Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Jul 2008, 17:29 (Ref:2250730)   #1
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
HSCC Pembrey

We had a brilliant time in sunny Wales. Bit miffed it now cost nearly £20.00 for the truck to cross the bridge but thats my only complaint. The weather helped a lot very sunny and i for one think the circiut is great very challinging and very safe.We had the biggist grid of the weekend " Historic FF2000" and entertained a lot of spectators with some close racing. We have been asking on our foram who wants to go back next year and have recevied some negative answers about how far it is to travel to the track mainley from drivers who did not go this year. The entry fee was only £145.00 for 20 min qual and 2 15 min races and we threw in a free BBQ. I think that was great value and will certainley go back next year.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 17:38 (Ref:2250736)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like Pembrey, just don't get the time to go there anymore. Nice friendly circuit (even if a Jag did T bone me last time). Not as easy as it looks either.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 19:36 (Ref:2250811)   #3
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pembrey

Agreed. Great little circuit and smashing meeting. If you could guarantee that the weather would be like it was on Sunday I'd go back every time. Robert
Old 14 Jul 2008, 20:45 (Ref:2250853)   #4
Austinspace75
Racer

England
Cardiff
Austinspace75 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I popped along to Pembrey late yesterday morning to have a watch. Glad I did.

Unfortunately we were too late for the FF2000 which was a shame 'cos I like those cars very much and I might have a go at it one day, but we saw some great other stuff including the mighty battles between the F2 Brabham and F3 cars.

By the way, is that entry fee typical of Historic FF2000 and/or HSCC? That's brilliant value for money.
Old 14 Jul 2008, 22:01 (Ref:2250914)   #5
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian I second your thoughts great weekend with some good clean motorsport and sunshine.............. ...............I would happly go back. Its not that far really.

Thanks for all the bits as well.

ps I liked Angelsey last year as well great track.

Austinspace75

no unfortunatly not the norm but dont let that put you off the HSCC offers some great racing with a excelent spread of tracks.

Benn S
Old 15 Jul 2008, 06:09 (Ref:2251016)   #6
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to Ten Tenths Ben. Wish i could get the Lotus 22 to go as well as you and the Cooper. "very impressed well done "
Old 15 Jul 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2251227)   #7
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
Welcome to Ten Tenths Ben. Wish i could get the Lotus 22 to go as well as you and the Cooper. "very impressed well done "

Cheers Ian
The cooper is a lovley car and is such great fun proper chuckable I will be sad to see it go when stuart sells her.
I am sure given some time on setup the 22 will come good
Old 15 Jul 2008, 16:21 (Ref:2251402)   #8
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The HSCC had some assistance from (I think) the Welsh Development Agency, and used it to provide such excellent value. Those of us who weren't racing (and a few who were - step forward Alan Hicks!) had a great night in the clubhouse on Saturday evening (after the Historic FF2000 barbecue). Tammy Davies, who I'm told is the daughter of someone important at Pembrey, sang her heart out and really entered into the spirit of the occasion - what a star!

Big meetings like the Superprix and the Gold Cup are great, but there is something very special about a traditional clubbie. The people behind Pembrey, the HSCC and the marshals (who had a lot of tempting alternatives last weekend) made it very memorable.

I, for one, hope that we can persuade enough people to go back to make it a regular fixture.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2251599)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
See Terance you should of come after all.
Old 15 Jul 2008, 22:28 (Ref:2251619)   #10
Caramba
Rookie

Wales
Swansea
Caramba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had a great weekend marshalling at Hatchets.

Some excellent racing from a real variety of cars. The FF2000's, FF1600's & Historic Saloons were particularly good but I enjoyed everything.

It was a complete contrast to the GP the previous weekend but as Alan has said there is something special about a club meeting like the HSCC one.

Hope you lot come back & bring a few more cars next time !
Old 16 Jul 2008, 12:59 (Ref:2251927)   #11
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a great weekend - helped of course by the weather turning out to be hugely better than anticipated.

Circuit is fun, I was intimidated by it for the first few laps of qualifying, but by the end of the 1st Race I was really enjoying it, the 2nd Race even more so. Interesting that so many of us had brake issues, in my case at Esses and Brooklands, so coming after the long left of Dibeni/Paddock - so I strongly suspect pad knock-off, but it was something that I though I'd cured in my car.

Having my wife and 18 month old daughter in attendance precluded my attendance at the Saturday evening shindig, but I gather it was good fun.

Turnout for HRS was a bit disappointing, (as it was for others), and a few of the local circuit officials were a little over-zealous in some regards, but it's no big deal - all-in-all very good value for money in my opinion, and I'm more than happy to drive there (or Croft ... please) and I road-drive my TR, so I don't even have the comforts of a stereo or aircon ...

James