Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2002, 15:47 (Ref:236505)   #1
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
RaceFanStan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brooke has filed for divorce !!!

This is no joke !!!

Here's the link :

http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost...922b310d1.html

Brooke will be alone in a very big house, (or will she ?)
Attached Thumbnails
02-brookeslonelyhome.jpg  

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 16 Mar 2002 at 15:49.
Old 16 Mar 2002, 17:38 (Ref:236556)   #2
Sporty
Rookie

Sporty should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all about the money

I bet she is down with O.P.P
Old 16 Mar 2002, 23:06 (Ref:236924)   #3
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some points:

1) How will sponsors react to Jeff 'Goody Two Shoes'' marital misconduct?

2) If that doesn't matter, how's about the fact he drives 'round in a Porsche & Mercedes. Mercedes, is of course, parent company of Dodge. Does the divorce papers say if she's seeking custody of the chevrolet Malibu? Or perhaps she will share that!

3) Gaudy house

4) Is the divorce a consequence of the NWC schedule?

5) What's o.p.p (ref. Last post)

Last edited by bobdrummond; 16 Mar 2002 at 23:06.
Old 16 Mar 2002, 23:18 (Ref:236939)   #4
John B
Rookie

John B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone see a connection between JG's unspectacular start in 2002 and this news?
Old 16 Mar 2002, 23:43 (Ref:236961)   #5
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
The article says :
Their marriage is "irretrievably broken as a result of the husband's marital misconduct",
looks like jeff has been cheating, with who Brooke hasn't said ..... YET.
I'm sure jeff's excuse will be interesting ..... NOT !!! LMAO
Old 17 Mar 2002, 00:19 (Ref:236985)   #6
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
I will tell you the reason :

Quote:
Originally posted by John B
Does anyone see a connection between JG's unspectacular start in 2002 and this news?
It is real simple, the 48 car was a new team with no provisionals,
You are part owner, what do you do ?

It's obvious, you make sure that the 48 makes the first 4 races by giving him your best car, then after the first 4 races you take the best car for yourself.

I knew that was what was going on but I didn't want to get into a heated argument about it, the 48 will run good but I expect the 24 to run better, it made for good press to tout jeff as having a "slump" but it's over now, watch and see.

Last edited by Stan_MarlinMan; 17 Mar 2002 at 00:21.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 00:48 (Ref:236993)   #7
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stan_MarlinMan
The article says :
Their marriage is "irretrievably broken as a result of the husband's marital misconduct",
looks like jeff has been cheating, with who Brooke hasn't said .....
Sound like it to me too. Does anyone want to bet it was a blonde? This would explain Brooke's change of hair color.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 01:05 (Ref:236999)   #8
bobdrummond
Racer

bobdrummond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of her new hair, I bet she's going to cut it short soon. I much prefer her brunette, actually.

I'm going to have a tough choice now - Britney or Brooke. Maybe both!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 01:49 (Ref:237015)   #9
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Flintstone Flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
geM????

Come on geM, where are you I really wish to hear your retort.

Oh my goodness, all that holier than thou stuff!
Old 17 Mar 2002, 04:43 (Ref:237052)   #10
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Ax Slinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to agree with Stan's assessment of Gordon's season thus far, but will add that while he may have done that, he still didn't leave himself in a bad position either.

As far as the divorce is concerned, I prefer not to speculate. I'll see what happens when it happens. But considering how much money and success he has aquired since they got married, I can see how it could get "interesting", and could distract him from Winston Cup racing for awhile.

But I will say that considering how cases like this usually go, Brooke is gonna make out like a fat rat. Specially if Jeffy is guilty as charged.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 05:59 (Ref:237065)   #11
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One wonders if Brooke will join our Anti-Gordonhead Brigade.

Last edited by Joe Fan; 17 Mar 2002 at 06:00.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 06:33 (Ref:237068)   #12
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
Perhaps I should explain why I don't care to speculate on this divorce proceding. Everyone that I know that has heard about this, (including myself obviously, considering my previous statement "Specially if Jeffy is guilty as charged"), is assuming that "marital misconduct" means Jeffy is doing the horizontal mambo with someone other than Brooke, and that is why she has filed for divorce. Jayski's website has the same story that many news sources now have, but also has this statement that seems to indicate otherwise.

"Marital misconduct is defined legally as any conduct that undermines the marital relationship or behavior that forces one spouse to assume extra burdens in a marriage."

This statement, as you can probably guess, could mean almost anything. So maybe, since we all know how hectic of a schedule Winston Cup drivers have, Brooke is tired of him being on the road all the time. Or maybe he's always too busy or too tired to spend any "quality" time with her? Think about it. What does she do during all of his races, appearances, filming of TV shows and commercials, all the traveling, etc. Sit by and watch? Maybe she's just tired of that?

As a former band leader I can tell you that living on the road has it's effects on a marriage. In the 1970's, I was married to a woman I never saw because I was never home. Our marriage was going down the tubes very quickly as a result of my job. We decided that in order to save our relationship that she would go on the road with me. She absolutely hated it, and went home after three months. We got a divorce short time later.

Brooke has been living life Jeff's way for 7 years now. Maybe she just wants a life of her own? But there are only two people who know whats happening and why, and neither of them are talking right now. Jeff says they are going to make an announcement next week, so we'll see what they have to say then.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 13:25 (Ref:237435)   #13
RaceFanStan
Veteran

United States
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
It seems that "marital misconduct" in Florida is similar to "irreconcilable differences" where I live,
It appears that sex may not have been involved.
If jeff's schedule was affecting his marriage, it would be an understandable reason for declining IROC.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:36 (Ref:237475)   #14
CA Racetramp
Racer

CA Racetramp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Fan
One wonders if Brooke will join our Anti-Gordonhead Brigade.
Maybe Goldon Boy is just a "Boy" after all and Brooke wants a bigger "motor".
Let's welcome her with open arms....LOL
Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:59 (Ref:237487)   #15
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
A bigger "motor", huh? I'm sure Stan would give her the ol' College try... Wouldn'ya Stan?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 17:59 (Ref:237635)   #16
Rod Longstaffer
Rookie

Rod Longstaffer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have got to wonder about the wonder boy now!

Stan that stuff about the 48 car doesn't get it. That's what I call cutting your nose off to spite your face! I am sure he has spent time with Jimmie helping him, but his 1st priorty is the 24 machine.

Who knows maybe its been the wrong kind of time spent with him that Brooke has caught on too.

Brooke has got him by the boo-boo for sure. Othewise she wouldn't be asking for what she is. She wants more than 1/2 which means its more than just time spent away.

Sands through the hourglass as these are the Days of Jeff and Brooke's private life.

Private no more I smell a book by Brooke that will tell all and lead to the down fall of the Rainboe warrior.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 19:07 (Ref:237703)   #17
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
I highly doubt that anything Brooke would (or could) do will hurt Jeff Gordon other than financially. And he's got do much money it won't even that hurt him all that much. You take half of a multi-millionaire's money, and guess what? He's still a multi-millionaire.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 20:57 (Ref:237790)   #18
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Well well well, I have a question for Lars and Tim B.

Cojones and Boobs are too much?

So could you explain to our family viewers what you mean here?

"A bigger "motor", huh? I'm sure Stan would give her the ol' College try... Wouldn'ya Stan? "

And how about....I personally find all the speculation ya'll are doing pretty funny. I'm surprised nobody has said that Jeffy was doing the horizontal mambo with his biggest *banned* racing fan."

Help me ot here could ya?
Old 17 Mar 2002, 22:00 (Ref:237834)   #19
Ax Slinger
Veteran

United States
The Lost Coast
I think you know what it means. And I also think you know the difference between an implication and coming right out and saying cajones and boobs. It's kind of like dancing on the line without actually crossing it. But actually, nobody seems to care about that, so I suppose it's fine anyway. Maybe I'm wrong about that, maybe not? I don't know. Nobody has actually said anything about it besides me so maybe I was being too much of a Daddy when it wasn't really necessary.

Now if I can ask you something... Why did you qoute what I said at SCF here? Why not quote it there? Besides, the answer is right there in the thread. But in the event that you still don't understand, here's another hint for ya. Check your posts in this thread. (In other words, I'll give ya hints, but I ain't mentioning names.)
Old 18 Mar 2002, 00:40 (Ref:237958)   #20
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Lars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BC...if you play by the rules (read the FAQ section) set forth by our boss (Craig)...your golden. If you don't, ya get the boot! Obviously, the aforementioned person who got banned didn't. That person was warned numerous times & ignored the warnings...as at the other board.

As for what Tim said at a different board doesn't apply here, we have a different set of rules here than at the other board. Not trying to pizz & moan here, but Tim & I are doing the job Craig asked us to do.

BC...in my mind you haven't done anything wrong. You know what I have asked of you and I am still waiting for your 2nd PM telling me what you have decided??? I thank you very much for replying to & acting on my 1st request.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 00:47 (Ref:237963)   #21
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Of course now I'll say something about Jeff & Brooke. Not too many drivers haven't gone through what they are going though...it's too bad. I have known a few that thought Jeff was holier than thou (Tramp, Rosie, Dick & Megs know who i'm talking about)...but I guess he is human like the rest of us. Dale E. has four children with three different women, Dale J. has four children with two different women, Jeremy Mayfield dumped his original wife for a new hottie...just to name a few. All I can say is "he who is without sin, shall cast the 1st stone".

Last edited by Lars; 18 Mar 2002 at 00:49.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 00:55 (Ref:237967)   #22
Flintstone Flyer
Rookie

Well Tim,
Sorry about the SFC bit I thought I was sure I saw it here first. One of those copy and paste deals, forgot where I was. See I might of made a mistake and I will scratch that one.

I have no bone to pick with anyone here, you included.

I still don't get your riddle BTW.

The words I use, the subjects I post about and how I chose my words and my handle (or sign in name) are very PG-13 at the most...IMO. I most often stick to the racing threads and don't play paddy cake on the others. I enjoy challenging engagment of opinions when it comes to racing or the puns that follow said subject.

I am all for having fun and I will lead the way in suggestive manners ,at times thats for sure. But I don't agree with anybody setting the rules one way and specifically pointing out their opinion on the matter and then doing a complete 180 degree turn and do what might be considered bending the rules in my opinion!

It takes quite a bit to offend me but I am considerate about how people take what I post. Now if Boobs is offensive, in your opinion, how do you feel about a Hooters car racing? Do the minors who read this board watch the races with you?

Now before you get bent out of shape, I hope I made a point here. I will leave this where it be and move on. Its up to you.

Like I said I have no issues or agendas with anyone here and I hope this clears the point I was trying to make.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 00:55 (Ref:237968)   #23
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
Now for the link...seems the article has been pulled? Checked the link sent by a few ppl in my e-mail & the one here.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 01:02 (Ref:237972)   #24
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
The link must have changed...found the article at this one.
http://www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost...922b310d1.html
Old 18 Mar 2002, 03:22 (Ref:238045)   #25
Lars
Veteran

United States
Junior Nation
BC...I apologize to you. I hadn't seen what Tim said at the other board at the time I posted.