Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 4 Dec 2013, 14:02 (Ref:3340118)   #2501
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Poor Al. He doesn't deserve this. Good job he can take a joke!
I didn't think he could !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Dec 2013, 14:06 (Ref:3340120)   #2502
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
It was a well sorted E36 and they are the car to beat. At least I have the balls to race something different we can all buy a ready sorted M3 and go to the front!
Old 4 Dec 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3340121)   #2503
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I thought that would wake you up Al !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Dec 2013, 14:30 (Ref:3340133)   #2504
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I thought that would wake you up Al !

Joking aside,yes really Al,I thought the car looked very impressive.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3340139)   #2505
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Hey a 3rd Gen Camaro can be made to go OK see my opening laps here, almost beat the red M3 E36 he only got me at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YxvM...I4ZTAcjClSC5qg
But that's a BMW not a Camaro
Old 4 Dec 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3340151)   #2506
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
So what, have you raced against M3's especially the later ones that come out the factory with nearly 300bhp and handle like on rails against a 60's technology old tub.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3340179)   #2507
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Errr, right, you've lost me here.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 17:00 (Ref:3340183)   #2508
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
If you are talking about the camera car yes that's a BMW 325i but there is a fair bit of my car in the few opening laps which you wouldn't see if it was taken from my car, see simples!
Old 4 Dec 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3340226)   #2509
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see new operators have been announced for Mallory - Real Motorsport Limited - jointly by Stuart Hicken (a BSB team owner) and Eddie Roberts (motorcycle tyre retailer).

Obviously a m/cycle background to them but lets hope it moves forward and we get to see some historic racing back there. And testing for those that use it (Delta?).
Old 4 Dec 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3340254)   #2510
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow . Good news .i did have cars testing at Silverstone today .Thanks for the up date Gazza
Old 4 Dec 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3340271)   #2511
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Hey a 3rd Gen Camaro can be made to go OK see my opening laps here, almost beat the red M3 E36 he only got me at the end. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YxvM...I4ZTAcjClSC5qg
Response to my post immediately above?

If so by "II" or "III" I meant the US style of naming people with the same names generation after generation.

e.g. Weyman Unser II or Weyman Unser III, or whatever.

That would probably look meaningful to some UK spectators even though not at all meaningful in reality.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 10:13 (Ref:3340380)   #2512
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No you are confusing me now Grant, I do have three of the wretched things so I get confused myself!
Old 5 Dec 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3340403)   #2513
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You've got three Al Weymans? That IS confusing! Do you hang the spare two up in the cupboard until you need them? Is it like the Dr Who character the Slovene where you zip on a fresh one?

What's the collective noun for them? A camaro of Weymans?

#justasking
Old 5 Dec 2013, 14:15 (Ref:3340455)   #2514
Dan Rear
Veteran

Dan Rear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No comments anywhere about the HSCC Dinner/Dance last Saturday? My first time, I thought it was brilliant! Even the wife enjoyed it too... mostly!
Old 5 Dec 2013, 19:39 (Ref:3340578)   #2515
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mrs M declared it one of the better ones, but then she had long gone to bed when they ran out of proper malts in the bar
Old 5 Dec 2013, 20:44 (Ref:3340594)   #2516
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Mrs M declared it one of the better ones, but then she had long gone to bed when they ran out of proper malts in the bar
Speaking of malts... What was that one you bought me? It was very very nice.
Old 5 Dec 2013, 22:06 (Ref:3340617)   #2517
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, that was a Talisker. Went down very well I thought
Old 5 Dec 2013, 22:15 (Ref:3340622)   #2518
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I was very disappointed 1.30 am in the bar with two of my top drivers .i say well I'm off too bed ,then Colin EType driver says to Richard Galaxie driver fancy another drink .Last I heard it was gone 3am before they went to bed .tut tut
Old 5 Dec 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3340623)   #2519
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
And as for MrMorgan and Mallory Dan well I disspare !!!!!!!
Old 6 Dec 2013, 07:57 (Ref:3340711)   #2520
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah ! Talisker ! a good island malt- if I want a truly memorable hangover I try out some of the Islay malts of which Port Ellen and Bunnahabain ( ? spelling) are a good tonsil eradicator.
I thought the dinner was pretty good - lamb rather than the ubiquitous wet-compound chicken. The company at the HRS table was sparkling : conversation was not just about historic racing. And Gordon and Mandy Spice (both fully qualified smokers and regular inhabitants of the Smokers Deck outside) were very entertaining.
Nick
Old 6 Dec 2013, 08:27 (Ref:3340718)   #2521
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone able to collect my Capri from Ely,Cambs and deliver to Iain's please?.[ Not looking for a freebie ] thanks in advance. Cant do it myself-no trailer/no time because of our impending move.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3341223)   #2522
alfaracer156
Rookie

Ireland
Royston,Herts
alfaracer156 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Anyone able to collect my Capri from Ely,Cambs and deliver to Iain's please?.[ Not looking for a freebie ] thanks in advance. Cant do it myself-no trailer/no time because of our impending move.
When do you want it moving? I am at Royston not to far away. Mike.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 15:18 (Ref:3341237)   #2523
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wifey broke her wheelbarrow at the stables so I've been to Argos and got another. It is a flat pack one and after faffing around with it for over an hour I've given up and It's going back. The frame seems to be out of line and the tyre lost 5psi of air in half an hour. I dunked the wheel and tyre in a sink full of water and watched as a load of water actually ran in-between the tyre and the wheel.
Old 7 Dec 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3341240)   #2524
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Wifey broke her wheelbarrow at the stables so I've been to Argos and got another.
Blimey Tim, I would have thought you would have waited a couple of weeks and wrapped it up for Christmas !
Old 7 Dec 2013, 15:52 (Ref:3341244)   #2525
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Blimey Tim, I would have thought you would have waited a couple of weeks and wrapped it up for Christmas !
Pah! I've already bought some new wheel bearings for her car for Christmas, let's not go OTT Gordon.
Closed Thread