2001, 06:18 (Ref:76870)   #10
RussianFriend
Veteran

Russian Federation
Moscow, Russia
Drew, welcome to this insulting and abusive forum. Hope, Valve Bounce will tell you about the Lucky Ferrari draw.