Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Apr 2015, 03:11 (Ref:3530376)   #1201
Rcz
Veteran

United States
Rcz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That may have been some concept thing for a video game. Fantasy concept car seem to have gotten popular these days in games.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 22:54 (Ref:3530616)   #1202
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I donĀ“t like the spec engine, but if the ACO select a spec engine for the future P2, I would like that this engine will be the Lambo V10 Huracan Super Trofeo.
This engine have 620 HP and a very beautiful sound.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/lamborg...ring-mountain/
Old 25 Apr 2015, 03:23 (Ref:3530659)   #1203
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately, ACO/FIA will stick to V8 engines instead. Low-cost maintenance and affordability is needed for LMP2 through their eyes.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 03:29 (Ref:3530660)   #1204
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An engine must do a full season without being touched, that's a good 7000km total for the season Inc testing. The current restricted units do well in that regard, are easy to work with and maintain decent power and drive ability. I reckon pushing them to higher revving higher power units would see reliability gremlins though it would be nice if they were a little quicker in a straight line than they are now for the sake of overtaking those pesky gt's easier.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 03:42 (Ref:3530661)   #1205
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The V10 of the Lambo Huracan is the same engine like the Gallardo and the Audi R8 LMS GT3, with a lot of 24 hours races, then this is a very reliable engine.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 03:59 (Ref:3530665)   #1206
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's the case and they can do 7k between rebuilds then it would be great but I'd be surprised if it wasn't quite a bit more expensive than the current units and I'd be even more surprised if they decided to increase the cylinder count rather than maintaining the current or even a 6T.

Edit: found this: "The Audi R8 LMS ultra and its US version are perfect race cars for privateer teams. A rebuild of the near-production V10 engine is only due after 20.000 kilometres of racing."

Colour me impressed. Let's race these babies then.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 07:09 (Ref:3530681)   #1207
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
LMP2 Manufacturers and Engine Suppliers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
The V10 of the Lambo Huracan is the same engine like the Gallardo and the Audi R8 LMS GT3, with a lot of 24 hours races, then this is a very reliable engine.

Reliable moreso in the Audi then the Reiter Lamborghinis. If memory serves me correctly a couple of years ago Prince Von Turn und Taxis was down to drive one of the Reiter cars in the Spa 24hr but it blew an engine before he got to drive it in the race with the race being a couple of hours old. The Prince then decided to have a few drinks in the pits and the police got involved somehow...
Old 25 Apr 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3530690)   #1208
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Reliable moreso in the Audi then the Reiter Lamborghinis. If memory serves me correctly a couple of years ago Prince Von Turn und Taxis was down to drive one of the Reiter cars in the Spa 24hr but it blew an engine before he got to drive it in the race with the race being a couple of hours old. The Prince then decided to have a few drinks in the pits and the police got involved somehow...
so true, so true. The 5.2 V10 FSI is a reworked and updated version of the lamborghini V10 5.0 that powered the gallardo first generation. The engine block is basically the same but audi and reiter tuned it in different ways for their GT3 cars. In the R8 LMS the same engine is less powerfull than the one used in the gallardo's (because of bop) but much more reliable! just think about that in 2010 or 2011, one phoenix car used the same engine to run both 24H nurburgring and 24H spa
Old 26 Apr 2015, 15:22 (Ref:3530937)   #1209
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Darren Cox actually speaks some clear minded sense for once:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...osals-bad.html

Quote:
“That would be a retrograde step – we’re definitely disappointed about this,” he stated. “As an engine supplier, we can spend money on a class, back drivers to race there and so on. We’ll certainly bid for the 2017 P2 engine supply, but it would be on a commerical basis and we wouldn’t be able to brand the engines, so there’d be no incentive to spend money on marketing or other activities around it. It’s the same in GP3 – that’s our engine, from the 350Z, but we can’t brand it.

“I don’t normally rush to judgement on things and I’ve been trying to figure out if I’ve missed something, but I really can’t see the logic behind these proposals and I don’t know anyone who thinks it’s a good idea. As the ELMS race at Silverstone shows, there’s really nothing wrong with P2 right now. Okay, it went through a tough time in the WEC, but it’s on the up again and a strong ELMS will give you a strong WEC P2 class as teams and drivers move up. We love P2 – we think we have the three best drivers from there in our P1 car this year in Pla, Tincknell and Mardenborough.”
Yeah what he says in the second chapter!

It also makes mockery of Fillon's total BS he said about there being 'universal opinion' for spec engine contract. Current biggest P2 supplier says its **** and other people have moaned on public too, yeah universal indeed.

Not sure I understand the GP3 reference though, yeah the engines are basically Nissans but called/built/prepared/supported/whatever by AER... like BMW-Judd etc. So does that mean that if they got the P2 spec deal, they wouldn't be able to call them Nissans but something else? I mean I always expected few rich people to continue fake-rebranding engines even if it was a full spec field and whether or not Nissan agreed or not, but this sounds more grand? IDK

Last edited by Deleted; 26 Apr 2015 at 15:28.
Old 26 Apr 2015, 18:28 (Ref:3530990)   #1210
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
This is hilarious. The biggest engine supplier at the moment and a decent shoe in to be the sole engine supplier under the new regs isn't happy with where the new regs are going. Brilliant
Old 26 Apr 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3530991)   #1211
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
ACO PR people might be civing mr Cox a call I wish Nissan would retaliate somehow.

Of course there are three very happy parties

Hugues de Chaunac
Jacques Nicolet
Volkswagen (likely) board of directors

The new motto should be, 'the needs of few outweigh the needs of many'
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:18 (Ref:3531176)   #1212
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well Darren gets my vote on all points raised. But seeing as Nismo aren't based in Magny-Cours it's not surprising that he doesn't see any benefit to the proposed regulations

ACO = Steam
Oreca/Onroak = Bethesda
2017 P2 regs = Monetising game mods
Shafted fans = shafted fans...
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:28 (Ref:3531209)   #1213
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
The motto should be, 'the greed of few outweigh the needs of many'
Corrected that one for you.

And it's as old as Rome (or Athens or Carthage). Really old therefor!
Old 27 Apr 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3531213)   #1214
Deleted
Veteran

At least they've paid attention in history lessons...
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:27 (Ref:3531285)   #1215
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I understand the complaint of Darren Cox, because Nissan is not there to get money for selling engines, as Judd could be. They want to exposure they brand. I'm not in favor of the 2017 engine specs, it convert P2 to P3.
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3531290)   #1216
Deleted
Veteran

You actually think Judd has a chance for contract? Would they currently even have the capacity?

Also Nissan can still make the bid, and they are doing so too, but I think whomever (VW...?) wanted monopoly in the first place has probably made the backdoor offer with ACO already
Old 27 Apr 2015, 20:47 (Ref:3531295)   #1217
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You actually think Judd has a chance for contract? Would they currently even have the capacity?

Also Nissan can still make the bid, and they are doing so too, but I think whomever (VW...) wanted monopoly in the first place has probably made the backdoor offer
But I'm not saying that a single supplier must to provide engines to all teams. I was putting an example of what the suppliers want for 2017 instead the proposed rules. Basically let the things as today, letting engine's developers be able to sell engines as Judd do.
Old 28 Apr 2015, 09:03 (Ref:3531427)   #1218
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Also Nissan can still make the bid, and they are doing so too, but I think whomever (VW...?) wanted monopoly in the first place has probably made the backdoor offer with ACO already
Touche my friend!

Was there ever an Audi P2 engine? For if so, maybe that could be the badge on their backdoor offer, save having to change the cars in the staff car park at Le Mans.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 17:30 (Ref:3531862)   #1219
Deleted
Veteran

And I thought spec was the spice?

VARIETY IS THE SPICE - LMP2 PREVIEW

This isn'r the first time they've PR-boosted up the variety factor in P2 while at the same time pressing on with the 2017 BS either. ACO presser surely loves to throw in contradicting messages!
Old 29 Apr 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3531873)   #1220
Deleted
Veteran

So what Cox said on DSC about the GP3 engine reference, makes more sense with this from Dagys (also the boring spec is still going ahead):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportscar365
Work continues on the finalization of the 2017 LMP2 regulations, which has taken another twist. Sportscar365 has learned the tender for the spec engine, to be used in the FIA WEC, ELMS and Asian LMS, may not include OEM activation from the selected manufacturer, but potentially being run as an unbranded engine. Further details are expected to be revealed by the FIA and ACO in June.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:16 (Ref:3531881)   #1221
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
"...may not include OEM activation..." so no badges and names on the engine and cars?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:33 (Ref:3531888)   #1222
Deleted
Veteran

Think it just says no OEM on engine.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3531894)   #1223
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm buying a 2017 P2 and badging it as a Mazda.
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3531899)   #1224
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about badging it as a Yugo or KIA ?
Old 29 Apr 2015, 18:57 (Ref:3531900)   #1225
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Think it just says no OEM on engine.
Think TOCA-engine in BTCC.