Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Sep 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1094464)   #1
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks from Shelsley

As another season at Shelsley comes to a close after quite a busy day, may I thank everyone who has assisted us during the season. It has been quite a spectacular year with records and incidents throughout. I have had a thoroughly enjoyable season, and your friendship and expertise have been very much appreciated. I hope to see you all again next year in the hill's centenary season.

Thank you all, and very best wishes.

Chris Wolverson,
Chief Marshal
Old 12 Sep 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1094473)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Sorry I wasn't there Mr W.

Had similar fixture @ Gurston

We got wet...... again.

Thanks to all @ Shelsley. This year's been a tough one, but we're much the better for it I think.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 23:44 (Ref:1094537)   #3
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first year where I have been able to attend almost all of the meetings at Shelsley, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them....

I think alot of the smooth running has alot to do with the very capable CM so here's to another successful year in 2005 Chris...

Shireen
Old 13 Sep 2004, 07:12 (Ref:1094731)   #4
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep..........
Sorry I couldnt make the final meeting Woolley but I am sure Gizmo and the gang looked after you as well as the normal crew do..
Have had a good year and things on our side of the fence seem to be improving....Keep @ it Woolley old chap....
Old 13 Sep 2004, 16:52 (Ref:1095343)   #5
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to Woolley and all the Shelsley marshals.
You certainly earned your corn(Ok, beer) this weekend I thought
Great job all round chaps and chapsesses.

From a non-marshal.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 18:07 (Ref:1095472)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aw, thanks for the comments, folks, but I'm just one of a very good team on the hill, coupled with the fact that the club are really trying to make some improvements too. The social side is constantly picking up with our new marshals' camping area and especially thanks to Keith and Phil at the 'Chevron Bar' who make us very welcome at no charge.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1095543)   #7
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May I also pass-on both my thanks and congratulations to the MAC for another successful season. Next year can't come quickly enough for me.

But IMHO special credit should go to our beloved and most venerable Chief Marshal. His efforts to create a greater understanding between us Marshals and the Organisers have reaped great rewards for all involved and it has been a pleasure to "work" under someone who, whilst trying to continue the good work started by his predecessor, has added his own style and given, again IMHO, us Marshals a place to not only enjoy but also to feel safe in whilst we partake of our hobby.

Thanks Chris.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1095603)   #8
Andrew Gunnell
Racer

United Kingdom
stratford-upon-avon
Andrew Gunnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Chris and every one else at Shelsley for a brilliant year.

See you at Prescott in two weeks or if not next year.

Andrew
Old 14 Sep 2004, 17:01 (Ref:1096471)   #9
alec
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheltenham
alec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks again. Only did one day this year, but now i know how far away it isn't, i'll put down for loads more next year.
Had my biggest incident so far with a westfield doing a nascar interpretation of crossing. Very nice to get a thankyou from the driver in the next MAC newsletter.

Oh, and by far the most pleasant atmosphere for the non-marshalling moments.

Last edited by alec; 14 Sep 2004 at 17:03.
Old 14 Sep 2004, 19:30 (Ref:1096634)   #10
G Tanner
Racer

England
Weston-super-Mare
G Tanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lot's of thanks from me for a great year. Shelsley typifies the very best bits of marshalling and motorsport. Roll on next season.
Old 16 Sep 2004, 10:56 (Ref:1098093)   #11
Pike
Racer

Pike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks to everyone from me too. Hopefully next year I will lose the magnet in my pocket especially if I am stand in chief again eh Woolley???
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:16 (Ref:1098752)   #12
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Hmm, if I can't trust you for 7 minutes without having to get the air ambulance out...
Old 16 Sep 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1098782)   #13
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Hmm, if I can't trust you for 7 minutes without having to get the air ambulance out...

but some of us actually listen to your briefings and sometimes make the right calls!!!!

and then the right things happen!!! just like they always should!

this hobby is so much fun when the right people are in charge !!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 16 Sep 2004 at 21:52.
Old 17 Sep 2004, 22:08 (Ref:1099771)   #14
Mrs BlackX
Racer

Mrs BlackX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Air Ambulance???........

Air Ambulance???.....

Are you sure Woolley??..... When it landed I said to blackx "Ooohhh an Air Abmulance" and he said "Nah, when the pilot got out he said taxi for Woolley??"

You dont mean that blackx was teasing me again!!......

Shireen
Old 18 Sep 2004, 10:06 (Ref:1100030)   #15
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Old 18 Sep 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1100061)   #16
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see you up and about so early Woolley..

;-)