Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 12 Mar 2002, 02:14 (Ref:233274)   #1
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blonde Brooke

An absolutely gorgeous brunette turns blonde.
A lot of people didn't like Brooke's new look.
She does look radically different.
What do you all think ?

Surprizing how pretty Bill France Jr's niece is, isn't it ?
Attached Thumbnails
02-blondebrooke.jpg  
Old 12 Mar 2002, 02:27 (Ref:233275)   #2
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Big Bill's neice?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 02:29 (Ref:233276)   #3
NASCAR_geM
Rookie

NASCAR_geM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stanley !! Thank you for posting that. I noticed her a couple of weeks ago on pit lane, but the camera didn't stay with her long enough to really get a good look. Personally, I think she looks great both ways, but I like her dark hair better. Looks better with her complexion.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 02:48 (Ref:233278)   #4
The Beer Baron
Veteran

The Beer Baron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the blond Brook looks way too much older

The natural brunette is better
Old 12 Mar 2002, 03:10 (Ref:233282)   #5
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where did you hear she is Bill France Jr's niece? Can anyone confirm that?
Old 12 Mar 2002, 10:53 (Ref:233437)   #6
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Tim,
I have tried to locate that article again but have been unable to find it.
I swear I didn't make it up.
I read it somewhere a while back, it really surprised me,
I just figured most everyone else knew.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 13:58 (Ref:233562)   #7
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
I've never heard that before. But that doesn't mean it isn't true. It wouldn't surprise me all that much though. Jeff Gordon has always had a knack for knowing the right people to further his career. He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth like so many people thing, but he sure figured out how to get ahead somewhere along the way.

But I can relate to not finding things you read. I've got into the habit of bookmarking every webpage I find interesting lately, because I see something, then later I can't remember where I saw it at. That really bugs me...
Old 12 Mar 2002, 15:17 (Ref:233607)   #8
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Flintstone Flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britney?
Brooke?

Sexy? Yes!

Yummy!
Old 12 Mar 2002, 15:42 (Ref:233615)   #9
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Wait a minute here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim B
Jeff Gordon has always had a knack for knowing the right people to further his career. He may not have been born with a silver spoon in his mouth like so many people thing, but he sure figured out how to get ahead somewhere along the way.

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth.

JG's step daddy was the silver spoon. Most kids beginning to race would not get the equipment or daddys money like Jeff did. Thats a fact.

How his step daddy got the money and how is spent it is fine. If I had the cash to put a child into a sport such as racing and could afford the best, I would do the same. But thats not the question, the question was "was he born with a silver spoon in his mouth", the reality of it is he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth but his mommy remarried and got one for him.

I agree once he got into the sprints he made a name for himself then he made his way. He earned it from there.

Take a look around Mark Martin had to beat his way in, he used his dads trucking company for some help but still had to scrape and fight.

Jimmy Spencer started out racing junk cars at his uncle's junk yard. Built his own clunker and got started.

Earnhardt didn't get much from anybody,All he got was some tutoring from his dad,he had to beg borrow and steal. And he did pays those debts off later in life.

You don't hear any of those type stories about Gordon. Know why? Because there isn't any to tell.
Old 12 Mar 2002, 20:08 (Ref:233789)   #10
NASCAR_geM
Rookie

Re: Wait a minute here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Cojones
You don't hear any of those type stories about Gordon. Know why? Because there isn't any to tell.
Wait a minute !! There are all kinds of “ JG stories to be told” .. You guys just don’t read up on them… Do you want me to give you a JG story of the day, each and every day ??? I would LOVE to do that but don’t want anybody to get irate!! * G *
Old 12 Mar 2002, 21:34 (Ref:233818)   #11
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Re: Re: Wait a minute here!

Quote:
Originally posted by NASCAR_geM
Wait a minute !! There are all kinds of “ JG stories to be told” .. You guys just don’t read up on them… Do you want me to give you a JG story of the day, each and every day ??? I would LOVE to do that but don’t want anybody to get irate!! * G *
Oh come on geM, you really don't want to get into those stories of Jeffery and his hand modeling days do you?

You know that was how he use to pick up some spare change to help finance his race cars before he was famous.

Back to the subject of the thread....

Looking at the above pictures I have to say the Brunette Brooke looks much more attractive!
Old 12 Mar 2002, 21:56 (Ref:233839)   #12
NASCAR_geM
Rookie

Hand modeling ??? What’s Dat ??

Excuse me, but I’m not exactly sure what you mean, Mr. Meanie… * G * Is that a “ giveme, giveme, giveme” kind of deal ?? Whatever it takes baby !!

If I could have figured out how to beg, borrow or steal into a life as a millionaire, I’d have done it… Just wasn’t smart e‘nuff… Had to fall for love over money. But I’m sure we are all happier, right !! Don’t have to put up with the media or snot nose NASCAR fans writing about us on bulletin boards, etc.. * G*
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:01 (Ref:233957)   #13
Racerex
Rookie

Racerex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am NOT a JG fan but why dogg him when it is apparent he is a great driver and really a class act we are lucky to have him in our series.
My god I cant believe I typed that!
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:10 (Ref:233964)   #14
NASCAR_geM
Rookie

Hear Hear...

RacerEX for President !! Good job buddy..LOL !! I'll drink to that !
Old 13 Mar 2002, 02:40 (Ref:233975)   #15
Irene
Rookie

Irene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will give u that is he a good driver.....But lucky?????

I wouldnt go that far!!!!!!!!! We were lucky to have a man like Dale Earnhardt in our sport but not Jeff Gordon. That is like puttin ghim up there with Dale and we all know he is far from there!!!!!!!
Old 13 Mar 2002, 13:09 (Ref:234210)   #16
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Thanks Irene!

Doggin him?
This is kindergarten ****, ask the geM about doggin JG!
I give him his credit, but I sure don't dog him like I use to.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 14:27 (Ref:234260)   #17
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I will tell you all right now, very few of the drivers who reach the top came from poor or lower class families.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 15:08 (Ref:234279)   #18
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Jeez, how did I know this was gonna turn into yet another Bash Gordon thread?

To reply to the comment about Jeff Gordon getting his Step Dad's money for racing, yeah, that is true to a point. In an interview with Newsweek, his Step Dad said that the family "slept in pick-up trucks and made our own parts. That's why I think Jeff is misunderstood by people who think he was born to rich parents and had a silver spoon in his mouth." And even though it is obviously a case of Gordon getting support from his family to get started in racing, by the time he was 16, he was supporting them off of his winnings. And you can bet your bottom dollar they's livin' fat now that he's a multi-millionaire. Sounds like a pretty good investment that ol John Bickford made in my opinion. One that has paid off bigtime.

And as far as his catching up to Dale Earnhardt goes, he ain't all that far behind. DE had 76 wins, Gordon has 58 at the moment, so that means 18 to go to tie, 19 to pass. He's already topped him in total winnings. DE had 7 Championships, Gordon has 4, and he's only 30. Plenty of time to catch up and even surpass his record. There are also plenty of other stats that the two compare on. Now if you were to say Gordon will never top Richard Petty's 200 wins, I'd agree to that. I think that is impossible, considering the number of races run in a season now.

But how can you compare anyone to Dale Earnhardt? It's kind of insulting to Earnhardt to compare him to anybody. But to compare him to someone like Jeff Gordon is rediculous. Gordon is only 30 years old, has won so much freekin money that he's giving it away, has the best equipment available, has Richard Petty's former Crew Chief, has one of the best records NASCAR has ever seen, and you think he can't improve on it?

But if you must compare them, look at all three, Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, and Jeff Gordon. If you look at the career stats of all three, Gordon is darn close to both of them in a lot of ways.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 15:18 (Ref:234284)   #19
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Brunette vs Blonde Brooke

I think I prefer the brunette Brooke.
She just isn't as cute as a blonde.
Brooke has that "girl next door" look.
The blonde hair changes her look completely.
I know most guys would take her either way, LMAO.

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 13 Mar 2002 at 15:20.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 15:38 (Ref:234290)   #20
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

The Silver Fox

Quote:
Jeez, how did I know this was gonna turn into yet another Bash Gordon thread?
Not meant to bash the ole Wonder Bouy! Just a little ribbing there chief. Its all fun and games.

Quote:
But how can you compare anyone to Dale Earnhardt?
Great Point!

Quote:
But if you must compare them, look at all three, Richard Petty, Dale Earnhardt, and Jeff Gordon. If you look at the career stats of all three, Gordon is darn close to both of them in a lot of ways.
I think it most all comes down to opinions, but Earnhardt was my generations greatest! So he is my pick and by god I will never waiver on that.

If you took a close look though David Pearson may have the best stats of all.
Due to him setting out races and not running a full season a time or 2 in his prime (because he was hard headed) he lost out in the Championships and in the win column. His winning percentage is one of the highest ever.

On the other hand alot can be said of the teams for each driver.

At one time Petty was the only Factory driver, then the woods bros started kicking some butt. Through the late 70's and early 80's Junior Johnson dominatied the series with Waltrip and Cale. Junior may have had the all time greatest run in the sport, especially in the modern day.

A huge point to be made about Gordon is his tenure with Hendricks, Earnhardt did the same with Childress the only diff being it took a few years of Dales career for them to hook up.

Luck or skill?? The bottom line is JG is hooked up on a team that probably won't take any steps backward for years to come, and in relation to that everybody else is in chase mode.

In my eyes Tony and the Gibbs crew are the only thing close in this moment and there is no way Tony's tenure will last as long as the Hendricks -JG deal.

Hows that for straying off the subject of the thread...BTW I like how her boobs look in the stripe shirt.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 16:05 (Ref:234300)   #21
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Let's try to keep it clean now... Family forum and all that.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 16:45 (Ref:234338)   #22
Dick Blom
Rookie

Dick Blom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
To reply to the comment about Jeff Gordon getting his Step Dad's money for racing, yeah, that is true to a point. In an interview with Newsweek, his Step Dad said that the family "slept in pick-up trucks and made our own parts. That's why I think Jeff is misunderstood by people who think he was born to rich parents and had a silver spoon in his mouth." And even though it is obviously a case of Gordon getting support from his family to get started in racing, by the time he was 16, he was supporting them off of his winnings. And you can bet your bottom dollar they's livin' fat now that he's a multi-millionaire. Sounds like a pretty good investment that ol John Bickford made in my opinion. One that has paid off bigtime.
Very interesting quote Tim, I have never seen it and it is a good one. Thanks, and I thought your whole post was a good one. Also thanks Racerex.
Old 13 Mar 2002, 17:06 (Ref:234358)   #23
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Yeah, but when I copied it into a text file, I forgot to include which issue of Newsweek it was in.
I may not be as good of a writer as some people I know, but I try to always keep up with the sources nowdays...

But everyone seems to think Jeff Gordon started out as a rich kid. That wasn't the case. His Step Dad had a manufacturing business that he sold when they moved to Indiana, and it wasn't long before Jeffie was the sole provider for his family, supporting them from his winnings. I can't help but wonder if he resented that too. Again, I don't have a source for this (I found this before I was as meticulous as I am about such things now...) but this quote really made me wonder. Did he feel taken advantage of?

"Jeff finished 1995 with a new outlook on his career. He was not the 'star of the future' anymore but a proven champion. In addition, he asked his parents to give up their role as his managers. He hired Bob Brannan in May of 1995 to manage his business affairs. His parents, who led him to the doorstep of Winston Cup competition were on the outside looking in."

But I also heard he bought his parents a house soon after winning the Championship, so if there was any resentment, he must have gotten over it. That doesn't sound like something you would do if you felt you were taken advantage of. Not to mention, he talks about John Bickford quite often, and credits him for a lot of his sucess.

Last edited by Tim B; 13 Mar 2002 at 17:08.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 02:20 (Ref:238903)   #24
MoBlaxOnDaTrak
Rookie

MoBlaxOnDaTrak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on now.. Dont blame Jeff for his parents being successfull.. any of those guys with rides who claim they wouldnt have taken their parents money early in their career is lying like priest in boston..

In South Central LA, we dont hate the player we hate the game baby.. its not Jeffys world, he is just living in it.. their are so many other good reasons to hate Jeff Gordon, but the whole Silver Spoon angles is just plain dumb.

What does everyone think now that the Gordons will be no more... Sorry, Advertising is not allowed here.

Last edited by Tim B; 19 Mar 2002 at 06:23.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 02:46 (Ref:238917)   #25
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Big Mo you talk good!