Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 8 Jul 2007, 14:16 (Ref:1957659)   #26
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob
I can't help but wonder why? I mean, where would LM be without all the lower-level drivers who have competed over the years? A lot of the smaller outfits can't afford to be running high profile drivers, and the race is as much about them as it is the big manufacturer battles.

To that and the rest of the idea of the thread - leave things as they are. It's not broke, so let's not try and fix it.
I agree, Joe Macari used to be a laughing stock imo, but after a very steady LM performance, he did very well.
Of course we need the amateurs!
Old 9 Jul 2007, 17:23 (Ref:1958857)   #27
jaysalv
Veteran

England
romford essex
jaysalv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i am a lmes/leman 24hr addict but only having made the jorney to france to watch the 24hr in 2005 ive got to say that it is the greatest atmosphere i have ever experienced . from the racing to the crowds and its getting better if it aint broke dont fix it is what i say
Old 9 Jul 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1959013)   #28
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Basically, drawing on from my previous post, the LMES season should start in July or August and run until late april/early May the following year. The LM24 berths (let's say 60, the ACO want to increase it and 55 is mathematical pain in the ass) should be allocated as follows.

15 LMP1s - The top 7 LMP1 cars from the LMES and ALMS. Remaining berth allocated by fan vote of 8th, 9th and 10th in each + JLMC champions until it improves (like NASCAR have the fan vote for their all star race).
15 LMP2s - Same deal.
15 GT1s - 6 from LMES, 6 from ALMS, 3 from FIA GT.
15 GT2s - Ditto.

When JLMC improves it could be changed to

Class - LMES - ALMS - JLMC - FIA GT - Fan vote

Prototypes - 6 - 6 - 3 - N/A - 0
GT - 4 - 4 - 3 - 3 - 1

Other than changing LMES, ALMS and JLMC around it, nothing needs to be done.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 17:27 (Ref:1959890)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How would you imagine the allocation by fan vote being organsied?
Old 10 Jul 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1959958)   #30
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
How would you imagine the allocation by fan vote being organsied?
It works for the NASCAR All-star event. If a fan vote can't be done, just give that berth to JLMC.
Old 10 Jul 2007, 18:55 (Ref:1959982)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the fan vote should be organised here on Ten Tenths personally....
Old 11 Jul 2007, 08:49 (Ref:1960439)   #32
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like the thought of the race being sub-titled "The Sports and GT World Masters Event", the organisers could do that and probably get a sponsor to add prize money.

One tends to think that all of France knows the race but when I picked up my hire car at C de G the Hertz lady did not know it was on and friends tell us that the local papers in SW France made no mention of the race or results on the Monday after which we found surprising, seems the world does not revolve around the LM 24 after all?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:00 (Ref:1960446)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Probably so. It's like people who think the world revolves around F1. Bernie may think so but there are plenty of places where there is absolutelyno interest at all. Same for any major sporting event, I guess.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 09:06 (Ref:1960451)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apart from the football World cup and the Olympics. IMO.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 01:48 (Ref:1961187)   #35
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Just as Indy is Indy, LeMans is LeMans.

Any sort of sports car champ. died years ago and with sanctions being afraid, in one manner or another, of most challenging circuits, I doubt it will ever be back.
Old 12 Jul 2007, 11:31 (Ref:1961485)   #36
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Bob there...any majorly popular and sportscar championship is a thing in the past...unless something HUGE happens in the world of motorsport.

Saying that, there is a huge audience for the sport and this cannot be forgotten and as a one off race, it garners more respect and following than almost anything else...
Old 12 Jul 2007, 13:51 (Ref:1961592)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Apart from the football World cup and the Olympics. IMO.

But there are pockets of resistence even over these really major events.
Old 17 Jul 2007, 13:37 (Ref:1965721)   #38
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
15 GT1s - 6 from LMES, 6 from ALMS, 3 from FIA GT.
15 GT2s - Ditto.
Im very dissapointed here.

how can the best GT1/GT2 class in Europe (if not the world) only get 3 entries in each class? Thats **** imo. And try and find 6 GT1 in the ALMS mate!

Aaaand where would Aston get their entry from, as they don't race anywhere?

And what about FFSA GT1, which has a pretty good entry?

How about 4 LMS, 4 GT1, 4 ALMS (there are only two GT1!) and 3 "wildcards" best of the rest of world GT, so JLMC, FFSA, and any leftovers from LMS or FIA GT?