Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 Jul 2012, 13:59 (Ref:3102873)   #1
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HFF driver John Crowell injured at BH - update

John Crowell is a relative of a friend. John was badly injured on Sunday 1st July in the HFF race at Brands. The team at BH did a wonderful job and moved John to hospital quickly via the local air ambulance. X-rays and scans showed a fratured skull, broken upper jaw, a broken arm a lots of brusies.
John has been operated on, inserting titanium plates in the jaw to secure all the broken parts. He is now recovering in hospital. Although very bruised and battered John is in good spirits and looking forward to leaving hospital to go home.

I have asked John and his wife for permission to publish this update as I know a number of posters on Ten-Tenths have asked after him.

Ian.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3102891)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Many thanks Ian, I'm sure everyone here will be wishing John a speedy recovery.
Old 6 Jul 2012, 18:35 (Ref:3102963)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent news! For a while people were holding their breath at the weekend. Peter Richards, who races with us in Historic FF2000 was there at the meeting as a spectator. He used to be a circuit doctor many years ago. Here's what he had to say...

Quote:
I popped into the medical centre in the aftermath of the crash and was delighted to see several of the team I was working with 35 years ago when I was first doing medical work with bike racing. They must be the most experienced pre-hospital care team in the UK, possibly the world, and they were as slick and well drilled as I remember them-and we had some bad ones in the old days.

Showing typical organisation they called in the helicopter just in case when things were potentially bad, though the driver picked up quickly and was fully conscious when I arrived, so its use wasn't essential, but allowed him to be efficiently moved to the regional trauma centre rather than an ambulance to the local district general. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Having an accident is not a good thing, but if its going to happen Brands Hatch is probably the best place to have it. Well done to Sue & the team there.

peterR