Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Oct 2003, 21:53 (Ref:767468)   #1
FG1
Veteran

FG1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michel Vaillant Film

A little bird tells me that the Michel Vaillant film, for which two cars were in the Le Mans 24hrs in 2002, was released in France today (29th October). So come on chaps of a French persuasion, what's it like?

FG
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:09 (Ref:767806)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, Fab's supposed to be keeping an eye on this one - what's it like Mr. C.?
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:09 (Ref:767808)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There's been some discussion of this on another long-running thread Francis in "AE" I'll be merging this with that other once everyone here has had a chance to read whatever comments are forthcoming.....

(See http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=44791)

Last edited by Aysedasi; 30 Oct 2003 at 08:11.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 08:37 (Ref:767832)   #4
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
And as I precised it in the AE forum, it was another of my false news again (due to bad informations coming from Mrs Fab, have I to precise !) : it's planned for the 19th of November !

You don't have to have any regrets, FG !

Last edited by Fab; 30 Oct 2003 at 08:38.
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:02 (Ref:767851)   #5
FG1
Veteran

Aaaargh. Cherchez la femme!

Best regards to Mrs Fab though!

FG
Old 30 Oct 2003, 09:04 (Ref:767855)   #6
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by FG1
Aaaargh. Cherchez la femme!

Best regards to Mrs Fab though!

FG
Same to the whole FG's family ! Just for the members, we tasted some of the products we intend to serve nex year at the TT meeting
Old 30 Oct 2003, 12:27 (Ref:768006)   #7
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
lots of promo these days in french media (TV & newspapers) and it was said that it was +/- 75% about racing (not only Le Mans, unfortunately)
the images shown in extracts seem really good, and the soundtrack (by Archive) seems to be worth the listening
Old 30 Oct 2003, 13:33 (Ref:768053)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just hope it lives up to all the (long and drawn out) hype.....
Old 30 Oct 2003, 13:42 (Ref:768066)   #9
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To be fair, we only are aware of the long, drawn out, timescales because several of us were in place for the initial filming. I'd believe 18mnths from filming to release is pretty much par for the course.

I will have to start checking copies of Time Out on the newsagent's shelves to see if a showing in London Village is happening.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 16:10 (Ref:769345)   #10
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They made me trhe greatest birthday gift by releasing this movie the day before my birthday...
... I won't be able to sse it on 19th but on 20th with a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau (that's typical of french decadence !!!)

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 1 Nov 2003, 12:55 (Ref:770066)   #11
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if they will ever show it in North America?
Old 1 Nov 2003, 14:32 (Ref:770122)   #12
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
the images shown in extracts seem really good, and the soundtrack (by Archive) seems to be worth the listening
From what I have seen/heard on the official site, I am not so sure. David Arnold should charge M. Besson royalties, some of these clips sound like Bond ripoffs. Also, the "featured track" is a bit of a mess (I wonder where the composer found his inspiration - "hey Jude don't take it bad..."). Note to the lyricist: if you can't come up with proper English lyrics then maybe you should leave it altogether, and stick to writing in French. Nothing wrong with that, it's a French movie anyhow.

I hope to god the story isn't really the clichƩ-laden soap opera it seems to be. And if it is, we can always ignore the "acting bits", and fast-forward to the pretty pictures, like we do with "Le Mans".

The website has come along nicely, btw.
http://www.michelvaillant-lefilm.com
Old 1 Nov 2003, 15:28 (Ref:770142)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
I hope to god the story isn't really the clichƩ-laden soap opera it seems to be.
I'm afraid it will

Quote:
Originally posted by cybersdorf
And if it is, we can always ignore the "acting bits", and fast-forward to the pretty pictures, like we do with "Le Mans".
You're right, nevermind the romance and all the stuff, that's better than no Le Mans pics at all...
Old 1 Nov 2003, 16:46 (Ref:770189)   #14
FG1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
I'm afraid it will

You're right, nevermind the romance and all the stuff, that's better than no Le Mans pics at all...
Maybe I'm in a minority of one here, but I think Le Mans is a good film all round. It's quite touching in a way.

BTW I consider myself to be a hopeless cynic as far as films go.

FG
Old 1 Nov 2003, 22:26 (Ref:770371)   #15
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
I wonder if they will ever show it in North America?
Quebec.
Old 2 Nov 2003, 02:51 (Ref:770486)   #16
BobHWS
Veteran

United States
Winston-Salem, NC
BobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBobHWS should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is a little bit of info about this movie in the Internet Movie Database:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307156/

According to IMDB.com, the movie will have its premiere in Japan on Nov. 8 and then be released in France on Nov. 19.

Release dates for
Michel Vaillant (2003)

Country Date
Japan 8 November 2003 (premiere)
Belgium 19 November 2003
France 19 November 2003
Japan 20 December 2003
Netherlands 5 February 2004
Czech Republic 22 April 2004

Once the movie has its premiere, there should be more info on IMDB.com

For those of you who read French, there is a good discussion of the movie here:

http://www.commeaucinema.com/news.ph...149&cinenews=1
Old 2 Nov 2003, 08:19 (Ref:770535)   #17
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally posted by BobHWS
According to IMDB.com, the movie will have its premiere in Japan on Nov. 8 and then be released in France on Nov. 19.
Interresting point : is there a way here to push the japanese factories and public to pay more interest to the race ?
Old 2 Nov 2003, 13:10 (Ref:770724)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well Quebec is certainly closer than the Czech Republic. When do you think they'll have it there? 2007 perhaps?
Old 2 Nov 2003, 13:30 (Ref:770737)   #19
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
Quote:
Originally posted by Liz
Well Quebec is certainly closer than the Czech Republic. When do you think they'll have it there? 2007 perhaps?
Possibly never if it isn't a success in France. (and Japan )
Other than that, I believe it will be 22 April, 2004. (see above )
Old 15 Nov 2003, 09:42 (Ref:784141)   #20
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grrrr... Netherlands 5 February 2004

We're always ahead with things (or like to think we are) but when it comes to racing movies...we're almost dead last.
Old 15 Nov 2003, 09:53 (Ref:784150)   #21
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will there be a version dubbed in to English for Cinema / TV/ Video ?
Old 15 Nov 2003, 11:10 (Ref:784174)   #22
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

I don't know, but we've four days to go for the issue in France, and the gossips say that the movie is focused on LM... I hope !
Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:05 (Ref:785519)   #23
Gilles
Racer

European Union
The story of the movie is based on LM race...
... which is described as one of the last real human adventure.

It's funny to see that the Vaillante accident take place at the same place than Steve Mac Queen in "Le Mans" !!!

Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:31 (Ref:785531)   #24
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
what frightens me is that some (many) scenes seems to be on the Bugatti circuit (= not realistic)
Old 17 Nov 2003, 08:35 (Ref:785535)   #25
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Quote:
Originally posted by bernard b
what frightens me is that some (many) scenes seems to be on the Bugatti circuit (= not realistic)
Not the crash scene in fact because they close the road from Mulsanne to Arnage corner to shoot it.

But I understand your point because at present time they mostly show the sequence they are side-by-side driving under the "www.lemans.org" bridge, bridge which is on the Bugatti. That's probably a "discret" advertising for the ACO